• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

vivitral and suboxone

tuck3838

Greenlighter
Has anyone taken suboxone wile on vivitral and or drank wile on vivitral?
i got the injection to please probation and im just looking to here some expereinces.

Thanks

Hey Tuck. I'm admittedly not a subject matter expert on your first question. However, I found it intriguing, so did a bit of research. The general consensus seems to be that it has quite the potential to cause Precipitated Withdrawals. I think this thread has some good insight for you. And there are probably a few dozen others that the search engine would show you :)

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/649987-Vivitrol-and-Suboxone-use

Your second question... I wouldn't know from personal experience, but from my layman's knowledge of biology and what I know about Vivitrol/Naltrexone, I can safely say it's not dangerous. However, the Naltrexone in your Vivitrol shot may reduce the positive effects of alcohol. It also can reduce cravings and reduce overall consumption levels when drinking. I'm assuming you're on the shot for opiates? Since Naltrexone is also used for alcohol dependence, I would imagine there is some tricky chemistry there. I'd be interested to hear your experiences if you do drink. But again, based on my knowledge and research, combining alcohol and naltrexone is not physically dangerous... just may make drinking not as enjoyable.

I will echo what shartito has already said. You can forget about all Opioids while you are being maintained on your Naltrexone (Vivitrol). They won't do anything and you would be better off investing your money elsewhere. As far as Alcohol is concerned, Naltrexone is considered a fairly effective treatment for Alcohol abuse, as for many, it tends to reduce the euphoric and positive effects of Alcohol. The only way you will find out if this applies to you is by experimenting.

Personally, I would accept your situation. You're dealing with the law and are obviously embroiled in some shit if they were able to force the shot on you. I would take this opportunity to take advantage of the effects of the shot. Why not just forego the Alcohol and try to better yourself? I'm not judging you at all. I would say the same thing to myself if I were in your position. The fact is, you've been given the shot, there's no "choice" in this matter until the shot wears off.

Im on vivitrol and i have drank on it. What vivitrol does with alcohol is it blocks the receptors that gives u the effects. Essensially u dont feel it really. U dont get sick however u still will have a blood alcohol level if u driving so be safe. Also u will get sick if u drink to much so be careful. As for suboxone if u are already on vivitrol u wont feel the suboxone because vivitrol is a full antagonist and wont allow subs to fill receptors. However if u are on suboxone and are hooked, and then take vivitrol be prepared for the worse hell of your life. It basically will suck all the opaite and syn opaites out of all your receptors within a hour. Then rendering all those receptors usless to recieving any opaites or syn opaites. Worsed PW ever. DONT DO IT!!