• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

(weird) Question: Is Topological creme containing Methoxetamine possible?

Rampelflik

Bluelighter
Hi everyone.

Is it possible to make a topical cream containing methoxetamine?
Why you ask? Because my face hurts like hell!

I've been taking isotretinoïne for a skin condition for a couple of days now. 2 Times 20mg a day. I've got very dry skin, and with this medicine it has only gotten worse. Usually, I just use some lotion/creme/moisturizer or such. At the moment, however, non of those bring any relieve. Plastering my face with the stuff doesn't work and I'm still in agony. I feel like my facial skin is heavily sunburned with additional pins and needles pricking everywhere. I didn't sleep last night, work today brought some distraction but sucked extra hard. And I won't be surprised if I don't catch any sleep tonight.

Do you think it's possible to dissolve some MXE into a creme/moisturizer and use it as a local/topical anesthetic? Or would this endeavor be doomed to failure?

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
*Topical, topological cream would be next-gen nano tech?

It's not doomed to fail, but it's uncertain that MXE blocks sodium channels like ketamine does, or if so, what concentration to use. The purpose of ketamine in cream is to reduce hyperalgesia anyway, basically most suited for nerve pain of sorts. So that's another question mark.

I guess if you use a topical application you won't have the trouble of central activity (like a trip, mild or no) that keeps you up all night regardless of the pain. But I have no idea if it could exacerbate skin conditions as an irritant or some other manner.

I'm not a doctor and giving medical advice on the forum is hardly cool anyway...

If it were me I would probably go on the hunt for lidocaine cream or gel the next day which is a proven local anaesthetic that only blocks sodium channels, or if you can afford to maybe just a not too high dose of MXE just sublingually since dissociatives are good at relieving pain by their central action (so that's separate from how they'd work locally / topically i believe).

Last edited:
When I was at the height of my MXE use, I wondered the same thing. Topical application of the stuff appealed to me a lot as an idea but I wasn't in a state of mind back then to try and answer it nor did I know the science well enough. My brain wasn't working normally back then cause I had gone over the edge with my use but I liked to tinker. Started mixing MXE with coconut oil and insufflating. I'd say that experiment didn't really work but might have had some potential. Mostly to soothe the sinuses and alter the ratio of first-pass to second-pass metabolism. I'm not a medicinal chemist, but am curious about other people's replies. Could it be absorbed via the skin using an appropriate carrier? Don't see why not.

Also started to wonder about dry-powder MXE inhalers. People use dry powder inhalers for delivering insulin to the body via the lung using engineered particles as an example. Why engineered particles? Aerodynamically, smoke is an emulsion of particles that aren't very efficiently absorbed by the body. That's why when you inhale smoke, you often exhale it too. The drug stays in the air, not in the lung. With engineered particles having ~5-10 nm diameters the particles stay in the air long enough to be delivered to the lung without being deposited on the back of the throat or being exhaled back out in the air. Plus no heat source required.

MXE probably isn't potent enough of a drug for this type of application, but the field is fascinating. I wanted this drug really bad and wanted my love affair to work out so I kept reading stuff about it. Ultimately, I realized that I don't really know much about medicinal chemistry, but saw the potential of other ROA's for this compound.

English is not my native language, as you might have hazard to guess. Topical cream, not topological creme, hehe, got it!

Anyway, I mixed 50mg MXE into a bit of moisturizer. Not sure if it has dissolved. Applied it 20 minutes ago. No
effect as of yet. I'll definitely ring the doc. tomorrow and ask If he can prescribe me anything better. I still have 1,5 weeks to go with the isotretinoïne. I really hope the painful facial skin wil subside soon, though I'm afraid I'll have to endure it, maybe even sometime after the last gelcap of isotretinoïne goes down the hatch.

Update t + 00:50
Now, 50 minutes after first application, I applied some more. Normally, this particular moisturizer burns quite a bit. It did so too, 50 minutes ago. Just now, when applied to the same area, only a slight burning sensation. Applied to a different area that didn't receive a first application the burn was as normal. I must say, the pain hasn't subsided fully, but I do believe it has become substantially less. Maybe three quart of the original pain remain. Could this be a placebo effect? It might.

Update t + 01:20
The third application seemed to give the normal burning sensation. It might be that the concentration of MXE is too low. Maybe only 10% / 15% (maybe less) of the amount of moisturizer in which the MXE has been mixed has been used up until now.

