• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

we all know the bad, but is there anything GOOD about bein a dope addict?

You really get to see how strong willed you are, it also shows you how much self control you have... Some people touch the stuff and they loose all self control and morph into a drug fiend that will do anything to get that next fix, while some others have a stronger control on their use of said drug... You either use the drug or it uses you.... Best way i can put it, hope it makes sense

Last edited:
Any instances where someone benefited from opiate use...?

Just to maintain full disclosure I have not done heroin for very long, nor have I gone for long periods of time maintaining a habit due to the paranoia of full-blown, deep addiction. I do not have the money to fund a habit, and the thought of a prolonged, worsening tolerance is a bit too much for me to handle.

But I have to wonder -- does anyone know of any instances in which someone benefited from opium use rather than being destroyed by it?

I am a very anxious person. When I do H, the obvious symptoms like a sense of well-being comes over me. For the past few weeks I have been snorting every night, essentially redosing every few hours and pulling all-nighters. However, within this period I have maintained both my jobs (nannying, retail), as well as working on freelance art, and I feel like whenever I came home, dosed, and got to work I was more productive and enthused than I ever have been. I made revisions within hours of getting an e-mail that likely would have taken me a lot longer otherwise. My girlfriend and I received a bad batch that was essentially ground-up benadryl, and withdrawal hit fucking HARD -- I was incapacitated for a day physically and now I'm suffering through withdrawal depression while I taper down with a decent cut -- I'm only dosing once a night, and going down by two lines every evening until I can stay clean for a bit and go back without being so bingey about it.

I know it is likely a self-perpetuating spiral (and likely very, very dangerous logic), but when I'm on heroin I stop worrying and toiling and become productive and motivated. My self-consciousness affects my relationship (when I am on heroin I can actually have sex and not be so concerned with myself/my body issues/my confidence), as well as inhibits my ability to take chances with what I am hoping can be a successful art career (I'm the typical art school graduate -- got a degree, and I'm doing whatever I can right now to pay my loans). I am too terrified to take chances otherwise.

This is likely a jumbled mess -- as mentioned, I'm going through the withdrawal blues so I'm not necessarily thinking linearly. I just thought I'd ask and see if anyone on here knew of anyone maintaining a steady habit that was likened to taking anti-depressants or something, that actually helped rather than harmed. I feel that if I come back after this taper and am strict with myself something like this would help me greatly, if previous instances have existed without spiraling out of control.

I appreciate any feedback or help. I'm pretty naive when it comes to all of this so I appreciate the advice anyone could offer.

Last edited:
You realise what people are REALLY LIKE. JUnkies can tell better if summit isnt as good as.

Kills pains and a horrid world. Living in the sewer is ok on smack.

Da rush, wen yo feel it, it's good mang.

You realise what people are REALLY LIKE. JUnkies can tell better if summit isnt as good as.

Kills pains and a horrid world. Living in the sewer is ok on smack.

Da rush, wen yo feel it, it's good mang.
Oh yeah, I agree with you. Being a former heroin user, I felt I can sense some darkness within some people. Something that I didn't like about a certain person. Something that made a person truly superficial or fake. Unless you mean a different definition. :-\

Im not at all proud of my 7 month dope habit years ago because I threw away from friendships I had since elementary, got involved with the wrong people, (insert cliches here), but on the other hand Im somewhat glad I have that experience behind me so I know what not to do in the future. Granted I will do Heroin if it shows itself to me, but Im not going to give in to it like I did before. I know in 7 months my habit didnt manifest itself into me being completely broke, in debt, living on the streets, etc., it just gave me a crazy perspective into the dope life and how fucked up it can get. It gives me a great sense of personal strength and keeps me going because I think to myself "Hey, it could be worse. You could be living on the streets, selling yourself on a corner just to score one shot of dope." Its also allowed me to connect to people with substance addictions on a personal level because Ive been there, granted its a life full of horrors and I only got a small taste of it, but I can empathize with them because I know how difficult it is.

I've been chipping consistently (is that an oxymoron?) for about four years, week-end warrior type stuff. I IV'ed the first time, so there was no sniffing "honeymoon" period - I went straight for the kill since I had been banging MS-Contin that I am prescribed for my back problems (that's a story for another thread), and can ALWAYS trade a grey 100 for two bags of east-coast tan. The first time was (insert marvelous-feeling cliche), but I can say the 1 positive thing about dope is EXTENDED and BETTER pain relief. My connection has been consistent and I've never really had to do things I regret to get it; just trade pills I'm prescribed. I don't even take those everyday, just when I want a quick high and don't have any cannabis, so I've been able to stockpile a ton of my grey 100s - useful for trading and a for a quick buck here and there. With my prescription, they only cost me $.50 apiece and I can turn that into better, far more recreational pain relief.

I know H and morphine are pretty much the same, but the rush and melting feeling of good, vinegar smelling tan powder makes my toes tingle in a way the MSC's can't. I can't really take opi's during the week - even though I'm prescribed them - because I can control my pain with cannabis VERY effectively. I'm a rigger, so I'm up in the air on radio and TV transmission towers 4 days a week. I guess in reading this thread, I can tell I'm lucky that I haven't gotten to the point where I'm physically addicted to my pills or dope. I think staying busy with a job has helped me in not becoming an addict. I can't tell what would happen if I had a long period of no money with all these pills stashed because I would pre-occupy myself with them if I couldn't get cannabis.

Sorry, my mind is wandering - the ONE thing I can say that is positive about dope is that if you're in pain, mental or physical, you can escape from that REAL quick.

Yea it makes everybody productive and feel good in the beginning. I used to work retail also and would smoke before work and it made stocking shelves so much more fun.

Dont let this fool you. You will get caught up eventually and instead of going to work youll be out hunting for dope and/or money to buy dope. Dope is very decieving in thw beginning making you think it improves your life then it grabs hold of you. Just be carefule you usually dont notice youre spiraling downwards until youre already at rock bottom.