What Are You Listening To Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this today, some dude made a fan song to one very strange videogame
I really dig it, good song to have on repeat

I'm back to my electronic days of late it seems. :) So we'll once again go with an album that I really enjoy. I've been listening to more albums than singles lately. Quite a departure from my norm. I find it hard to find albums where I enjoy most songs as opposed to a single or two. Though what I find to be the "single" or two on an album often isn't what becomes an actual "single' (EP?). With some notable exceptions of course. 😆 There are some artists where I do enjoy most if not all of the material they put out. That is more of an exception than a rule though. :\ Regardless; I find the following album to be one the exceptions. Fucking excellent album. =D

Assemblage 23 - Compass

"And you’re watching me die, Right in front of your eyes; And if you turned your back on me, I wouldn’t be surprised;

There’s no new story to tell, It’s every man for himself; As brick by brick, We construct our own personal hell" - Assemblage 23

"The pigs are at the trough, Their hunger won’t subside; Awash in their own filth, Awash in their own lies;

No sense of empathy, Corrupt in word and deed; I hate you for what you represent, I hate you for your greed" - Assemblage 23​

Aaliyah was pure and true. Not sure if she knew about how deep she was involved in it. I pray over her soul because I don't think she knew what she was getting into it. R. Kelly was her handler. I'm just glad you're better off from here Aaliyah. You were beautiful and they tried to taint you.

You have excellent taste in music.

If you're referring to my post thank you very much! 😊 I really appreciate the complement. I love music & enjoy sharing it as well as checking out others suggestions. It makes my day to find something I like or to post something that others enjoy. (y)

As for today I'm a bit pressed for time but I recently realized that since the live 2 disc album I had in my MP3 collection was actually just the audio from a live DVD; that the music was probably on YouTube. I was right. (I think? I don't think the songs are all from the same show? :unsure:). So here's my favorite album from VNV Nation. Personally I greatly prefer the live versions of the songs on this album over the studio versions. I'd never seen the video till today though. I glanced at it but EBM isn't something I'd watch a live concert of in video form. Go see the band live? Yes. Watch a live video? Nah. Certain shows are fun live but not something you'd want to just watch I guess. :unsure: Either way I'll stop rambling & link it. Again one of the rare "albums" (if that applies being a live show? :unsure:) that I enjoy most if not all of.

-- Tracklist --
01. 00:10 Intro
02. 00:30 Nation Kingdom
03. 06:00 Epicentre
04. 12:33 Honour
05. 18:20 Fearless
06. 24:40 Forsaken
07. 29:40 Genesis
08. 34:20 Darkangel
09. 39:15 Standing
10. 47:20 Solitary
11. 54:50 Beloved