• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Water Intoxication (Suicide attempt during incarceration) - New Experience

100 cups of water within 30 minutes??? Continued by 20 cups every five minutes???
So 20 liters of water within half an hour??? (a cup is 0.2 liters) Continued by 4 liters every 5 minutes???
Do you believe that yourself???

A friend of mine died after drinking 4.5 liters of ice tea within a short period of time. They never knew if it was an accident or a suicide.
He was found dead in his bedroom by his parents with 3 three empty 1.5 litre bottles of ice tea. He was depressed during that time.

Sorry to hear about that. I don't know if many people here are religious, but you are in my prayers, i hope you're life gets better from that horrible experience. When my moms GAD was not yet diagnosed, she would dump buckets of ice cold water on me to wake me up almost every morning, i'm sure its not as bad as getting hosed down, pepper sprayed, or spending 6 months in jail but that reminded me of those horrible mornings, waking up to a mad woman screaming and dumping cold water on me. Wish you all the best.

My mom did something similar. She had GAD and OCD. She would put a mirror under our noses before while my brother and I were sleeping to check if we were breathing, among other rituals to see if we were alive. If she wasn't satisfied with what she saw she would shake us awake. She isolated me thinking she was saving me from being molested or raped. No using public bathrooms or anything of the sort. Anxiety and OCD can really wreak havoc on a person, living in constant fear and frustration and requiring things to happen in certain ways or just being incredibly disturbed by the unknown he feeling that they have lost control. I suffer from many of the same things so I can definitely empathize.

I misread your post. I thought you were saying you'd never heard of people dying in the way described in the op.

Btw leah betts was a young, middle class girl and daughter of a police man who died after drinking 12 pints of water, but it was wrongly labelled in the press as being caused by an ecstasy tablet she had taken and led to a "moral panic" in the uk in the early 90's.

oh snap. yeah it was too much water, she went overboard