• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What are you reading now? vers. "So I don't end up being a fucking waffle waitress"

I've been busily reading www.tuckermax.com over my last few days of work.

I highly recommend the buttsex episode :D

The man is utterly reprehensible, but so hilarious.

I had a tucker max obsession for a while but the revulsion eventually over took the humour value. He needs a bullet. Fucking rich prat.

up all night said:
lostpunk: I didn't really like The Great Gastby until I studied it in depth and then I absolutely loved it. It makes me wonder how many amazing books I simply don't understand and therefore can't really appreciate.

That was my experience with Heart of Darkness.

Mary Poppins said:
I am reading Kafka on the shore - Haruki Murakami.

Standard Murakami - ie. sublime :)

Very nice. Can't say the same for After Dark though, sorely disappointed.

I'm (still) on Gibson's Spook Country and Hobb's Forest Mage. Gibson's writing is as sharp and stylish as ever, amazing shit. Turns my world around. But Spook Country is difficult to get around due to the vignette style and short, disjointed chapters. Hobb is Hobb: Smooth flowing prose that emotes and describes well, though her protagonist in this series is turning into a pain to read. Can only suffer so much "I'm lost and I can't face up to my destiny" crap before the reader is lost too. 8)

I've moved on to Red Dragon and although it is not necessarily better written than Silence of the Lambs it is much more exciting. The Tooth Fairy is such a better serial killer than Buffalo Bill and the protagonist Will Graham is a hell of a lot more interesting a character than Clarice.

I have no idea why they made the movie of Silence of the Lambs first because it's a pretty stale book.

Tryna Make Busy'ness

vurtomatic said:
That was my experience with Heart of Darkness.

Soo true.
It took me multiple
reading-between-the-lines,
& intense concentration,
for a well-worth-the-effort
read(s).

I'm readin'
loads & loads of
info about the 'Merican Penal System.

I'm after a copy of
'The Gunrunner'

by Hugh Laurie .

Yes,
the Vico-poppin',
cane-wieldin',
lupus-lupus-lupus
it aint lupus
attitude
that wonders the halls
of Princeton-Plainsboro
wif his unique style
of guinea-piggy-backin'
freak patients.

Does anyone have a copy?

I'll do ya' a book swap...

I like used books.

PEACE
UnS
:)

I started the Andrew Morton biography of Tom Cruise yesterday.

Give me a few more chapters and I'll make a decision, but so far I am enjoying it.

It's A Freakin' Circus-Circus

Oh,
&
to offer zombie support...

HSTwOscar.jpg

I'm reading through my Psych text book from last year (just finished a chapter on Stress, and am about to start the one on Psychological Disorders).

And I've been working my way through this site: http://greenlightwiki.com/lenore-exegesis/
(It's to do with MBTI and Jung. Very speculative.)

Funtastic guise!

heh, I did read a lot of it last year.

I thought I'd make a half hearted attempt at refreshing my memory of it before I go back. The extra lengths one must go to in order to maintain systematic recreational destruction of their memory capacities, aye.

;)

Could'a

^
^
Should'a
&
Would'a
are
the scaffoldin'
that hold up "Did."

At the moment i'm reading Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts

Prison break outs, life on the run, spirituality, love and thats just the first 100 pages, with another 800 plus to go, epic

Crooked Little Vein - Warren Ellis

this sums it up the best

At the start of this dark, demented fiction debut from Ellis, the creator of DC Comics' Transmetropolitan and The Authority, the U.S. president's heroin-addicted chief of staff hires 25-year-old Lower East Side PI Mike McGill to find the 'other' Constitution. This is 'a secret document privately authored by several of the Founders' detailing 'the real intent of their design for American society,' which a debauched vice-president Nixon 'lost' in the '50s. With 'half a mill' in black ops money, Mike hires cute tattooed Trix Holmes to be his guide to America's deviant underworld, whence the 50-year-old cold trail begins. In their search for the missing document, 'reputedly bound in the skin of the extraterrestrial entity that plagued Benjamin Franklin's ass over six nights in Paris,' the pair make some wild pit stops in Columbus, Ohio; San Antonio, Tex.; Vegas; and, finally, L.A. The home of the free and the land of the brave has rarely looked so creepy in this snappily paced homage to William Burroughs's Naked Lunch

"the extraterrestrial entity that plagued Benjamin Franklin's ass over six nights in Paris"?

I just finished reading American Gods by Neil Gaimen and I loved it, one of my favourite books ever. I don't know why it took me so long to get around to reading it. Now I'm reading bits and pieces of The Beauty Myth by Naomi Wolf, which is interesting, and upsetting.

preacha said:
Crooked Little Vein - Warren Ellis

Thanks man, i'm gonna keep an eye out for this one.

Riot Grrrl said:
At the moment i'm reading Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts

Prison break outs, life on the run, spirituality, love and thats just the first 100 pages, with another 800 plus to go, epic

Yeh it is an awesome read, but the last 150 or so of the last 200 pages dont need to be there. Still, one of my fave reads of 07.

I'm reading Oscar and Lucinda by Peter Carey. I guess I don't generally read a book until it's been around for a few (score) years so I can buy it second hand. I appreciate P. Carey but I can't love him. I always feel as though his books are a study in humanity without the humanism that makes me fall in love with the characters and care how the book ends.

It's a good book but not the sort of book I'll read again or recommend to friends.

the chinese experience - raymond dawson

i have a thing for asian civilization tales; fact or fiction. im only JUST beginning to read this; will write more when im done.

...kytnism...:|

Just finished Spike Milligan's 'Adolf Hitler' and am now onto the sequel "Rommel, Gunner Who?".

Very funny biography of his WW2 experiences. Very British humour. Literally made me laugh out loud quite a few times!