• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Flower Weed causes swollen face/mouth

floodlight

Greenlighter
BEFORE I START, IT IS NOT A DENTAL ISSUE SUCH AS GINGIVITIS, ABSCESS,ETC. i’ve visited two dentists and had both of them tell me my mouth is amazingly healthy for a smoker (no cavities, gum disease, broken teeth, sores) Also, I do not have mucus that runs a lot (not sure if thats required for a sinus issue)

Does anyone have experience with weed making your mouth swell? I try to keep down as much water as i can and eat normally. I also take a mile walk each morning and exercise often. I have been having issues lately where weed starts to make my left cheek/jaw and below the lips/chin swell frequently. This issue occured occasionally at the beginning of the year. I thought for months it was a dental issue and was told that I was worrying about nothing by the dentists and all of my family/friends. The swelling embarrasses me so much that I‘ve temporarily stopped attending school. It also makes me reclusive, hiding from family and friends.

Im not sure if it has something to do with my bad posture, also. I seem to notice it more when high and i also apparently slouch more. I can feel the feeling all throughout my mouth and head. If anyone has experiences or suggestions, feel free to share. Thanks for reading.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I am prescribed sertaline (zoloft), buspirone, Bupropion (wellbutrin), and finasteride

I was having HIVE reactions to smoking. - on my mouth, FACE and chest. These would go away anywhere between 30 mins to several hours.

Or - it was making my eyes swell.

For months. I tried to think it was anything else because weed is all I have.

Dispensary weed doesn’t do it to me. Just the stuff I was getting on the street. I experimented with routes of administration and sources before drawing conclusions that it was the weed.

But - seemed/seems to be. However - maybe it isn’t 👀 🤷🏻‍♀️

BEFORE I START, IT IS NOT A DENTAL ISSUE SUCH AS GINGIVITIS, ABSCESS,ETC. i’ve visited two dentists and had both of them tell me my mouth is amazingly healthy for a smoker (no cavities, gum disease, broken teeth, sores) Also, I do not have mucus that runs a lot (not sure if thats required for a sinus issue)

Does anyone have experience with weed making your mouth swell? I try to keep down as much water as i can and eat normally. I also take a mile walk each morning and exercise often. I have been having issues lately where weed starts to make my left cheek/jaw and below the lips/chin swell frequently. This issue occured occasionally at the beginning of the year. I thought for months it was a dental issue and was told that I was worrying about nothing by the dentists and all of my family/friends. The swelling embarrasses me so much that I‘ve temporarily stopped attending school. It also makes me reclusive, hiding from family and friends.

Im not sure if it has something to do with my bad posture, also. I seem to notice it more when high and i also apparently slouch more. I can feel the feeling all throughout my mouth and head. If anyone has experiences or suggestions, feel free to share. Thanks for reading.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I am prescribed sertaline (zoloft), buspirone, Bupropion (wellbutrin), and finasteride
Could maybe be some kind of immune system reaction. Did you start smoking weed or have you been smoking for years?

We have this certain topic about my personal cannabis allergy, this is good topic also and shall further exist definitely but I guess you would benefit of reading that too, just a minute.

Could maybe be some kind of immune system reaction. Did you start smoking weed or have you been smoking for years?
I have been an on/off (mostly on) smoker since 2018. I’ve had my health checked out as well but i may get tests done to see if i possibly have something.

Next time try taking antihistamines beforehand to see if it's some kind of allergic reaction.

Does it only happens when you smoke it?What about edibles?

IMO it doesn't seem like something that should be taken lightly, if it's happening so often (especially if it's not some kind of allergic reaction to the smoke).

I'm not a medical professional, but facial swelling like that - especially around the mouth or eyes - is very typical of an allergic reaction. Do you also get tingling in your mouth or airways?

If it is an allergy, it's probably not the actual drug itself. I'm 100% fine with cannabis/weed/whatever-you-wanna-call-it, but synthetic cannabinoids give me literally grand mal seizures. I've had a few times with regular weed where I have had fairly severe myoclonic seizures* from it and I known it's been from adulterants or some shit it was sprayed with.

*if you don't know, myoclonus (or myoclonic seizures) don't involve collapsing or loss of consciousness, but uncontrollable twitching and jerking or large groups of muscles. In my case, it can be my whole body, which is weird to see as I look like I'm having a grand mal seizure but while standing up.

We have this certain topic about my personal cannabis allergy, this is good topic also and shall further exist definitely but I guess you would benefit of reading that too, just a minute.

I took a look, very interesting read and i may use it as something im taking notes on for my next doctor’s visit.

