Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Vyvanse for ADD

catching fish

Bluelighter
I'm about to trial this new drug for ADD. It costs an absolute fortune but they have a special where you can get the first month very cheap - just ask your psychiatrist to send them a form.

Does anyone have any experiences with Vyvanse and how it compares against dex or ritalin? I just took 30mg this morning, which is the lowest dose. I have a lot of shit to do today. My main concern is that I have a meeting in the evening so I hope there is no noticeable crash. That would be terrible.

Cheers

It's been a while since I tried it. I got my first month for free as a trial thing. I just remember it making me nauseous and not much else. This was for diagnosed ADHD.

That shit was whack. I took it at 8 AM, had a very noticable lift in mood, motivation, focus etc, but then fucking crashed at like 12:30 PM. Ended up having to take a regular dexie and then a half one to get through my meeting. I think I'll give it more of a chance - maybe after I take it for a while I won't get the noticable mood improvement - which, while enjoyable, always means I'm going to have a crash at some point. It is worth noticing that while I crashed only 4 hours later, I felt my concentration and focus was still improved, but the emotional grimness meant I didn't want to work anyway.

I'm having major issues treating my ADD. I feel like any dose that gives me noticable improvements is high enough to have the negative side effects and terrible jarring crash.

I'm in a bit of a pickle whether or not to pursue treatment and actually start achieving the things I believe I am capable of for once, or focus on being healthy and mentally stable but ultimately unproductive and unmotivated.

need to find the right dosage, took me while.what are you on atm?

need to find the right dosage, took me while.what are you on atm?

I haven't got my Vyvanse script yet. I just borrowed a single 30mg off a relative to trial while I wait.

I'm having issues massive issues with finding my dose. This is my second time around giving treatment a proper shot. The first time I was on 30 mg of dexies a day, but I was also self medicating with opiates and benzos so the side effects of the dex (anxiety, crash, insomnia) were easily controlled.

Now that I have kicked opiates the side effects are just too much. Yesterday I took a total of 15 mg of dex in 3 doses over 8 hours which is less than my prescribed dose, and I was just a total zombie half way through my 2nd dose. By the time the dex wore off completely I was fucked. It felt similar to coming down off a proper speed binge. I don't know why I am so sensitive to amphetamines now. In the end I had to borrow 1 mg of lorazepam and had a few beers and I was a million times better.

It is a tough situation. I feel like when I start working again I am going to have to take ADD meds at least a few days a week to be able to be productive, but I don't think I physically can without something to help the side effects. I'll have to talk to my psych when I see him next and see what he thinks.

In the mean time I have to limit myself to one dose of 5mg per day (which just isn't enough) and when I get the Vyvanse I'll give that a decent trial and see if it's worth pursuing as a treatment option.