• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids What can opiate withdrawal be compared to?

I wouldn't even wish withdrawels on my worst enemy. After 3 years of sniffing and shooting heroin, i've been through a lot of withdrawels. Finally went to detox and the withdrawels were horrible. Insomnia, nausea, diarrhea, stuffy nose, headaches, restless legs, vomiting, body aches, sweating, hot and cold, cold sweats, discomfort, depression, suicidal thoughts, anxiety, mood swings, HELL ON EARTH!!!

eon_blue said:
I quit using 6 months ago and I've found this thread to be a good read when I'm craving opiates or entertaining the thought of using "just once more" again.

Fuck that shit, I don't miss what's being described here at all.

I was thinking the same thing. i hope this thread gets stickyd for that fact that ANYTIME ANYONE CONSIDERS hoping back on the train. you read this and remind yourself not too

although, were not stupid, and we still continue to relapse 8)

im in day three of my second WD/relapse. the first was ez. this...... this is hard

6 months of 3 - 2 mg a day bupe (suboxone)

this shit is so so so so hard.

SUBOXONE WD IS FUCKING TERRIBLE. it seems more drawn out then regular opi wd's. NOT AS HARSH. i can contest. but more drawn out.

by day 3 of reg WD's im peaking and turning the corner. right now i feel as if i havent even peaked!

the shits just started today. i need to go buy some Imodium. but the RLS, squirms and that foggy head feeling are whats killing me the most.

someone asked earlier if anyone has been WDing at work? I HAVE!!!!!!!!

and i work with my father and brother and they have NO idea of my use. to try hiding that shit. FUUUUUUCKKK

:( shits so hard.

i dont care who you are. what color. what life form. i truly feel, if you can go through a hard opiate withdrawal. that you have bonded with the other 173878398729874829749283 people that have done so as well. its such a hard thing to do....

be strong gentlemen. for there are better days ahead.

Like the most Intense flue you could never even imagine in your life(at least from suboxone/High dose poppys/heroin/andyesHyhdrocodone/fuck even tramadol) those are the worst opiate wds ive ever had basicaly it feels like you would rather die intense pain freezing cold all the time while also sweating to death, shitting yhour brains out, puking, not being able to sleep even on mass doses of benzos.......etc.....>DONT GO THERE
suboxone i think is number 1 with morphine/poppys pretty much tied as the most hardcore wd oh wait and methadone. hydro wd is WAYYYYYY more intense but it doesnt last fucking FOREVRE like bupe or done. tramadol is like trying to come off effexor and heroin at the same fucking time(=NOT GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
(im talking doses of hydro 120 Plus at a time multiple times a day, or 16-18 tramadols a day 2-3 pounds of dank poppy seeds at atime, BUPE AT ANYDOSE holy fuck im in the midst of it right now (bupe wd)THANK GOD for clonidine, klonopin, temazepam weed and alcohol. peace

EnYAY said:
SUBOXONE WD IS FUCKING TERRIBLE. it seems more drawn out then regular opi wd's. NOT AS HARSH. i can contest. but more drawn out.

by day 3 of reg WD's im peaking and turning the corner. right now i feel as if i havent even peaked!

Oh man, you don't have to tell me twice about bupe w/d. I went cold turkey off of bupe in rehab and I didn't even start to feel all that sick untill the third day. The second day came around and I thought that maybe, just maybe, by some act of god I was in the clear. Day three...nope. Took around 2 weeks for me to stop getting the chills, sweats, RLS, diarrhea, etc. Definitely not anywhere near as painful as heroin w/d, but the fact that it was so drawn out made it just as unbearable.

The insomnia is another story. It took well over a month for me to sleep normally after quitting suboxone.

eon_blue said:
Oh man, you don't have to tell me twice about bupe w/d. I went cold turkey off of bupe in rehab and I didn't even start to feel all that sick untill the third day. The second day came around and I thought that maybe, just maybe, by some act of god I was in the clear. Day three...nope. Took around 2 weeks for me to stop getting the chills, sweats, RLS, diarrhea, etc. Definitely not anywhere near as painful as heroin w/d, but the fact that it was so drawn out made it just as unbearable.

The insomnia is another story. It took well over a month for me to sleep normally after quitting suboxone.

lol great man. just fuckin great

i understand what your saying though. and it makes compleat sense.

ohh well. :\

day 5 no opiates....I honestly can't be specific, you just overall feel like shit. Honestly, like shit on a stick. But hey, i've been able to eat SUPER healthy cause i have no appetite! lol

^^jumping back on the wagon any time soon? I'm only halfway through day 2, and I'm absolutely miserable.

I have been working before during withdrawals. Now I have a difficult time getting through a day of work while sober (pain issues) but trying to get through the pain with the addition of opiate withdrawal was just awful.

Binge artist- naw, i'm being offered fentanyl patches 4 really fucking cheap right now and STILL saying no. But yeah after day 4 (today) the physical symptoms like back pain and sweating are kind of gone (actually still sweating), but everything else such as the anxiety, appetite loss, COMPLETE AMOTIVATIONAL SYNDROME, and so on is just as bad as day 2.

