• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Weed bad for acne?

Maybe something to keep tabs on...

Greasy/oily food in the mouth or brushed onto skin could be one factor to watch...another big player could be stress which can cause you to sweat making your skin more prone to acne.

There's a fair chance that it's just a normal bodily reaction to things such as puberty or oils.

Re: Maybe something to keep tabs on...

Scatteredasfuck said:
another big player could be stress which can cause you to sweat making your skin more prone to acne.

That's just not true dude. Sweating doesn't cause spots.

BuckAtl said:
Weed does cause hormone fluctuations doesnt it? It increases estrogen and lowers testosterone. Thats what I thought. That would increase acne as hormone fluctuations do.

that would decrese acne as higher testosterone levels mean more acne, not less you nitwit

since i started smoking weed ive had less acne. i think it does something to my hormones or something, cuz i barely ever get pimples anymore. praise tha weed!!

Raas, you could be right, but from what I've seen stress does seem to have an effect on acne and with stress sometimes comes sweating that's all I was getting at. Skin cells can clog pores. Sebum and bacteria can get trapped in the pores, causing swelling and redness known as a pimple(acne). Glands in the skin and hair make sebum. Sebum is a natural oil.

Stress does not cause acne. But, after a person has acne, stress can make it worse.

Sure I could find a better site but the quote below was taken from:
http://www.m2w3.com/acne/facts_fiction.html#6
Up to 15 % of sufferers find their acne flares up when they have been sweating a lot. This is probably due to water swelling the partial hair duct obstruction causing a complete blockage and therefore inflammation.

Yo i just remember that smoking weed can cause acne indirectly. The mouthpiece of a bong collects resine and other people's skin oils which rub off around ur mouths and sometimes develop into acne.... I remember this happened to me sometimes (not often) when I smoked. One of the reasons I started to keep my old bong klean.

Scatteredasfuck said:
Raas, you could be right, but from what I've seen stress does seem to have an effect on acne and with stress sometimes comes sweating that's all I was getting at. Skin cells can clog pores. Sebum and bacteria can get trapped in the pores, causing swelling and redness known as a pimple(acne). Glands in the skin and hair make sebum. Sebum is a natural oil.

Stress does not cause acne. But, after a person has acne, stress can make it worse.

Sure I could find a better site but the quote below was taken from:
http://www.m2w3.com/acne/facts_fiction.html#6

Yeah, stress has a great link to spots... but the sweat from stress isn't it.

Sweating helps prevent spots - opening and cleaning the skin pores is very good for your face.

I actually found that as I progressed to smoking weed on a regular basis my skin actually cleared up. I always wondered if there was a connection with weed or not(whish someone did a study on this), but I also drink large amounts of water (1-3 liters a day) and I know for a fact this helps your skin. Oh and dont put your hands on your face either, thats an important thing to pay attention too.

Low evaporation of sweat does irritate the acne condition as it encourages bacteria...if the sweat drys quickly then yes it is good for your acne. Seems like a double sided one to me, depending on the situation it may also be a factor.

I always
thought a sauna followed by an icecold shower would be good for your face. I wish I had a sauna with a cold shower, that would be the best, smoking up in my sauna, getting high as a kite.

Possibly staying inside too much. Lack of sunlight can lead to acne. I think???

Weed lowers testosterone? Really? Is this just an urban legend or an actual proven fact? And if so, how much would ones testosterone levels drop smoking on a daily basis?