• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox Wanted to let pple know about NAD IV treatment

blockbusterparty

Bluelighter
Hi all,

several years ago, I underwent NAD IV treatment at a place that I think went under due to Covid. Very sad as they were just starting out and were wonderful people.

NAD IV is different than the stuff you can buy online, nasal sprays, etc, and also comes in forms that are for certain types of addiction. Plus, they gave me a Meyers-cocktail each morning to make my body more open to the effects of NAD, prescribed some medications to help with withdrawal, provided massage therapy and talking therapy, and I even had my own room to watch tv and just sleep.
But all
Places are different of course.
I’m sharing this because I went off subutex, clonazepam, Effexor and Vibryd overnight!!!! I know, I know. They advised me to just stop everything. And I felt few withdrawal symptoms and ended up feeling incredible towards the end!!!!

undortunately, I did have to go back on my antidepressants and have relapsed some on drugs since then. But it was the most amazing detox ever!!!

I have tried NaD IV at a local doctors office that specializes in functional medicine generally but it was clear they did not know what they were doing, so I strongly advise a place that does NAD treatment specially for addictions. It’s also really important to have a good recovery system in place afterwards.
I’m posting here because I can still remember how great I felt getting the treatment—I had more hope than in a long time.

there are lists of nad addiction clinics around, if withdrawal is what scares you. I just want people to know about this option.

feel free to ask any questions about NAD etc below.

Niacinamide/B3 (not niacin though) is clinically used as a precursor to NAD. Its much more affordable than buying the expensive nad products. If I recall correctly niacinamide is used in doses of 2-3 grams to increase NAD.

Very interesting, thank you for sharing!

For those who don't know (myself included, I had to google it), NAD stands for nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide which is an enzyme of niacin (vitamin B3) that is naturally present in the body. Additionally, the Myers cocktail consists of magnesium, calcium, vitamin C and B vitamins.

Niacinamide/B3 (not niacin though) is clinically used as a precursor to NAD. Its much more affordable than buying the expensive nad products. If I recall correctly niacinamide is used in doses of 2-3 grams to increase NAD.
I have taken that before though not for H withdrawal, and It didn’t really have the same impact. Though it might work for some people. I know quality matters a lot for supplements.

NAD IV treatment was amazing for my withdrawal. It didn’t help me long term but as far as withdrawal goes, I highly recommend it. Just be sure to go to a clinic where drug detox is their speciality, not any clinic that offers nad IV treatment.

I had NAD IV at a regular functional
Medicine office and they had no idea what they were doing compared to the place that specializes in drug detox.

thigh nad is also great for mood, energy, and long term addiction control. You can buy it in nasal
Spray form but what works for me is the IV treatment which ia too expensive to do long term.

Very interesting, thank you for sharing!

For those who don't know (myself included, I had to google it), NAD stands for nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide which is an enzyme of niacin (vitamin B3) that is naturally present in the body. Additionally, the Myers cocktail consists of magnesium, calcium, vitamin C and B vitamins.
Cool, I'll just keep taking my vitamins.

I’ve never heard of NAD before, anyone able to link me to a good credible page that I could read a little on it’s effects, and what it does to help with your withdrawal symptoms please? I’m planning to switch to suboxone from methadone, stay on it for a few months, and then do a slow taper off of the suboxone since I’ve heard that methadone is much worse then suboxone in terms of withdrawal, and I’m very interested in NAD from what I’ve read in this small bit. I just don’t wanna read any random thing I find from google since it seems like to me there’s a FUCKING SHIT LOAD of misinformation when it comes to stuff like this, and just recovery in general.

I’ve never heard of NAD before, anyone able to link me to a good credible page that I could read a little on it’s effects, and what it does to help with your withdrawal symptoms please? I’m planning to switch to suboxone from methadone, stay on it for a few months, and then do a slow taper off of the suboxone since I’ve heard that methadone is much worse then suboxone in terms of withdrawal, and I’m very interested in NAD from what I’ve read in this small bit. I just don’t wanna read any random thing I find from google since it seems like to me there’s a FUCKING SHIT LOAD of misinformation when it comes to stuff like this, and just recovery in general.
I would also like to see some sort of peer reviewed evidence that this actually does anything. When I was in rehab one of the optional therapies was (basically) a SHIT LOAD of B vitamins because it was supposed to help cleanse your system or something like that. One person did it and she just looked flushed and uncomfortable every morning.