• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Wes Anderson a genius?

Mysterie

Bluelight Crew
I've just finished watching Rushmore, which is one of Anderson's earlier films, and it was funny and engaging

All of the films by him i've watched though are really interesting, well casted, well filmed and kind of suprised they dont get more attention.

He recently did The Darjeeling Limited and before that The Royal Tenenbaums

He collaberates with Owen Wilson as well but I dont know how big a role he plays in the directing aspect

any other appreciators out there?

I love every movie he has done.............My all time favorite and his masterpiece is The Royal Tennenbaums in my opinion. His first movie bottle rocket is ok, then Rushmore starts his string of beautiful to look at, dry humour, witty, movies.

Wes Anderson is a genius in his own right.
I appreciate all of his films and I think that The Royal Tenenbaums and The Darjeeling Limited are his most touching films.
He has a way of revealing the wonder of whimsy, or portraying the elusive beauty beneath the idiosyncrasies of eccentric individuals.

Fantastic Mr. Fox is my favorite one of his movies. Hes a good directer but he'd have to come up with something like the theory of relativity for me to call him a genius.

I have yet to see Fantastic Mr. Fox, but I hear very good things.

"distinctive character or spirit" - one of the definitions of the word genius

Last edited:
He's got some good movies (my favourite being Fantastic Mr. Fox - his style really suits animation), I wouldn't call him a genius though.

By definition his art and actions indicate that he is clearly a genius. He may not be a genius that you can appreciate, but he is one nonetheless.

Even at the tender age of 15, I had a very cynical view of movies at the time. Shit tended to be formulaic, over dramatic... in short... crap. Then came Bottle Rocket.

Bottle Rocket was one of those movies that took basic film making archetypes and spun them opposite in the simplest, most whimsical fashion.

In the end it's an amazing testament to friendship, loyalty and love.

there is a distinction between one that creates something(an artist), and one that is created(a product)

Yes but just because you subjectively think something is extraordinarily creative does not make it objectively so. It would be very hard to argue that someone like Albert Einstein was not a genius, that is not at all the case with Wes Anderson. You feel that he is a genius but that does not make him one. Using the word "genius" too loosely detracts from it's value and is not fair to those who truly deserve the title.

You will find my rebuttal to your current counterpoint contained within previous compositions, if you go back and read what i've already written, with accepting eyes and an open mind.

Btw, what I say is based on logic and fact, not "feelings".

If you knew for a fact that Wes Anderson was a genius why would you make a thread titled "Wes Anderson a genius?"