• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Weed v. Hash

Imo the weed where I live is so much better, often stronger than most hashish.
But for me it's the high that I (used to) like better.
Hash could make me feel very.. weird and sometimes plain headaches and dizziness.

Gave it all up though :p

I switched over to hash a couple months ago. I use marijuana everyday, so it just made more fiscal sense to buy hash. I can buy a gram for about what it cost for an eighth. An 8th of high quality marijuana will last me 2 if im very lucky and only smoking to myself, 3 days. One gram of hash, ill be stoned off my ass all day for 6-8 days. As for the effects, i feel they are almost identical to marijuana, i still get the munchies and sleepy, especially if i smoke alot of it. I guess it just depends on the strain, if i get a pure stativa i dont get hardly any munchies and it keeps me awake, indica and it locks my ass to the couch with twenty pounds of food to eat, thats why if i can i strictly stick to hybrids, i prefer stativa dominant though, 70-30 is my prefered mix
I also wonder why hash hasnt caught on yet, i put about .2 in my G-Pen and I wont have to reload it all day and i can literally smoke ANYWHERE. There is virtually no smell, so one of my favorite things to do is go to the movies sober, then rip my pen all threw the previews and be totally ripped throughout the entire film haha its great, and everyone just thinks your hitting your e-cig
-nayRoxy

I think you US stoners are different to us British stoners. We roll with tobacco and hog a joint. Power smoke multiple grams in a day or 2. I've read shit like guys only taking one hit of a pipe over there. And you guys do puff puff pass. I could never smoke socially in the US lol.

I think you US stoners are different to us British stoners. We roll with tobacco and hog a joint. Power smoke multiple grams in a day or 2. I've read shit like guys only taking one hit of a pipe over there. And you guys do puff puff pass. I could never smoke socially in the US lol.

I think the difference in habit is more a result of differences in available product(s).

iirc, just 10 years ago Europeans (Dutch, mainly) were stereotyping Americans for smoking too much, and now... we smoke super small amounts, apparently.

Brutha, we smoke to get high (or medicated) just like the weedheads in your country do. Blanket stereotypes won't get you anywhere but misinformed.

All these extracts us Americans are getting a hold of... it makes power-smoking multiple grams of flower in a single session seem.... stupid? Wasteful, I guess... idk, the only time I'd even consider that is if I were in an excellent financial situation and was in possession of some really shitty weed.

That's just my take on it, though. You could be right..... I just don't think you are. :D

I don't think people smoke socially in the US anymore than Spain or Germany.
It depends on your age, or whether you are in University, vacation or just using as a part of your routine, addiction, etc.

I couldn't generalize that. Specially if we're talking about weed or hash.
What part of the country are you talking about? Any particular state or region?
Well, maybe in certain neighborhoods IMO.

Such comparisons are hard to make. Maybe if you would have been speaking from Amsterdam I could certainly see a difference. But if you are mainly speaking about the ways, or habits of sharing it, I suppose it could be anywhere.

Anyway Hash for me is a bit intense. 'Body wise' ..

Last edited:
Hash. It gives me the giggles and no munchies, whereas weed just messes with my head and puts me to sleep, I'm too vulnerable on weed?

The hit from the hash depends entirely from what strain it came from or country of origin. You can get native moroccan landrace strain made hash which is quite a light colour and mild body stone. Then you get the pakistani landrace grown in morocco which is usually much stronger on the head. Here in europe you can get very good import hashes from Morocco.

I don't think people smoke socially in the US anymore than Spain or Germany.
It depends on your age, or whether you are in University, vacation or just using as a part of your routine, addiction, etc.

I couldn't generalize that. Specially if we're talking about weed or hash.
What part of the country are you talking about? Any particular state or region?
Well, maybe in certain neighborhoods IMO.

Such comparisons are hard to make. Maybe if you would have been speaking from Amsterdam I could certainly see a difference. But if you are mainly speaking about the ways, or habits of sharing it, I suppose it could be anywhere.

Anyway Hash for me is a bit intense. 'Body wise' ..

I meant the UK. Here we tend to roll a a long thin joint with tobacco and weed/hash. And we dont pass the joint so frequently as what I've seen from the videos on youtube in places it's been legalized for medicinal use. I've smoked it in europe but few places seem to smoke so much as here in the UK.

