View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

weirdest scary experience iv ever had on mushrooms

coralsands

Greenlighter
so i used to do psychedelics quite a bit and one experience just popped into my head from a while back. i was on an eighth of mushrooms which i took with some lemon juice in my house and about an hour or two into the trip i decided to go look in the mirror. so i went in the bathroom, looked in the mirror, and got caught in this scary blank minded stare in to my eyes that i couldnt break from for a good 5-10 seconds. like i couldnt think, couldnt move, just stuck there staring into my eyes in the mirror with a blank mind like i was locked into some sort of trance that i couldnt break from. it might not sound too scary but at the time it was the freakiest feeling i had ever experienced, like it felt like something had a grasp on my mind and body and i was completely helpless to do anything about it. im just wonderring if there is a name for this and if anyone else has experienced anything like this? like iv had bad trips but this was something completely different and i have no idea what to make of it. thanks

You wouldn't be the first to be freaked out by looking into a mirror whilst tripping. I have done the same but I wasn't frightened, rather I found myself weirdly amused. Mushrooms can have an extremely profound effect on the mind, it seems to me that almost any state of mind can be experienced whilst under their influence.

thanks for responding. like i had looked in the mirror tripping before and most of the time im just amused but that time it was completely different. i dont know if looking into the mirror had anything to do with going into the blank minded trance but it was quite frightenning, like i just curled up into a ball for the rest of the trip. iv had some scary trips, watching my dick melt off of my body(sorry if tmi), thinking i had permenantly fucked my mind after doing 10 grams cubensis, and the like but this was just such a unique experience that it seems hard to describe, like words cant describe how freaky it felt

i think catatonia might be the best way to describe it, thanks for that

i just had no idea that could happen on mushrooms

Mushrooms are serious business. I never get why they're so popular as a first time trip (well, probably because they're natural, well-known and widely available actually). Many of my hardest and most disturbing trips have been on mushrooms, though some of my most magical have been as well, including my first +4 which changed my life.

I agree mushrooms are serious business, which is fine for serious trippers. The problem arises when the experience is touted as a purely recreational pursuit; that's definitely misguided.

I think mirrors have a huge HUGE psychological impact while tripping (on just about anything)
When I very first got caught by my own reflection; I was curious about this phenomenon. I started to brainstorm ideas about why this is such a common experience.

The biggest one I can think of is the fact that we can't see ourselves from an outside perspective since our eyes are planted into our face.
When looking at another person, your actions cause you to await a response since it is the only way for them to communicate their soul.
When you meet eye contact with your own reflection... that's the only time you will truly stare into the depths of the soul of the image put in front of you; it is as if you are one with another being outside your body and they are one with you. Dial at ed pupils enhance this effect for me since they appear as open doors/windows to the soul.

Mushrooms are nuts! I'm a actually pretty scared of their power.

Just yesterday I got just over 500 Grams fresh .... Gonna start experimenting.

At least you didn't see the flesh melt off to the skull like a guy did who accidentally took 100 mg of 2CE.