• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Weird feeling from oxy the next day, should I be concerned?

Biogoth

Greenlighter
Hello, I'm new to this forum but not new to the world of drugs or for that matter opiates.

Relevant information: I'm 5'9 114 lbs, female.

Let me explain what happened;
Last night I decided to take some oxycodone-APAP. I started off with 10/650 and felt pretty good. Then about 45 minutes into my high my friend wanted some too so I gave it to him. He weighs about 30lbs more than me so he wasn't feeling anything by the time he should've. So I gave him one more and decided to parachute another half myself because my high was starting to wear off. At this point I began to feel sick and threw up a little and began getting a bit shaky and tachycardic. I chalked this up to anxiety from throwing up. This is not the problem. After finishing up the movie with my friend I fell asleep on one of the couches and he on the other. I had several odd lucid dreams and when I woke up I felt a bit shaky and drained but this time I chalked it up to an "opiate hangover". I took a shower and after that is when I realized just how weird I felt. I was way tired and shaky and numb all over my body but the worst part was​ I was unable to think straight at all and couldn't think in complete sentences and I felt much more stupid than I normally am. I am still feeling all of this as I type, for the record. I'm scared I have brain damage. I learn a lot about medicine and drugs and biology (hence the name) and I have no idea how to explain this. Can anyone shed some insight into my situation?
I am panicking.

you are having what is known as a panic attack. opiate hangovers can cause these, it sounds like you are over-thinking.
you don't have brain damage, don't worry, if you did you certainly wouldn't be this lucid.
a small dose of benzodiazepines may help, but i would advise against combination with an opiate.

it'll pass, try and get some rest, have a cup of tea (decaff); chalk this up to experience.

You will be OK. It sounds as though you're having some anxiety, or a panic attack. Put some music on that you enjoy that relaxes you, and lie down for a bit and imagine yourself on a beach or a place you like and concentrate on you breathing and you will calm down.

Also, eat some food, and stay hydrated. You don't have brain damage, it's just anxiety/a panic attack, low blood sugar, or maybe dehydration?

This will pass. I guess you are not used to opiates and all you said seems to be normal.
Oxys wear out quite quickly and you've used a small dose.

All's well. Happens all of the time, but even at higher doses (ie 3 10/325) but tolerance is always a factor.

hm never woulda thought 15mg/900mg apap would make someone throw up, but ur a female that doesnt weigh much so thats a big factor, ima male that weighs alot more than you so 15mg oxy wouldnt even give me a buzz, but i gotta tolerance, if i had no tolerance id need 20mg to get really high 15mg would be a strong buzz but never to the point of throwing up, maybe it was to much opiates at once for you, were you drinking or using anything else? cigs?/coffee?

You could also be allergic to oxycodone,you might want to find out if you are.

sounds like you just took too much for your tolerance level. it's unlikely that you're allergic to them or you would have had a more ... spectacular reaction.

I would agree with the previously posted sentiments, and I think you will be fine, I just wanted to add that a short thank you for your first post adhering to forum rules and guidelines for your first post. You obviously read the BLUA or at least some of the forum rules. We have had a lot of new people recently ignoring the importance of these guidelines and it gets old fast. So good first post. Thank you and welcome to Bluelight, and I am sure you will be okay.