• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Weed related clothing?

Newbierock

Bluelighter
Not sure if this should be here or drug culture, posted it here in the hopes I was correct. If not sorry/PLZDONTBANME.

But yeah, lately round my ends i've noticed a HUUUGE increased in people wearing those stupid "420" flatpeaks with weed leafs all across them, and super skunk t shirts and whatnot. Now I wanna know if it's just me who seems to get pissed at stuff like this?

I Can understand in somewhere like amsterdam (every fucker had some kind of weed clothing on) because it doesn't matter who knows there, you can just walk into a shop and boom. But over here in the UK where something like that is just gonna get you stopped and searched by police is just retarded imo. I Imagine even moreso in (some parts of) america?

So eh, tell me your guys opinions on this stuff, cause right now I feel like a big bag of unneccesary hate.

This is more suited for drug culture, I'll move it over there.

But first ill give my two cents.

I'm not exactly sure why your getting pissed about this little trend, its just a matter of fashion really. In america its been more or less acceptable to wear things referring to weed as part of America's subculture. Although wearing something that says 420 or has some other pot reference might make you stand out some to a cop, he cannot legally search you because of your shirt. He would need to have a better cause for suspicion and with out a warrant you can legally refuse. Also since medical MJ is legal in certain states I'm quite sure most cops are not even gonna bat an eyelash at some 420 shirt.

I personally have to show my love for the weed in much more suble ways, I am not scared of any cops, but I'm in graduate school and preparing to become a teacher. For me personally wearing something that supports weed could ruin my career.

Yeah i think some people over do it, but it some states in the US gettin caught with weed isnt going to get you in a big amount of trouble so I am sure a lot of them dont care. I know some people who really really love weed and rep the fuck out of it.

I use to wear a Cannabis shirt in my teenage years. I stopped doing so though. I love Cannabis, but personally I don't like giving off that impression to total strangers or people I barely know. Yes, it's totally acceptable, I just don't like the unneeded attention it brings.

Here in canada everyone has or wears some kind of the shirts your describing. Just yesterday I bought a few t-shirts from my local headshop along with a new vaporizer. It's kind of taboo in the sense that your announcing to the word, yet who cares? It's personal choice and I'm sure if someone has pounds of weed on them they're not going to wear a shirt like that.

now a days its like wearing a shirt with coors light or budweiser on it

Here in canada everyone has or wears some kind of the shirts your describing. Just yesterday I bought a few t-shirts from my local headshop along with a new vaporizer. It's kind of taboo in the sense that your announcing to the word, yet who cares? It's personal choice and I'm sure if someone has pounds of weed on them they're not going to wear a shirt like that.

Hahaha, i was gonna say, in Canada you should be worried if you walk around a mall and DON'T see someone wearing pot related clothing. But then again, this is Canada, we all smoke weed, and no one cares haha.

I Can understand in somewhere like amsterdam (every fucker had some kind of weed clothing on)
I spent 2 weeks in Amsterdam in '10, and I could count the numbers of times I saw a weed shirt on 1 hand. :\

I saw a kid that had a shirt that said "Sour Diesel" and had a picture of a diesel engine on it lol...

I thought that was a dope ass one. Only smokers would know what it meant

^that sounds cool. but ya i haven't worn shit with pot leafs on it since i was a teenager. i don't wanna come across as a drug addict, plus i don't like weed that much even though i smoke it every day.

Why isn't there more Heroin-related clothing? Now there's a conundrum. No, I get why.

^I've seen heroin themed clothing several times. Also seen crack themed clothing. And psychedelic drug themed too.

Two of my favorite shirts ever- the erowid "schedules" shirt that says "so many schedules, so little time" with a list of drug scheduling- http://www.erowid.org/donations/incentives_shirt.php

And this one from Austin Harm Reduction Coalition that has a cow girl riding a giant syringe with a condom on it (like the Dr. Strangelove scene with the bomb), and it says "fuck safe, shoot clean."

Neither are specifically weed related, but I think a lot of drug related t-shirts can be funny. I saw one once that said "don't bother me, I'm on heroin", which I liked.

Most weed shirts are kinda cliched and and boring, but I sometimes see one I think is funny. I don't see the problem with them, I have some drug themed shirts, I never have drugs on me while wearing them though, that would be a little dumb. It's funny to see the squares reacting all seriously to the silly druggie shirt. Also I don't really think a weed leaf t-shirt tips you off to the cops any more than a tye-dye or grateful dead shirt or whatever. I dress how I want and don't let the police scare me into being someone I'm not.

I have weed curtains, pants and a shirt, all the same design, the plain green shape of a leaf on plain purple.

As much as I would love to show my appreciation of drugs to all of the random people I come across on a daily basis, I would never want to give the cops any reason to fuck with me. At least not until people in Alabama get more accepting of...well everything.

Not my thing, I don't like to showcase my drug usage. Doesn't bother me if other people do it, though.

I'm 21 and have been pretty regularly wearing weed related clothing since I was about 15. It's the only drug I use, so I am indeed a pretty vocal advocate of it. Other than some psychedelics in high school and one time use of E two years ago, I've just never been into trying other drugs. I don't even drink or use tobacco. Just not my thing. But I can go through an 8th of dank in a day with little effort. I just loathe the culture surrounding some drugs, so I've always stayed away. I am by no means generalizing everyone, but amongst the amphetamine and opiate users I know, most of them annoy the shit out of me. Dishonest, always trying to get more money by any means, no common interest with their "friends" besides drug use. It's just way more time and effort than I'm willing to put into my drug use. Most of my friends don't use anything, so I'd rather not isolate myself from any of them.

Every piece of weed clothing I've ever seen has been astoundingly aesthetically displeasing in it's own right. I also find the concept asinine. Why not pick some other arbitrary herbaceous plant out of book on biology and stick it on a shirt?

You want a drug shirt instead? Particularly, you want to announce one of the drugs you take to the world? Fascinating! I'm going to get a shirt silk-screened up with 2D mol of mometasone on it, so everyone can see that I use a drug to treat my congested nose. I just need to advertise that to everyone far and near, it will make me cool.

Why not pick some other arbitrary herbaceous plant out of book on biology and stick it on a shirt?

Do they have a shirt for Mimosa? That would be cool... but I would need a Caapi hat to go with it.