Next time try taking antihistamines beforehand to see if it's some kind of allergic reaction.

Does it only happens when you smoke it?What about edibles?

IMO it doesn't seem like something that should be taken lightly, if it's happening so often (especially if it's not some kind of allergic reaction to the smoke).
I haven't tried an edible at all. I haven’t had any other weed expect flower. I do have concentrate on hand but have been very skeptical on using it lol

I was having HIVE reactions to smoking. - on my mouth, FACE and chest. These would go away anywhere between 30 mins to several hours.

Or - it was making my eyes swell.

For months. I tried to think it was anything else because weed is all I have.

Dispensary weed doesn’t do it to me. Just the stuff I was getting on the street. I experimented with routes of administration and sources before drawing conclusions that it was the weed.

But - seemed/seems to be. However - maybe it isn’t 👀 🤷🏻‍♀️

This is also almost definitely an allergic reaction and almost certainly to adulterants in the street weed.

I'm not a medical professional, but facial swelling like that - especially around the mouth or eyes - is very typical of an allergic reaction. Do you also get tingling in your mouth or airways?

If it is an allergy, it's probably not the actual drug itself. I'm 100% fine with cannabis/weed/whatever-you-wanna-call-it, but synthetic cannabinoids give me literally grand mal seizures. I've had a few times with regular weed where I have had fairly severe myoclonic seizures* from it and I known it's been from adulterants or some shit it was sprayed with.

*if you don't know, myoclonus (or myoclonic seizures) don't involve collapsing or loss of consciousness, but uncontrollable twitching and jerking or large groups of muscles. In my case, it can be my whole body, which is weird to see as I look like I'm having a grand mal seizure but while standing up.
I do get a strange feeling in the face and throat but not as if my airways are closing, i don’t think. I’m not sure, I may be trying to convince myself that my throat isn’t closing so I can smoke more. I’m hoping to god the weed that i’ve been buying hasn’t been synthetic. Going to try the antihistamine route suggested above first then try a concentrate to narrow things down within the next 10 hours. I will update accordingly.

I do get a strange feeling in the face and throat but not as if my airways are closing, i don’t think. I’m not sure, I may be trying to convince myself that my throat isn’t closing so I can smoke more. I’m hoping to god the weed that i’ve been buying hasn’t been synthetic. Going to try the antihistamine route suggested above first then try a concentrate to narrow things down within the next 10 hours. I will update accordingly.

Your airways actually closing (or restricting) would be more of an anaphylaxis thing. In less serious reactions, you get more of a tingling, or tickling feeling in those areas.
Antihistamines are a good idea, though. If you went to the hospital with the symptoms you just described, they'd likely give you antihistamines.

So, just smoked with a freshly cleaned bong and pieces. smoked clean concentrate from a legal source, Los Angeles dispensary wax. I have the swollen mouth/ next to bottom lips and cheeks /chin, really weird head feeling and neck feels weird.
May be an allergy, i’m guessing?

Yeah dude, sounds like some kind of allergic reaction. Have you ever had anything like that from other things like cigarettes or other drugs that are smoked?

Yeah dude, sounds like some kind of allergic reaction. Have you ever had anything like that from other things like cigarettes or other drugs that are smoked?
Yeah, I believe it may be. I vape constantly and nothing comes from that. Took half a benadryl and everything feels back to normal. Forgot to mention i took a dab hit, which produced no effects at first. Waited 10 minutes then followed with a hit of flower, which quickly brought on effects. I was really high and dazed and forgot all about the last part, sorry.

Started smoking cannabis refularly in 2019. Six months ago side of lower face near nose, jaw , become puffy , left side. Not sure if related.

Update: Woke up this morning, popped a quarter of a benadryl. I waited 20 mins and took a fat ass dab, no swelling or throat tingling whatsoever. Thank you to everyone who replied, loved the different perspectives. A lot of my friends have been denying it and saying it’s psychosomatic so this really helped my anxiety. I hope this thread helps anyone going thru the same thing. The lesson here being don’t ignore symptoms just because it’s weed/any drug. I’m grateful to have learned the easy way.

Update: Woke up this morning, popped a quarter of a benadryl. I waited 20 mins and took a fat ass dab, no swelling or throat tingling whatsoever. Thank you to everyone who replied, loved the different perspectives. A lot of my friends have been denying it and saying it’s psychosomatic so this really helped my anxiety. I hope this thread helps anyone going thru the same thing. The lesson here being don’t ignore symptoms just because it’s weed/any drug. I’m grateful to have learned the easy way.
So for yourself weed cause the puffiness?