• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

What do I need?

alex99

Greenlighter
Hello all,

Never really tried posting online for help but here we go.

I am 18yrs old in my first semester of college. I have been smoking weed for about a year solid (every day) and
started on the poppers (tobbacco with weed in bong) about 4 months ago. I have been addicted to cigarettes for
about 3 years but barely smoke them any more, poppers have replaced them completely.

I also have been experimenting with cocaine, MDMA and xanax. I enjoyed molly but not enough to do it often.
xanax gave me no good times, just forgot everything and slept for a while after.

Cocaine has been my party drug of choice and I honestly have been using it a bit too much. I am not addicted and I feel
it has not really impacted me as hard as the constant poppers.

I am struggling to quit the poppers and I am basically asking does anyone have advice on getting off these and also
should I be concerned about my other drug use.

Welcome to BL!

Have you ever tried CBD? A good CBD to THC concentrate should satiate your desire for cannabinoids without some of the side effects of high concentrations of THC.

I've found NMDAr antagonists like DXM and ketamine to absolutely kill cravings or desire for tobacco (and I was/am heavily addicted to tobacco, so that really says something), but such drugs have a lot of their own side effects. Other than entheogenic experiences using iboga, mushrooms or something like DXM, I'm not sure of a way to kill cravings for something with tobacco.

Be careful with the cocaine, that can be pretty toxic and easily get out of control. Just something to keep an eye on. Cocaine can be really insidious and spiral out of control fast. Not saying it will for you, just that there is a real potential for that.

What about the poppers do you enjoy so much? What about the use of that drug makes you want to quit using them?

There are lots of other fun drugs and things to invest your time and energy in than drug use itself, especially if you're in college. Is there anything you're studying that excites you that you could put more of your effort into to try and get away from the drug use?

When I was a first year student in college I had a rule that I wouldn't use any cannabis product until after 5pm. That actually helped a lot, so perhaps try something like that. Try cutting back or limiting your use if cutting it out entirely isn't practical.

Does smoking weed stop you from functioning as well? I've always been criticized for smoking, but its NEVER had anything but a positive effect on my life. It helps me concentrate and get shit done.
The rest can be a bit of an issue, however once you get more involved at college you'll find there's no time for fun stuff like cocaine...
The above advice is excellent, don't smoke during the day or when you have work to do if its preventing you from being at your best.

Im going to echo the others:
What is it that makes you want to quit poppers? You say that you have been impacted by the poppers, how so?
If it is only the tobacco your concerned about perhaps try cutting back on the amount that you add to the bowl (I was never into poppers - weed first then a smoke for me, when I smoked - so Im not sure if thats possible).

Also, do you feel you should be concerned about your other drug use?
My concern is that cocaine and MDMA are notoriously cut, sometimes with quite harmful substances. My advice would be to get a reagent testing kit, you can easily obtain them online and they are quite cheap. While they will not provide definitive answers they will help to mitigate the risks associated with using these drugs. Alternatively you could send a small sample away anonymously for testing, though this option is definitely more expensive.