• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Gaming What are your Favorite RPG's?

Elder Scrolls mainly Morrowind and Oblivion, Fallout only played a couple, and Mass Effect are my top three most prominent in memory I haven't gamed in years

I can't get stuck in the past thinking of them all though but how could I forget Dragon Age was psyched for it so hard loved it!

If we count mmo's WoW I was addicted hard for years

Don't know enough about gaming to understand pencil and paper but I think it counts according to what you shared

Last edited:
Elder Scrolls mainly Morrowind and Oblivion, Fallout only played a couple, and Mass Effect are my top three most prominent in memory I haven't gamed in years

I can't get stuck in the past thinking of them all though but how could I forget Dragon Age was psyched for it so hard loved it!

If we count mmo's WoW I was addicted hard for years

Don't know enough about gaming to understand pencil and paper but I think it counts according to what you shared
OoooIIIIII!! Good list! I love mass effect that is one of my all time favorite series

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Everquest. The first and best graphical Online RPG ever IMO. Man, if I wasn't playing it I was thinking about it. In my waning days of playing it I actually had a secondary PC rig that ran an Everquest network traffic sniffer and displayed an overhead map of everything in the current zone. LOL.

Also surprised nobody's mentioned From Software's Dark Soul series (especially Dark Souls II and III) for PC and Playstation. So good, but so fucking hard. Honorable mention to Bloodbourne and Sekiero for Playstation 4 also from From Software.

I was actually a computer and console games engineer for 25+ years (now retired). I was offered a job at Bethesda in MD where I probably would have worked on Elder Scrolls, but I decided I didn't want to move back to the east coast from the west coast USA. The RPG's I've worked on are Crusaders of Might & Magic and Hero's of Might & Magic which came out on Playstation 2 circa 1999 I think. Anyone ever play those? I don't really remember how well they turned out: when you work development on a game you can get pretty sick of looking at it.

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Everquest. The first and best graphical Online RPG ever IMO. Man, if I wasn't playing it I was thinking about it. In my waning days of playing it I actually had a secondary PC rig that ran an Everquest network traffic sniffer and displayed an overhead map of everything in the current zone. LOL.

Also surprised nobody's mentioned From Software's Dark Soul series (especially Dark Souls II and III) for PC and Playstation. So good, but so fucking hard. Honorable mention to Bloodbourne and Sekiero for Playstation 4 also from From Software.

I was actually a computer and console games engineer for 25+ years (now retired). I was offered a job at Bethesda in MD where I probably would have worked on Elder Scrolls, but I decided I didn't want to move back to the east coast from the west coast USA. The RPG's I've worked on are Crusaders of Might & Magic and Hero's of Might & Magic which came out on Playstation 2 circa 1999 I think. Anyone ever play those? I don't really remember how well they turned out: when you work development on a game you can get pretty sick of looking at it.
That's awesome man, cool that you worked on some games. I actually live right near Bethesda.

I played one of the heroes of might and magic games for a little bit, but idk if it was one on the PS2 or on the pc.

Love Heroes of Might & Magic.
Turn-based exploration + chess-like fights, what's not to love? :ROFLMAO:

Love Heroes of Might & Magic.
Turn-based exploration + chess-like fights, what's not to love? :ROFLMAO:
LOL. Turned based? Not something I ever worked on. But you're rIght: Hero's was turned based as I just looked it up. Just looked at my resume and I meant to say Warrior's of Might & Magic. That and Crusader's is what I worked on. 20 years ago, a lot of water and drugs under the bridge addled my brain... :)

Last edited:
That's awesome man, cool that you worked on some games. I actually live right near Bethesda.

I played one of the heroes of might and magic games for a little bit, but idk if it was one on the PS2 or on the pc.
Probably you played Hero's on PC? Now that my memory is returning, Hero's was the main franchise and turn based strategy. Crusaders and Warriors of M&M were 3D RPGs in the same Might and Magic "universe" and not nearly as popular I reckon.

Oh, yeah for more RPG's: all the old Looking Glass Games like System Shock and Ultima Underworld. Those games were WAY ahead of their time. Realtime 3D in software which I think even predated Quake and Doom (Id Games).

Super mario bros the original nintendo that and duck hunt were the games you got with it. May not seem much now but the joy i got when i discovered that if you jump on the turtle as it came down the steps you got unlimited lives i did it before my 2 older brothers and the only thing i beat them on lost to them in fights football cricket but beat them on this

Super mario bros the original nintendo that and duck hunt were the games you got with it. May not seem much now but the joy i got when i discovered that if you jump on the turtle as it came down the steps you got unlimited lives i did it before my 2 older brothers and the only thing i beat them on lost to them in fights football cricket but beat them on this
How are they RPGs tho? :ROFLMAO:

If anyone's interested, I can give a pretty good account of the key PC games history/timeline and features that launched the fully 3D graphic games (most of these were RPG's or action games with some RPG elements). It'd be somewhat lengthy (prolly take me about an hour to key in). So, I won't bother if there's no interest. As a former game developer specializing in 3D graphics and gamer myself, chances are I'd be close to right :).

I see i thought talking about favorite games im an old fucking man I was thinking rpgs wtf are they then I saw Zelda old Nintendo games i apologize only RPGs i know of are rocket-propelled grenades the Taliban run around with
Don't feel alone. You and me both. So I had to look it up.

q19Rzqx.jpg