• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

ways to combat withdrawal fatigue?

That's what we're all about here ;)

Seriously though, this subforum did help me quite a bit when I decided that I wanted to cut back on my drug usage. I didn't receive really any help in real life...all I had locally were fellow users (who had no desire to quit) and people who believed fervently in the mantra of AA/NA, which I don't really subscribe to. BL was the only place that really helped with my attempted sobriety.

jammin: good to hear that your sleep, cognition, energy etc. is slowly getting better. I'm sure it'll be back to normal before long.

In my experience they don't give you anything. Hell, the "coffee" we had didn't even have caffine, nor was it actually brewed, it was some liquid dark brown extract that tasted like coffee but actually wasn't. You had to be there for a while to gain access to real coffee. The best you can do is ask for vitamins.

Jesus vitamins don't do anything, never have for in terms of energy..if im expected to go to meetings while feeling post methadone withdrawal fatigue then it won't work as I don't have every or capacity to care..no wonder why people get out and don't stay

Hahaha, "you had to be there fore a while to gain access to real coffee".

Had to put in time before you got the good shit ;)

at the meetings ive been to, addicts smoke and drinks coffee by the pot...i found out for me, coffee/caffeine makes me feel worse..more anxious, agitated and despite its 30 minute boost at the beginning, when you crash you feel tired twice as long..yet if i was in rehab with no other options id probably have to resport to caffeine to make me feel halfway alert..

i wonder why they dont give out welbutrin in rehab?i dont understand the logic tbh

at the meetings ive been to, addicts smoke and drinks coffee by the pot...i found out for me, coffee/caffeine makes me feel worse..more anxious, agitated and despite its 30 minute boost at the beginning, when you crash you feel tired twice as long..yet if i was in rehab with no other options id probably have to resport to caffeine to make me feel halfway alert..

i wonder why they dont give out welbutrin in rehab?i dont understand the logic tbh

psychiatric medicine can be a hit or miss for a lot of people.

I find caffeine works best in small amounts sporadically as needed, not regularly/every day, which unfortunately is what a lot of people do.

Small amounts of DXM ( >100mg) and caffeine and nicotine from a vape are my go to these days. Once I go on the three month long silent retreat I will not be able to vape, so that will be very cool. I'm actually looking forward to embracing, welcoming the pain that will come with nic withdrawal. Luckily I'll still have my coffee :D