^I think I'm gonna cave. Cause if I don't, I got a feeling I'm gonna kick "leo-dicaprio-basketball-diaries" style. I am already as clammey as new england chowder, and the shits and puking seem to have set in.

Can you believe all this bullshit after a measley 3 day oxy binge??? After the last kick was so fucking easy??

i know man, i hate when peopel are like "u have to use for a month to get wtihdrawals"....after doing 200+ mg's for only 5/6 days i went through HORRID withdrawals. How many mg's a day were u using?

Over the course of those three days I went through 10 of the 80mg pills. So, a little under 300 mg per day. Bad thing is, I had only been clean for a week or so prior to that little binge. Oh well, guess god fucking hates me.

naw man, you hate urself! jk, but it really is all up to you! Yeah i've been getting 5 to 8 day stints in here and there for MONTHS now. So, this fri with my paycheck i am FORCING myself to spend all of it on weed lol! Put myself in a weed coma for like 5 days, by then it will be 12 days total.

Just find some bomb indica and blaze a shitload.

it feels like having the worst flu ever with the worst muscle pain ever and having a "bad trip" type effect with major depression and dysphoria and vomiting,diarrhea,sweating, no sleep, not hungry, etc....

Virtuoso said:
Hrmmmmm, I go through it fairly regularly so I guess I'll throw my 2 cents in.

You always feel either hot or cold, or both at the same time, like your body cannot regulate itself. You are constantly shitting, sometimes throwing up. You feel nauseous for weeks, and the insomnia can be really bad. For me the worst is always the restless legs syndrome. If you have experienced it you know what I'm talking about. If not then be thankful.

Yeah, that hot and cold feeling... you're hot one minute, turn on the AC, you're freezing, get under the covers, you start to sweat. It's impossible to get comfortable with the temperature around you.

One thing about withdrawals that is actually positive. If you listen to your favorite music while wd'ing, it will sound spectacular and you'll get emotional over it. I've heard other people say this too. So, listening to good music will help some because you're really enjoying the music.

And as I posted on another thread, when I was withdrawling, the best thing for me was sitting in a rocking chair facing a nice view out the window while listening to music. By ricking back and forth, it eased that crawling out of your skin feeling and it made the music better. Seriously, this was the best remedy out of anything for me.

malfunkshun said:
One thing about withdrawals that is actually positive. If you listen to your favorite music while wd'ing, it will sound spectacular and you'll get emotional over it. I've heard other people say this too. So, listening to good music will help some because you're really enjoying the music.
I agree, if im really really bad i cant listen to music but when the worst is gone i enjoy it very much.

Right now im coming of Suboxone.. again. This time i used for about a year - 4-6mg/day. Some weeks i took 3-4-5 clean days.
My last dose was saturday the 19th so im 6 days clean.
Last night the restless legs set it and smoking cannabis seemed to get me more focused on the pain but i managed catched a few hours of sleep during the night.
Had some cold and hot flashes this morning but they went away, my mental state is pretty stable im just a little low
because the pain in my legs.
I was able to eat two meals today and fruits go down fine, ill keep drinking alot of water.

Last time i went of bupe i had been using 6-9 months, about the same dosage and then i hardly had any WD symptoms.
So it kinda sucks right now but im managing, i just dont know if i should continue smoke hashish or if i should do
some whiskey to to get me through the night.

DeLee said:
I agree, if im really really bad i cant listen to music but when the worst is gone i enjoy it very much.

Right now im coming of Suboxone.. again. This time i used for about a year - 4-6mg/day. Some weeks i took 3-4-5 clean days.
My last dose was saturday the 19th so im 6 days clean.
Last night the restless legs set it and smoking cannabis seemed to get me more focused on the pain but i managed catched a few hours of sleep during the night.
Had some cold and hot flashes this morning but they went away, my mental state is pretty stable im just a little low
because the pain in my legs.
I was able to eat two meals today and fruits go down fine, ill keep drinking alot of water.

Last time i went of bupe i had been using 6-9 months, about the same dosage and then i hardly had any WD symptoms.
So it kinda sucks right now but im managing, i just dont know if i should continue smoke hashish or if i should do
some whiskey to to get me through the night.

insomnia is going to be a problem 100% weed wont help you sleep. ide throw back a coupple shots of whiskey and get in bed. OR you can try zanax. that will knock you out. BUT DONT mix the 2. it gets messy.....

AtxBigBallin said:
You wimpy girl..Hydrocodone...you cant ask for a more pathetic opiate than those cat testicles. If you are going to have withdrawls from practicly over the counter pain killers then i suggest you try something for real and experience real pleasure and suffer the consequences. its probably worth it and you wont regret it.

This is one of the stupidest fucking things I have ever heard. You are actually suggesting that someone who thinks withdrawals from hydrocodone are bad, to do a more potent opiate and go through worse withdrawals.... what? why? So they can be as cool and hardcore as you???
GOD DAMMIT SHIT LIKE THIS PISSES ME THE FUCK OFF.

Edit: Damn I just realized this comment was posted in '04 and for that I apologize for rehashing it but I was reading the thread and it pissed me off so I responed right away. I am going to leave the comment I made here though cause it still bothers me and I think people need to think about shit before they go typing it up and posting away.

Last edited: