• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

We were wrong, most substances do actually destroy most of us. Warn the newbs/curious young people to stay away from this scene. Skip alcohol,raves

Blinded by the light, wrapped up like a douche in the middle of the night!
Blinded by the light, Rev'd up like a deuce, another runner in the night

001-deuce-coupes-02.jpg

A "Duece" Ford

fixed that for ya...

Big picture, I think that the situation is…pretty decent in the USA, regarding the drug issue. The sudden, out-of-nowhere social acceptance of psychedelic hallucinogens in some parts of the country has been wild to me. Stimulants widely available, despite recent adderall shortages…good recent developments regarding ketamine, MDMA…really one of the only missing pieces at this point are opioids, sadly, but even there you can get a couple alternatives if you’re looking for a recreational effect or to help treat low-intensity pain, and I’m optimistic that there will be another look at the issue when enough time has passed since the original “opioid epidemic” started, and a more full realization of the negative effects re: fentanyl and untreated pain

And with cannabis, it’s like a whole other world compared to when I was in high school…even though I lived in a state with a long-time reputation of “tolerance” towards cannabis, if the cops busted you with some there was a high likelihood that you’d be arrested and taken to jail. In other parts of the country, if you wanted some you’d likely have to deal with some real criminals…but now it’s just a normal, accepted part of life and I love that

The tacky, scamming, jump on the bandwagon consumerist shit regarding drugs, the influence of the pharmaceutical industry and cringe like TikTok, yeah it really makes one grimace and roll one’s eyes…but, accessing drugs through a way that is seen as socially acceptable is better than being forced to access them in the underground economy, imo anyway. Better that than the experience of buying some of these substances until very recently. A defense of drug usage (or drug abstinence for that matter) should be prefaced on a endorsement of a person’s status (or aspiration, because we’re all dependent on others to varying degrees) as an autonomous being capable of making conscious decisions regarding their own life, and the societal value of respecting another person’s decisions regarding what happens with their own body/mind etc and respecting them as human beings generally-speaking. Once those are in place people can be educated regarding harm reduction and those who DO end up having problems with drugs and becoming addicted can get the help they need
Not as optimistic about the opiates/opioids. And, speaking as a woman, since when has the government ever considered us “autonomous beings capable of making conscious decisions regarding their own lives?” 🙄

Not as optimistic about the opiates/opioids. And, speaking as a woman, since when has the government ever considered us “autonomous beings capable of making conscious decisions regarding their own lives?” 🙄
For maybe half a single gleaming moment in 1920. Certainly not in 2023.

The American drug scene these days seems constrained by lack of domestic manufacturing outside of pharma and agriculture. Anything that isn't alcohol, weed, mushrooms, or pharmaceuticals is being produced and imported. Maybe LSD is the one place that's different, but we're a sorry lot when it comes to providing any of the interesting things that most of the world is exploring. We buy shitty designer drugs from China, and they're ever so much more toxic. I guess we grow our own mescaline, but if you want synthetic stuff it's probably coming from overseas or south of the border.

We know how to consume though, that's for damned sure. McDonalds and Fentanyl, we got that shit on lock.

When ppl say online they're probably not talking about like just some random website selling carts, more likely a vendor. Nothing makes that any more suspect than buying something like that off of the street, if anything you're better off going the cyber route because typically a vendor will have reviews.

But this is getting too close to sourcing, and you seem to keep bringing it up.
I don't recall bringing it up more than once. I didn't realize there were any reputable vendors given it's the most illegal drug basically. I mainly just find the idea sus. If you're getting it off someone on the streets, at least you can actually see it, smell it, recognize it before you make the purchase is all I'm really getting at. I don't know if what my friend got was actually legit and sadly he commit suicide a few months ago after battling with his mental health going on and off different anti-depressants.

I don't recall bringing it up more than once. I didn't realize there were any reputable vendors given it's the most illegal drug basically. I mainly just find the idea sus. If you're getting it off someone on the streets, at least you can actually see it, smell it, recognize it before you make the purchase is all I'm really getting at. I don't know if what my friend got was actually legit and sadly he commit suicide a few months ago after battling with his mental health going on and off different anti-depressants.
No worries mate. Really sorry to hear about your friend, mental illness has taken some of the best of us.

Blinded by the light, Rev'd up like a deuce, another runner in the night

001-deuce-coupes-02.jpg

A "Duece" Ford

fixed that for ya...
I mean, yeah that’s what he tried to sing. But he had a speech impediment and he clearly pronounced it duesche in the song, so that’s all anyone will remember, lol.

