• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

We are ALL God.

Funny that we have more than one religion which tells that all non-believers will go to hell (or similar), and they believe in the same god - only one can be correct.
In the words of Richard Dawkins "It's so convenient that wherever you are born the local dominate religion is the one true religion that is always right".

I think all major religions are basically the same, interpreted different ways and in the end serve the same goal but have all been massively misguided and corrupted over the years.

God is God. I don't need a book to tell me that.

Nor do I need a book to tell me to be good to other people. It's human nature and why we exist as a species today.

If we were all inherently evil we wouldn't be here on this planet today.

Religion literally is the opiate of the masses... It's hard to think of a better more accurate quote

Why come into a thread discussing God just to tell everyone it doesn't exist? I don't understand this behavior just like I don't understand hardcore Christians telling everyone they're going to go to hell if they don't convert. Nothing you say is going to convince me that I didn't meet God. Who cares if someone believes or disbelieves? Modern atheists are just as bad as Christians with their dogma.
Maybe that's just their understanding of god? I wouldn't worry much about it.

I myself have felt the oneness, I could even say, "I've seen god"

Sometimes I still question... experience.

Yes, God is everything. All matter and energy is infinitely connected. But you can't stop there or you negate the human level experience.

God is also you, a mind-body, looking at itself, through itself. In other words you are God holding a mirror up to itself, through your unique human level experience, which you resonate as, and not something else.

Definition....
If we are god we are the devil.
Cannot be one without the other.
Thanks and have a great day, peep.
Commence to create and destroy at will.

The only thing I need to know is God is in Heaven and I'm not. As for whether God intervenes in human affairs, I'd say that doesn't happen very often.

Why come into a thread discussing God just to tell everyone it doesn't exist? I don't understand this behavior just like I don't understand hardcore Christians telling everyone they're going to go to hell if they don't convert. Nothing you say is going to convince me that I didn't meet God. Who cares if someone believes or disbelieves? Modern atheists are just as bad as Christians with their dogma.

Occam's Razor. Simplest explanation is the one to go with 99% of the time. Whats more likely, you tripped on a drug that made you hallucinate a vision of some subconscious god archetype, or you actually met god?

I'm pretty sure we're actually human.
Only on one level of analysis. You're also a small bunch of particles connected to a big bunch of particles. And really, there's not a clear distinction between the small bunch and the big bunch. You are connected to the whole, not separated from it.

You DIDN'T meet god, though. You were tripping on a drug that causes hallucinations and delusions and messes with your mind.
Do you perceive objective reality when you're sober?

There is no god. You may as well say you met the Easter Bunny.
And no, you can't "meet god" through meditation; you just put yourself into a trace state (or fugue). It's all in the mind.
But hey, if you think we've met god and that makes you happy, good for you. If I were in your position I'd ignore the likes of me too lol
Aren't all your experiences in your mind?

Only on one level of analysis. You're also a small bunch of particles connected to a big bunch of particles. And really, there's not a clear distinction between the small bunch and the big bunch. You are connected to the whole, not separated from it.

Do you perceive objective reality when you're sober?

Point 1 : We are still Homo Sapiens whether we are made of particles or not. We evolved from Bonobos, we are Primates. Mountains of evidence supporting that, unlike a spiritual deity.
Point 2: Yes, we do perceive objective reality when sober. People with altered mental states might view things differently, but there are objective rules to this reality, whether you feel it's subjective or not, if you fall off a giant cliff you will die.
Point 3: Yes.

I'm not gonna go as far as ChemicallyEnhanced and say "there is no god" because no one could possibly know that, but I'm not sure what you're trying to prove with this line of questioning.

Occam's Razor. Simplest explanation is the one to go with 99% of the time
Occam is only correct in the absence of reasoning. As soon as you involve motivation Occam's theory falls apart.

You're also a small bunch of particles connected to a big bunch of particles
And yet we are made of the same particles as stars. Are we stars? No. The difference is we are self-aware and aware that our actions have consequences, unlike stars (can't speak for everyone of course)

It goes beyond experience. Our "reality" exists in our own minds. We all live in differing realities.

"God created man, and man returning the favor, created God." to misquote Mark Twain.

Occam is only correct in the absence of reasoning. As soon as you involve motivation Occam's theory falls apart.

And yet we are made of the same particles as stars. Are we stars? No. The difference is we are self-aware and aware that our actions have consequences, unlike stars (can't speak for everyone of course)

It goes beyond experience. Our "reality" exists in our own minds. We all live in differing realities.

"God created man, and man returning the favor, created God." to misquote Mark Twain.

My usage of the term was correct. I was replying to someone claiming they met god tripping on psychedelics. That definitely shows a lack of logical reasoning.

My usage of the term was correct. I was replying to someone claiming they met god tripping on psychedelics. That definitely shows a lack of logical reasoning.
Not arguing your usage is/was correct. God is a perception (we all see "God" differently), whether through mediation, fasting or use of psychedelics. They cannot prove they did see "God", you cannot prove they didn't. What's the point in arguing about it?

Not arguing your usage is/was correct. God is a perception (we all see "God" differently), whether through mediation, fasting or use of psychedelics. They cannot prove they did see "God", you cannot prove they didn't. What's the point in arguing about it?

Instead of the word "God" why not just say we are all one "universal consciousness"? The term God refers to a spritual creator of the universe. It's annoying when people try to redefine "God" in cringy new-age terms. If you can't handle someone attacking your argument, then don't present it like someone needs to prove you wrong.
I believe Adolph Hitler is this cup of Earl Grey tea im sipping, this tea is delicious, therefore Adolph Hitler = Good.

Last edited:
If you can't handle someone attacking your argument
Wasn't aware I was being attacked or that my previous statement implied I was looking to be proved wrong, thus understood that I don't feel attacked. Besides which, what's the point of an attack? I fully agree that the term "God" is overused and that 'universal consciousness' is more applicable. We are all part of a universal consciousness as sentient beings and that these meatsacks that our consciousness currently inhabit have a shelf life . May the force be with you.