I love vaping a small hash ball over and over again... gets me buzzed still after 5 sessions. it's got this grassy taste when I vape.

The hit from the hash depends entirely from what strain it came from or country of origin. You can get native moroccan landrace strain made hash which is quite a light colour and mild body stone. Then you get the pakistani landrace grown in morocco which is usually much stronger on the head. Here in europe you can get very good import hashes from Morocco.

You ever seen "La Haine"? There's a funny scene where some French kids from the ghetto get busted with hash by some French cops, and one of the cops starts educating the others about the different kinds of hash, like Moroccan, Lebanese etc, and which ones are the best to smoke.

Can't have one without the other in my mind!! Sunrises are all about my terpene profiles love some diesel terps in the morning (bho) then by mid day bustin out og for bong hits!! For me bho is more energetic and where as flowers are much more relaxing

I used to always smoke flowers but then moved to a place where hash is super common so i've been able to taste plenty of different kinds.

I still prefer some dank flowers, I really like the smell and find the high a little more balanced. Still like hash a lot, more so the traditional kind (moroccan,pakistani,ect...) which i smoke pretty much everyday, but BHO is also great for special occasions because its pretty expensive and hard to find at the moment.

I prefer decent hash over weed, Amsterdam is sick for good hash where I live, Scotland only hash is soapbar,dirty contaminated shit that's luckIy disappearing, being replaced by slightly better grade soapbar passed of as pollem

Indica I prefer over sativa, get paranoid now so I can only smoke indica, I find sativa makes my pains worse and more real, the opposite of most people

Sativa for me and it's hard to say weed or hash, on obe hand I love the flavour and texture of the weed smoke. But on the other a nice piece of bubble or shatter gets me so damn high. I prefer weed most of the time but occasionally When the options available I'll buy some extracts.

I don't smoke anything like the amount I used to. When I was younger (in my twenties), it was mostly hash that was available and weed was something of a novelty and generally more expensive. Now it is hash that is a novelty and weed is still more expensive! There are advantages and disadvantages to both:

Hash advantages:
1. Smell. Much easier to carry around; some weed makes me paranoid without even having to smoke it!
2. Cost. Hash is considerably more expensive than it used to be, but still generally better value than weed.
3. Buzz. Although different, I tend to find the buzz from hash is more manageable than weed. I can get on with things on hash whereas often weed requires my full attention

Disadvantages:
1. Buzz. Seems contrary to above, but if I'm on psychedelics I prefer the quicker buzz from weed to really kick things off
2. Time. It takes longer to roll with hash
3. ROA. Unless I'm missing something, I cannot use hash in my e-cig. I have a special cartridge which vapes weed, but not hash. I still use the old-fashioned rolling method for hash (any tips on this?)
4. Hotrocks! Back in the day, most of my tops had small burns from glowing bits of hash falling from a spliff. However, I can access much better quality these days and the quality stuff doesn't cause hotrocks.

Weed Advantages:
1. Quick buzz and more alert. Hash tends to cause more of a sedated effect leaving me wanting to lie down. Weed is more energising, especially when on psychedelics. Having said that I've not really experimented with different strains, so I must research more!
2. ROA. MY e-cig allows me to use it anywhere as it generates very little smell
3. Health. No need to mix with tobacco in a spliff.

Disadvantages:
1. Cost. Much more expensive than the equivalent weight of hash
2. Quantity. Double-whammy with 1 above. Using in an e-cig requires a fairly substantial amount. With hash I can alter the strength by increasing or decreasing the amount I add

As for cultural differences in smoking, I don't think there are any beyond countries/states where the substance has been legalised/decriminalised. My circle of friends used to roll spliffs and pass them round regularly rather than hogging. Other groups would roll for themselves.

Honestly in my opinion, after months of smoking hash in a pipe as it was the cheaper alternative, hash gets you higher than weed as it is more potent, but for me it got my high but didn't make me trip whereas weed doesn't get me as high but also makes me trip. I think it comes down to personal preference when it comes to hash and bud. But I do agree that hash will last you longer conservatively.