• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Vyvanse and Valium?

I am assuming that you know that Vyvanse is an upper and Valium is a downer. Combining these two different types of drugs in high amounts is notorious for causing cardiac arrest, however, I have mixed amphetamines and benzodiazepines multiple times and I am still alive. The key here is not to take a gigantic dose of either, rather, take moderate doses of both.

Vyvanse is a chemical called lisdexamfetamine, I am pretty sure that this drug is metabolized into dextro-amphetamine, and this metabolic process is responsible for the extended release properties of the pharm itself.

IMO, amphetamines somewhat counteract the effects of benzodiazepines. The only reason I could think to purposefully mix them would be if you had low amounts of Valium, and you wanted to get fucked up off them rather than falling asleep (It seems that for me anyways, low doses of benzos will only make me sleepy, whereas high doses turn me into a totally belligerent ass hole)

A note of caution, benzos often times make me forget pretty much everything... They make me forget shit to the point that I have forgotten what drugs, and how much I took. If this is the case for you, mixing the two drugs could be EXTREMELY dangerous. I suggest that perhaps you post some sticky-notes all over your room with friendly reminders like "you took X amount of pills! Don't be a dumb shit and take more!" or "You are on Xanax, don't punch your dad this time!" etc. You get the picture.

Personally, benzos are my least favorite drug, in fact, they are some of the only drugs I would not take given the opportunity. With all these things said, have fun, be safe, and don't over-do it!

taking the two together would mostly prove to nullify the effects of the dex... benzodiazepine's are a godsend for dealing with comedowns, however. my advice would be to save your valium for when you're starting to come down - this will negate any anxiety and maybe even let you get to sleep :)

The combination, with a low dose of the benzodiazepine, kills the negative effects of amphetamines and can prove for a nice high. It is safe at moderate doses.

The combination, with a low dose of the benzodiazepine, kills the negative effects of amphetamines and can prove for a nice high. It is safe at moderate doses.

Yup, yup. Like everything, moderation is key. If you can maintain a responsible state of mind and limit your intake, of the Benzodiazepines especially, I see nothing wrong with it. Amphetamines cause added stress to your cardiovascular system, so one can only imagine that a Benzodiazepine, used in conjunction and in a reasonable manner, would be therapeutic.

Amphetamines (like vyvanse) and benzodiazepines (like valium) cancell out each other's effects, so the combo would basically just be like taking a miniscule dose of both. If you take a benzo on an amphetamine crash though, it feels really nice and can (in some people) make the benzo stronger. If you use vyvanse often, I'd recommend keeping some valium, or really any benzo, around because they can stop an overdose. Just keep in mind that Benzos take a while to kick in, so if you think you're actually going to die within the next hour or so (depending on the benzo) call 911.