• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(weed / 2 hits, gabs / 3000 mg?, oxy / 10 mg, cigs / 10?) experienced - whiting out?

aftertheflood

Greenlighter
Something strange happened to me the other day. My friend said it's called "whiting out." I don't know if that is a real term. I will recount the experience asbestos I can:

I believe I smoked weed earlier in the day. I don't remember, and I generally don't smoke a lot but I was hanging out with friends that do. I was taking gabapentin throughout the day. I take 300 mg every 20-30 minutes in the morning, and it seems to pretty much last all day that way. I had somewhat of a tolerance from taking a lot of it in the past week and probably took between 3000-4200 mg. I don't remember exactly. I am also a smoker, and smoke a half to a full pack a day when I have the means.

Around 2, I procured a 10 mg oxycodone pill. I waited until my friend got off work at 8 to take it. After he got off, we went to his house. He took 15 mg orally at 8, and since I was snorting mine, I waited about an hour in hopes that we would peak around the same time. My friend and I have used opioids recreationally in the past, overall pretty moderately, but we've both had our binges. I have used hydrocodone, dilaudid, heroin, and oxy before, but at the time I hadn't used any opioids in about a year, so I had no tolerance.

Around 9, I insufflated the 10 mg of oxycodone I had. I would estimate about half an hour in, I probably felt the best I had ever felt in my entire life. As far back as I can remember at least. Time will tell if this is a good or a bad thing. This is a description of buprenorphine by Morphitron on Erowid, but it perfectly describes how I felt on oxy: "It's almost like a warm soft blanket has been draped over me and my entire world, softening the 'edge' off of everything; both physically and psychologically."

My two friends and I agreed to go for a walk on some train tracks out in the woods. After a short while, we stopped to smoke a bowl. This is where shit hit the fan. I usually don't mix weed with other drugs. I think it has its place, but I feel that it takes away from the mental clarity that can be experienced on psychedelics, amphetamines, opioids, etc. But my friend insisted that the weed will make the oxy 10 times better, so eventually I caved and took a hit. A minute later, I lit up a cigarette, and before long everything in my visual field had turned into odd repeating symbols, a weird sort of visual hallucination. It is hard to describe. It's like if you ever stood up too fast and got lightheaded and for a second couldn't see. I don't know if anyone else gets that. But it blocked my vision in such an obnoxious way. I was incapacitated. Dizzily I sat down on the train tracks for a good half hour of absolute misery. If I lifted my head up, I would get too dizzy, so I had to hang it down as far as possible. Complete nod. This is what my friend calls "whiting out."

Eventually, my two friends helped walk me back, as I had to hang my head down the whole way. We had to stop one more time for me to retrieve my sanity, and then we made it back to the house. I felt like I needed to eat, so I tried eating some leftover ribs my friend had, and I promptly threw them up. I felt better in a little bit; I was even able to smoke a cigarette. But I was left feeling like I had missed out on the rest of that perfect oxy experience.

Does anyone know what this phenomenon is called or why this would happen?

Last edited:
Bumping this because I edited the question at the end and am wondering if anyone at least knows what this is called so I can read more about it.