Update t + 02:10
Added another 50mg to the remaining moisturizer and applied again. The burn seems less intense once more, weirdly. It might be relevant to note that I've only been applying it to an area below my lower lip on my chin, the place that hurts the most, and not on my entire face.

Last edited:
Topological MXE cream sounds like a fun thing to think about... while on MXE.

For topical I would think you'd need (at least) some sort of carrier to aid absorption.

Also started to wonder about dry-powder MXE inhalers. People use dry powder inhalers for delivering insulin to the body via the lung using engineered particles as an example. Why engineered particles? Aerodynamically, smoke is an emulsion of particles that aren't very efficiently absorbed by the body. That's why when you inhale smoke, you often exhale it too. The drug stays in the air, not in the lung. With engineered particles having ~5-10 nm diameters the particles stay in the air long enough to be delivered to the lung without being deposited on the back of the throat or being exhaled back out in the air. Plus no heat source required.

MXE probably isn't potent enough of a drug for this type of application, but the field is fascinating. I wanted this drug really bad and wanted my love affair to work out so I kept reading stuff about it. Ultimately, I realized that I don't really know much about medicinal chemistry, but saw the potential of other ROA's for this compound.

Are you talking about nebulizers? I think even ketamine is potent enough to make that work, actually, and that people have..

English is not my native language,
Sorry was just messing with you a little..
Anyway, I mixed 50mg MXE into a bit of moisturizer. Not sure if it has dissolved. Applied it 20 minutes ago. No
effect as of yet. I'll definitely ring the doc. tomorrow and ask If he can prescribe me anything better. I still have 1,5 weeks to go with the isotretinoïne. I really hope the painful facial skin wil subside soon, though I'm afraid I'll have to endure it, maybe even sometime after the last gelcap of isotretinoïne goes down the hatch.

Update t + 00:50
Now, 50 minutes after first application, I applied some more. Normally, this particular moisturizer burns quite a bit. It did so too, 50 minutes ago. Just now, when applied to the same area, only a slight burning sensation. Applied to a different area that didn't receive a first application the burn was as normal. I must say, the pain hasn't subsided fully, but I do believe it has become substantially less. Maybe three quart of the original pain remain. Could this be a placebo effect? It might.

Update t + 01:20
The third application seemed to give the normal burning sensation. It might be that the concentration of MXE is too low. Maybe only 10% / 15% (maybe less) of the amount of moisturizer in which the MXE has been mixed has been used up until now.

Update t + 02:10
Added another 50mg to the remaining moisturizer and applied again. The burn seems less intense once more, weirdly. It might be relevant to note that I've only been applying it to an area below my lower lip on my chin, the place that hurts the most, and not on my entire face.

Yeah they use rather high concentrations of ketamine in creams, also it works mostly for neuropathic pains and things like allodynia or hyperalgesia: hypersensitivity to pain and such issues with the nerves themselves. Apparently it's the calcium channel blocking of K that may be more important than the sodium channel blocking, although they add the sodium channel blocker lidocaine into it and also gabapentinoids which are calcium channel blockers. Different modes of action that can help with the nerves.

Topological MXE cream sounds like a fun thing to think about... while on MXE.

For topical I would think you'd need (at least) some sort of carrier to aid absorption.

High concentrations may be required, but what I read is that just a cream-base moisturizing agent was used in one place but that with hydrogels you can achieve higher concentrations.

Nice try but this may not really work realistically or economically.

Are you talking about nebulizers? I think even ketamine is potent enough to make that work, actually, and that people have..

Nebulizzers and asthma cans produce liquid particles. dry-powdered inhalers are a pretty new player on the scene. my dream ROA for potent compounds like some psychedelics.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dry-powder_inhaler

Unfortunately, the max payload is pretty small, so MXE is out. 3-MeO-PCP might be feasible.

Yeah maybe something like DOC, cutting off the onset / comeup is probably very helpful.
I don't think 3-MeO-PCP needs other ROAs but i get thats its an example.

Is there an advantage over nasal spray though?

Is there an advantage over nasal spray though?

the main advantages over nasal spray is onset of action. Dry-powder inhaler is about as rapid as smoking in terms of onset. Less burn too. More selective delivery to lung than nebulizer/metered-dose inhalers. That and I love to inhale things but don't like heating drugs. So this has me excited. At the end of the day, no drug manufacturer is going to make DPI psychedelics/dissociatives and this is more of a geek thing. nasal spray is probably better for some drugs.