• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Wellbutrin and meth...potentiate or weaken?

F1n1shed

Bluelighter
I've already look this up on various threads and there always seems to ve people saying one thing then another person saying the opposite. Wellbutrin inhibits re up take of dopamine and nored... Does that mean it blocks some of meths action on releasing? Or does it make it stronger allowing dopamine to be flowing for longer periods of time.

SSRIs block the effects of MDMA which is why I ask. Please clear this up for me

Dangerous combo, could cause seizures if taken together

No, Doc, the bupropion blocks the meth action. This re-posted again today in the Pharma forum.

Please try to be factual in your harm reduction, and cite such statements--it's the whole point.

Hey there, Crack. I welcome your endorsement.

Now, I'll need some contributions . . . .

Please see the thread in the pharma forum.
Yes but did you read the parts that say coadministation of bupropion and meth increases the plasma concentrations of bupropion in the blood. That's why can cause seizures, not the meth but the bupropion that's sticking around. High enough bupropion in the blood could cause seizures. It's not the meth that causes the seizure it's the excess bupropion.
I don't post experiences I haven't had, 300mg of bupropion + 150mg IV meth = seizure.

Last edited:
Bupropion definitely increases seizure risk, although it takes a lot. It could happen.

I'm sorry first for thinking this was the thread I posted in, and then for assuming it was a dismissive "it'll kill ya" post. I do think anecdotes, even if personal, should be labelled as such.

So basically after doing some more solo research and testing it out. I have come to the conclusion that bupe doesn't completely block the meth. It hinders the ability of meth to release dopamine and other neurotransmitters but allows them to stay in the synapse much longer. I can usually fall asleep fine after smoking meth, just wait a few hours. Last night i took bupe at the end of my session for neuro protection and then i noticed the buzz wouldn't go away, there was no strong high or anything but i was stimulated for hours. Basically if you take bupe before meth you will be fucking with the 'magic' of it.

That's meth black magic you're fuckin with son, not the kind of thing for in situ research. That's the stuff that always moves your pipe and keeps walking behind you with noisy footsteps. You can try to catch it, but you never will, since it already caught you.

But that paper did say inhibition was weak and dose-dependent.

If you look at DAT-selective inhibitors, like modafinil, you see a calm alertness, and reduced need for sleep (not necessarily inability to sleep). And makes you pee.

It's the release of adrenaline and norepinephrine that gets you amped up (somebody who takes Straterra/atomoxetine can share here), and that usually gets left out of the stim discussion, since the high and addiction belong to dopamine.

I don't think that paper tested inhibition of NET.

But consider the potential effects of a releasing agent with a reuptake inhibitor: things like serotonin syndrome. There's a lot of glutamate what comes with the dopamine, and that's a big seizure trigger. And to much adrenaline I think your heart explodes (citation needed).