View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Want to try tripping my second time, but am afraid of the after effects

sushiburger

Greenlighter
The first and only time I tried psychedelics, I left having a great experience, however afterwards I started feeling slightly detached and suffered from a temporary DP/DR. Think it was quite scary since I did not know much about psychedelics or the experience and aftermath. I kind of went it to it with a naive look to it. I think if I knew that I might feel a bit altered in my perception and views, I would not be so scared when the after-math came.

Either way, I enjoyed the experience and I was just wondering, if I try it again would I feel the same afterwards? Or is it maybe just a first time shock?
Or maybe it is just not normal at all. I don't know. Not that experienced, so any tips would be helpful. Cheers :)

it's all in your head bro. if you take anything away from psychadelics it is that. if you learn to control that there really isnt much to be phased by, whether it be about drugs or life in general

LSD killed nobody ever. 25I maybe

all depends on what you get and how you react to it

Yea, I know it's a fairly safe drug physically. I am more referring to my mental-health =P

do you provide an asset to society?

if the answer is yes, mental health doesn't mean jack shit. people will put up with you being a bit odd if you are capable of doing something of value

dont over-think things. that's what taking LSD is for

My girlfriend gets DP/DR sometimes when she trips...first time it scared the shit out of both of us, but it only lasted 2-3 days.
She's had it happen to a lesser degree a couple other times, but not after every trip and not even necessarily after a major trip...we just never know.
Try again and if it happens twice in a row you might have a pattern forming, in which case...???...who the fuck knows.
You'll just have to decide if the trip is worth the price.

My girlfriend gets DP/DR sometimes when she trips...first time it scared the shit out of both of us, but it only lasted 2-3 days.
She's had it happen to a lesser degree a couple other times, but not after every trip and not even necessarily after a major trip...we just never know.
Try again and if it happens twice in a row you might have a pattern forming, in which case...???...who the fuck knows.
You'll just have to decide if the trip is worth the price.
This is probably the best response you're going to get. I can't give personal advise because what you describe has never happened to me. That being said, it is hardly an unheard-of side effect of taking psychedelic drugs. Just be safe about it--if you decide to trip again, keep your dose low and make sure you're in a good setting. If it happens again, then maybe you know that psychedelics aren't for you.

Don't be "too alert" for it though. This is a little bit similar to the HPPD thing and the long term mdma comedown thing in that it's absolutely real... But worrying about it/looking for symptoms/getting distressed because of symptoms is only going to make the problem worse. (And on that front, I can confidently say that HPPD goes away about as fast as I can learn to stop thinking about it).

Anyways. As a child I used to get occasional spontaneous dp/dr. Nothing I even really remembered until later in life when I tried dissociatives and noticed the similarities. I really hated it. But it always went away pretty quickly as soon as I could invest my attention in something else and stop worrying about it.

For me that feeling goes away once I get some sleep. Hate the feeling though, I get it worst from acid because it keeps you awake so long.

This is probably the best response you're going to get. I can't give personal advise because what you describe has never happened to me. That being said, it is hardly an unheard-of side effect of taking psychedelic drugs. Just be safe about it--if you decide to trip again, keep your dose low and make sure you're in a good setting. If it happens again, then maybe you know that psychedelics aren't for you.

Don't be "too alert" for it though. This is a little bit similar to the HPPD thing and the long term mdma comedown thing in that it's absolutely real... But worrying about it/looking for symptoms/getting distressed because of symptoms is only going to make the problem worse. (And on that front, I can confidently say that HPPD goes away about as fast as I can learn to stop thinking about it).

Anyways. As a child I used to get occasional spontaneous dp/dr. Nothing I even really remembered until later in life when I tried dissociatives and noticed the similarities. I really hated it. But it always went away pretty quickly as soon as I could invest my attention in something else and stop worrying about it.

Yeah I think the only reason I got out of the DP/DR situation was because I was quite busy with life in general, and the only reason it held on for months was because I kept thinking about it every minute. As I said, my experience was really good on acid, and I did not get DP/DR till about a couple of weeks after. I mean I felt a tiny bit different but I kinda laughed about it, until I realized that it actually was a full blown condition and that is what scared me. People on forums talking about how they've suffered for 14 years and all that jazz.

Phases of DP/DR are a fact of life for people who take psychedelic drugs. As long as you aren't overdoing it on the frequency or dosages (dosing more than once a month, etc.), then it should go away within a few weeks of good dieting, plenty of sleep, etc. Just remind yourself that it's only temporary, and try to take a meditative approach to it: notice the DP/DR, but don't let it become who you are. Just notice what your mind is doing, keep track, and notice what's going on with yourself. Keep a journal, write stuff down. People get DP/DR spontaneously, and I've even heard of it being caused by eating spoiled food. So it's not like some evil drug thing.

Again, this is all assuming you're being reasonable about your psychedelic use. The nightmare chronic conditions that you read about are rare, and, if they are drug induced, usually it's because the person was out of control in dosing and frequency of use. Best of luck.

Phases of DP/DR are a fact of life for people who take psychedelic drugs. As long as you aren't overdoing it on the frequency or dosages (dosing more than once a month, etc.), then it should go away within a few weeks of good dieting, plenty of sleep, etc. Just remind yourself that it's only temporary, and try to take a meditative approach to it: notice the DP/DR, but don't let it become who you are. Just notice what your mind is doing, keep track, and notice what's going on with yourself. Keep a journal, write stuff down. People get DP/DR spontaneously, and I've even heard of it being caused by eating spoiled food. So it's not like some evil drug thing. Again, this is all assuming you're being reasonable about your psychedelic use. The nightmare chronic conditions that you read about are rare, and, if they are drug induced, usually it's because the person was out of control in dosing and frequency of use. Best of luck.

Yes never want to be irresponsible with my dosage. I love that mellow feeling of still being in control and just enjoying every moment of the experience. I think if I would get DP/DR I'd know what to expect now and not freak out as much. I just wanted to make sure that it might be a common side effect, and not some kind of warning sign for me.