• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

vivitrol taking me prisoner

AZtarDetroitpowder

Bluelighter
Hello Everyone! Have read on this site for a few years, but just now made an account and first post so thanks for your time! Anyways lets get to it shall we...
Lived in PHX AZ my whole life so from 16-20 have been smoking black tar H, as soon as I turned 20 I moved to Detroit to get clean... Well that didn't work out for long as I got right back into it if not worse when I came here. So fast forward 9 months and here I am... Almost 6 weeks since my detox. After being 1 week clean I decided to go ahead with the vivitrol monthly injection. Now personally it has helped but the cons outweigh the negatives, and with that being said I am now 30 days into my first injection. Now I've been trying to get high (insufflate) off of STRONG #4 for about a week now with 2 days on 2 days off type of deal... Have had no effects from it whatsoever.
my question is how long does this injection take until I can feel the effects from 4?!?!?

I have read IV users feeling it around day 25-30 but I just feel there is no way for that to happen. Perhaps it's our different body chemistries but I truly cannot stand being trapped within my own mind while on this shot.. They say you need it every 4 weeks but in reality I feel like it may be closer to 6-7 weeks before it actually starts to wear off! Now I smoke lots of weed and take as much gabapentin as I can but this just isn't cutting it! If someone could please help I'd appreciate it! Also thanks for your time I hope everyone has. A blessed and great day:D:D

Any comment answers and opinions are welcomed I just need input! Hate not having a mental health Doctor need to find one because this is a horrible med for people who aren't ready for it, definitely made the wrong decision.

You seemed to have answered you're own question, everyone's body is different and time on Vivitrol before opiates can be felt vary from person to person. A big factor is that the stories you have read of people feeling it for a brief time at around day thirty are most likely using intravenously thus having a greater effect than any other ROA making the effect more noticeable. Though as it has been stated it varies, I've heard of people feeling full effects of opiates on around day twenty-five, my guess is metabolism has a great deal to do with this timeline.