• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Weed through a cigarette filter?

majin_buu82

Bluelighter
My buddy has a rolling machine that puts tobacco into an empty "cigarette tube" (basically, a cigarette w/o tobacco in it). My question is: Would the same amount of THC come through a cigarette filter then w/o it? aka, would u still get as high then if you didn't have it? thanks

I don't know if a cigarette filter will filter out THC or not.
But I used to repack cigarettes with marijuana, leaving the filter. As long as you do it right so you can take big hits, it shouldn't make a difference. However if you repack a filtered cigarette too lightly or loosely, not much smoke will pull through.
And certainly you will get better hits if you remove the filter.

in my experiences it def wont filter out the thc. i can only remember it enhancing the high. i havent done it in a while though.

if I were you and were going to be smoking this in public, I would add tobacco with the weed...only because, it will make it less obvious what you are doing (you obviously are planning to smoke in public, otherwise you'd simply roll a joint)...
the tobacco smell should mask some of the weed scent (but not all of it)...careful you don't exhale in a cops face :)

id replace the filter with a cardboard jerry, which essenitally looks about the same.
Also in NZ, i dont know about the US, police cant use smell to evoke searching privilages. The courts rules it too arbitrary.

i tried this once and felt like it wasnt working very well.. like i wasnt getting much of a hit
a regular joing can be just as stealthy.. especially if you have rolling tobacco on you
i know here in california the law is the same as NZ; the smell of pot smoke isnt not reasonable cause for a search

i noticed a difference with it. since i was too cheap to buy papers, and was sick of making nasty fiol bowls, i started repacking my cigarettes with weed.
whether or not the difference was mental, i always poked a hole in the filter. before i put the weed in, i'd stick a paper clip in the filter and wiggle it around a bunch till i had a hole big enough to fit the end of a ball point pen ink thingie in there, then i'd push that in all the way. made a decent sized hole, and helped keep the weed in the cig.
as for putting in, i found that a pen ink thingie (can't think of what they are called) also can be used to push the weed into the empty cig real well. you can pack it in no problem.

My buddy a major stoner from England and he swears by rolling with a filter. I thought he was nuts when I first saw him roll a joint and he told me everyone in the UK rolls doobs that way. He rips off the filter of a cigarette and then rips part of it off long ways to make it thinner, then places it in the rollin paper with the weed beyond the filter and rolls it up. He never seems to have a problem getting stoned and I was pretty wasted when I gave it a shot as well...but Im not a regular smoker.

cigarette filters have been shown to filter THC out. You are better off with a small cardboard filter, or cutting the filter to about 1/4 its orginal length. Sorry, i dont have a link to ths study.

the tobacco smell should mask some of the weed scent (but not all of it)...careful you don't exhale in a cops face
rather than mixing with tobacco, i've found cloves make a better masking scent in public.

^^^^^
Agreed, cloves work much better and as an added bonus they're also longer. I don't smoke cigs. though so I rarely do this.

I use one of these things to roll my cigarettes and sometimes weed too. It is useful if you want to bring a few joints with you to a party but are paranoid about getting searched.
I always just break the filters off when I smoke them tho :)