The author became interested in all things related to chemistry after experimenting with psychedelics, but is critical of the profit motives driving scientific research and psychiatry. They question the effectiveness of psychiatric medication and therapy and argue that the industry cares more about money than people. The author is skeptical of the use of stimulants for ADHD and highlights the risks associated with their long-term use. They suggest finding someone who has done the work of finding the good stuff from the bad and has written a book about it to guide those interested in exploring similar paths.

taking a break or a trip from the everyday routine can be very therapeutic, and for me, it works well because i also live a pretty healthy lifestyle overall - i eat good, i excerise - im not depressed and im not looking for answers from what i do

i personally don't really like K too much either - i actually have some that ive been sitting on for a while now - but some ppl swear it works for them and who am i to argue?

it's whatever you're into - and i don't regret anything that i've done because ive never got myself into a mess with the wrong drugs and ended up addicted and in a bad place

So me personally, I'm thankful for all my experiences and the people I've come across and times we can reflect on that were great... and i wouldn't have it any other way

No worries mate. Really sorry to hear about your friend, mental illness has taken some of the best of us.
Thanks. Yeah it sucks, he was on Celexa for awhile, went off of it because he wanted to be able to trip more, then I think he went back on the Celexa or something else... he never seemed suicidal to me, I mean he vented a good amount but of the two of us I seemed to be in a lot more trouble. If I had to guess, either the Celexa or something else he tried put him in a bad place. The closest I came to suicide was on Effexor, this shit is straight up dangerous.

I think it's associated with the most suicides but... with a 6 hour half-life it doesn't stay steady easily and the withdrawals are easily the worst out of any anti-depressant. He was never able to hold the DMT in and found it too harsh, I can't say the same thing which is why I wonder if what he got was legit. Either way he never seemed able to get a trip out of it, and I can only wonder if he did start to get some, if he'd still be here. I think, also being suicidal, DMT helps keep me elevated in a certain way.

But yeah.. RIP Justin, I didn't know him in person, just for the past decade online

Thanks. Yeah it sucks, he was on Celexa for awhile, went off of it because he wanted to be able to trip more, then I think he went back on the Celexa or something else... he never seemed suicidal to me, I mean he vented a good amount but of the two of us I seemed to be in a lot more trouble. If I had to guess, either the Celexa or something else he tried put him in a bad place. The closest I came to suicide was on Effexor, this shit is straight up dangerous.

I think it's associated with the most suicides but... with a 6 hour half-life it doesn't stay steady easily and the withdrawals are easily the worst out of any anti-depressant. He was never able to hold the DMT in and found it too harsh, I can't say the same thing which is why I wonder if what he got was legit. Either way he never seemed able to get a trip out of it, and I can only wonder if he did start to get some, if he'd still be here. I think, also being suicidal, DMT helps keep me elevated in a certain way.

But yeah.. RIP Justin, I didn't know him in person, just for the past decade online
RIP Justin. Feel free to make a dedication in the shrine for your friend if you so desire.

I have been on and off meds of one form or another for about 12 years. I was in a bad funk for a while there on effexor and abilify. I decided to jump off completely a few weeks ago. I had to taper using Zoloft due to its short half life. But yeah, the first few days were rough, that's why people should always be careful when switching meds or cutting them out. They can leave your serotonin levels all out of sorts and this can lead to some pretty shitty results and serious depression.

But it does get better with time.

There's variations of it, but ye same msg.
The dose makes the poison" (Latin: dosis sola facit venenum 'only the dose makes the poison') is an adage intended to indicate a basic principle of toxicology. It is credited to Paracelsus who expressed the classic toxicology maxim "All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; the dosage alone makes it so a thing is not a poison." This is often condensed to: "The dose makes the poison" or in Latin, "Sola dosis facit venenum". It means that a substance can produce the harmful effect associated with its toxic properties only if it reaches a susceptible biological system within the body in a high enough concentration (i.e., dose).

The dose makes the poison" (Latin: dosis sola facit venenum 'only the dose makes the poison') is an adage intended to indicate a basic principle of toxicology. It is credited to Paracelsus who expressed the classic toxicology maxim "All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; the dosage alone makes it so a thing is not a poison." This is often condensed to: "The dose makes the poison" or in Latin, "Sola dosis facit venenum". It means that a substance can produce the harmful effect associated with its toxic properties only if it reaches a susceptible biological system within the body in a high enough concentration (i.e., dose).
See, I was closer than u. Haha, regardless it's the same msg.