• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Vyvanse binge question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrPillPopper82

Bluelighter
I am amphetamine naive. Zero tolerance prior to this prescription. Only tried adderall 40mgs once a month ago. I was prescribed vyvanse (30mgs) once a day however I have been taking 60mgs in the morning and an additional 30mgs in late afternoon for the past 3-4 days since filling the script. At this rate of 2-3 a day I should be out of them in roughly 5-7 more days obviously dependent on the rate at which I eat them.

So that leaves me with the following questions:

1) Am I going to experience a major come down if I save 5 and take one a day when I run dry?

2) If I don't do that minor taper with the 5 30mg pills will it be that much worse?

3) will I experience withdrawals and if so what should I expect?

Thank you in advance guys and gals!!

You are currently in the "honeymoon" phase of amphetamine use. They make us feel supremely motivated and confident towards the future and like nothing can stop us. But amphetamine tolerance rises quickly, and pretty soon you're not going to feel anything at all from 60mg and require increasingly high doses to get the effect you are seeking.

Your first "off" day, when you eventually run out of vyvanse or decide not to take any, is going to feel awful. Amphetamine comedowns suck absolute dick and it's the price we pay for abusing the substance. The best advice I can give you is immediately stop your pattern of use and use them only as prescribed. Else you have a very dark path ahead of you.

Yea I trust you when you say that. I already have lost most effects from the 60-90mg dose by the 3rd day today I felt even less. My plan is to go back to my doctor next week and ask him to up my dose to 60mgs split in to two doses because it wears off too quickly. It just sucks because it does help my ADHD symptoms tremendously and my depression considering I'm coming off my DOC, heroin.

Fortunately I have a great doctor who will give me almost anything I ask for since I have so many issues.

Its either that or stopping completely like you said and not even getting another script. I wasn't expecting the come down or effects of a week binge to be THAT bad but I guess I was wrong from the sounds of it.

Decisions, decisions. Ugh!!!

Anyway, thanks for the reply CMF.

Tolerance developing after ~3 days of continuous use is absolutely typical and not a good reason to ask for a dose increase, IMO. It is well documented in medicine and totally normal to have amphetamine (or analogs) lose their "feel good" edge very quickly but retain stimulating effects for much, much longer. You just have to get used to the stimulation and not the outright euphoria if you want to have this be sustainable.

Tolerance will also build to the "good" effects of Vyvanase - the ones that help your ADD - if you go abusing it / increasing the dose too much. Keep that in mind. If you are on a dose that can raise your heart rate and keep you awake, you don't need to increase your dosage, regardless if you "feel good" or not. And also, high doses of time released amphetamines (Vyvanase is a chemical time release) can fuck up your sleep cycle badly too, and that doesn't help your mental state at all. It actually will make you more susceptible to tolerance & bad side effects if you start losing lots of sleep.

Be sure to eat properly & get enough to drink, too! All that energy has to come from SOMEWHERE, and it shouldn't be entirely carbo-laden shit like candy and cakes. Make sure to eat your greens.

Vyvanse was the very stim I used too. It's good for therapeutic use, but that euphoria you get from the first few uses never really comes back.

Even with meth, I've never actually binged on amphetamines in my drug career because knowledge of the subsequent crash has acted as a "barrier" for me so to speak. If you've been taking vyvanse everyday for days in a row, you're going to feel pretty crappy when you come off it. My advice is stay hydrated, FORCE yourself to eat, and pray your doctor is as lenient as you believe they are. If you smoke weed, that helps tremendously with the crappy feelings and appetite loss.

You are currently in the "honeymoon" phase of amphetamine use. They make us feel supremely motivated and confident towards the future and like nothing can stop us. But amphetamine tolerance rises quickly, and pretty soon you're not going to feel anything at all from 60mg and require increasingly high doses to get the effect you are seeking.

Your first "off" day, when you eventually run out of vyvanse or decide not to take any, is going to feel awful. Amphetamine comedowns suck absolute dick and it's the price we pay for abusing the substance. The best advice I can give you is immediately stop your pattern of use and use them only as prescribed. Else you have a very dark path ahead of you.

This is sound advice. Listen to it! Idk why a person would start abusing something that is brand new to the substance. OP, you are going to mess up your future tolerance by teaching your body bad stimulant use, right from the start.

you have to either take it correctly(which works fine) or stop. HR advice.

You don't have to worry. Your doctor will know if you start abusing. They are trained and you may drop hints. You have to correct this now or get cut off.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.