• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Social What are you currently reading?

Yeah it really is. And no I haven't read any Bukowski, anything specific you'd recommend? :)

Definitely check out "Women" and "Ham on Rye". If like On The Road, you'll love those two as well.

William Burroughs is very similar to Kerouac and Bukowski too. I know you've had a history to H, Pagey so read "Junky" if you haven't yet, from Burroughs.

Cool thanks, will do. And yeah 'Junky' is next on my list, I'm really looking forward to that one.

Fantastic book. One of the very finest of the XXth century. Reading it is so easy too. Go buy it now, the book is like 10 cents on ebay. (formerly published as Junkie)

Reading Cat's Cradle again from Vonnegut while I wait for some new Amazon books to come in.

51pj5jRGyuL._SY344_PJlook-inside-v2,TopRight,1,0_SH20_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

^^

Great book. I read that one a couple years ago. Interesting take on the vampire genre.

I'm currently reading
9780061577659_p0_v1_s260x420.jpg

It won the Edgar Award for best novel in '06. Awesome so far.

I read his novel that set post 911, "The Zero" and it was great!

Am about to start what I think is his latest novel, "Beautiful Ruins".

Pulp by Charles Bukowski. Suggesting him to Pagey made me wanna get back and read some more of his work.

PulpNovel.jpg

^^ That's the only novel of his I haven't read and I keep putting it off because I like thinking there is more Bukowski for me to read.

^^

Yeah. Getting to the end of a collection from a dead author who obviously isn't writing anymore, is really depressing. Hah. I did the exact same thing with Vonnegut and Burroughs. Put off reading their last book for a long while.

Cool thing though about authors like Bukowski, is that there work is the type that can be reread multiple times and you'll always find something new to appreciate, some new substance to it.

4.jpeg

part tour diary, part war commentary, part history brush-up and cultural junket, WILLIE'S BAR AND GRILL charts legendary australian band midnight oil's progress through north america shortly after the 9/11 terrorist attack on the US. rob hirst, the bands drummer/songwriter, relates his version of life on the road in alternatively serious, light-hearted but always entertaining, fashion, introducing the group's american tour manager, willie, as well as the band and the often bizarre characters they meet. get on the bus and take the trip.

"a terrific read. hirst writes with genuine flair and tempers his sharp eye for detail with a seen-it-all-before rock veteran cool. he is also insightful enough to recognise the not-yet-spoiled delights that lurk just off the usa's smog-choked, SUV-clogged interstates. think bill bryson rewriting almost famous" - rolling stone

im loving it <3

...kytnism...:|

^^ That's the only novel of his I haven't read and I keep putting it off because I like thinking there is more Bukowski for me to read.

Yeah, Pulp had a certain self-referential characteristic to it that I didn't get in any other Buk novel. Personally, if I were to recommend a novel of his it would be Post Office. And if I were to recommend a BOOK of his it would be Pleasures of the Damned although Betting on the Muse would be a close one too.

To all Bukowski fans that haven't already, check out John Fante's Ask the Dust and you'll see how/why he was such a big influence on Hank.