• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Visuals replaced by bodyload? This sucks!

hellspawn1

Bluelighter
A former trip buddy of mine had a particular strong acid trip a few years ago which left him unable to get visuals ever since.
In fact, he now only gets an uncomfortable bodyload no matter what, having tried niacin, ibuprofen or other countermeasures to no avail.
Waiting a long time, like over a year, didn't make a difference. Still no visuals. Uncomfortable bodyload only.

😦

What could have disrupted his receptors and how does he reset them, if possible?

💙

Would like to be able to co-trip with this guy again. Neurotransmittor balance and receptor repair, is that achievable in a case like this?

🔧

A few thoughts: Try other psychedelics? (Phenethylamines or tryptamines.)
Stop taking any medication - if takes any - that may interact with psychedelics.
Seek therapy for help to integrate his past, intense, trip.

Good suggestions PS. I think everyone goes through some times where we feel that psychedelics are not satisfying enough for whatever reason. But mixing things up and yes, integrating and taking time do help. I went through a period of a few months many years ago where I felt like I was going to pass out at the peak. (I've never fainted in my life either so not sure if I even would have) Like getting dizzy and almost losing control. It didn't matter though if it was acid or mushrooms. (no variety back then lol) It was that time period that something was going on in my head.

I think the idea is to give up trying to direct the show.

If you are taking psychedelic to experience another's experience, or to re-experience a previous experience, then you have no reason to be taking it. It is not like a ticket to a movie, and it is not like you won a lottery and now became the director of the country.

this medicine loosens up the bindings of reflexes (maybe use ego here) and lets mind objects overlap, sometimes it is visual sometimes just emotional but new connections emerge. Body load is significant when people have disregarded binding clothing, ignored their morning workout, eaten too much, or fallen into defensiveness, stiff physical posture or aggression.

once body load starts, the reverberation of it continues even after a person changes clothing, purges bowels, relaxed intentionally and found a comfortable position. one has to let go of the shock and the reverberation that followed it, and move on. This is all natural.

I totally don't believe in LSD directly physically harming the brain, permanently at the least.

To my mind, this is exactly the ares where LSD shines.

In big stark contrast to MDMA, LSD DOESN'T damage the brain physically.

I genuinely damaged/injured/assaulted my own brain with MDMA overboard, more times than I can recall.

I walked on with those scars. Over time they partly healed, partly became normal to me.

But I never rued in regret and overthinking about it.

My brain works very sharply in most ways. I would love to take MDMA again, not since 2005 now.

I have some, but fear a severe allergy to it.

But I would be dispirited if I took MDMA once and noticed a decline in my cognitive sharpness, which I appreciate and helps keep me sane and witful.

Like- would it really be worth it?

But I have been taking insane amounts of acid of late, my 25th year since LSD use began, fittingly.

I am still getting full effects. Visuals as much as I need. Deep, moving trips on all doses- 50 ug to 1800 odd.

My communication skills, short term memory, self confidence, ease of communication and ability to think and freely navigate my imagination, and general cognitive ability, really do not feel to be impacted at all.

I would suggest side effects from LSD are primarily immaterial and rooted in the consciousness.

I don't actually trip for visuals. I have on and off hppd since 1996, my visual field is a blaze when high on weed and kava, any dose of acid massively turns up the lights and colour.

I feel the acid physically in full always. Not bodyload, body sensation.

Everything always appears very different when and after I trip.

My inner reality is always changing as is my perception of the world around me.

But I genuinely don't feel at all that my brain has actually been physically harmed by possibly the heaviest acid use of any member here since latter 2019.

Especially recently.

@pupnik makes some interesting points about bodyload worth contemplating.

I think it makes perfect sense that Bodyload can come from a purely emotional origin, as can any physical bodily manifestation.

Emotional blockages and stuff. Actually just tripping more sometimes can help. It's like re-moulding essentially, tripping.

Like the sculptar. If he isn't happy with it at one point, he keeps working at it rather than leave it as an uncompleted work, failed in his mind.

Also I KEEP saying it- Kava! So underexperienced. Kavalactones are extraordinarily medicinal, healing, protective, repairative, and balancing.

I use lots kava, it hugely potentiates the LSD and vice versa.

I believe the Kava is kind of rebalancing and resetting itself, for the brain neurochemistry etc.

It goes fantastic with acid.

So @hellspawn1 my suggestion is- get your friend to try using kava with a trip, maybe even in general.

And don't hold back. It's a remarkably safe herb, just never combine Kava and alcohol- one or the other.

Gonna make some now actually!

A former trip buddy of mine had a particular strong acid trip a few years ago which left him unable to get visuals ever since.
In fact, he now only gets an uncomfortable bodyload no matter what, having tried niacin, ibuprofen or other countermeasures to no avail.
Waiting a long time, like over a year, didn't make a difference. Still no visuals. Uncomfortable bodyload only.

😦

What could have disrupted his receptors and how does he reset them, if possible?

💙

Would like to be able to co-trip with this guy again. Neurotransmittor balance and receptor repair, is that achievable in a case like this?

🔧
So he does not get any visuals from LSD, shrooms, or marijuana/hashish? 🤔

Is he taking super low doses, or does this happen from moderate and large doses?

I know people for whom psychedelic drugs such as acid or shrooms, and even Ayahuasca/DMT are not visual and were more mental and/or physical with them getting a body buzz. They were not taking fake drugs as other people they were with took the same LSD, mushrooms, and Ayahuasca/DMT and had a classic psychedelic experience with visuals.

When I get these kinds of trips, it's all about physical discomfort; it won't go away for 6 hours or more. I agree with the notion that these are like feedback loops. You feel a strange sensation or nausea or hot or cold or wet, or whatever, then it's nearly impossible to stop focussing on that. The only thing that works for me is to GET OUTSIDE and go for a walk in the park, or nature. But sometimes, I only think to do that well after the peak, if I've been focussing on a bodyload.
I once had an entire trip in the bathtub, trying to warm up, then getting out and becoming cold, then jumping back into the tub. NO visuals at all, because I'm DISTRACTED by the body stuff.

I never got these bodyloads with LSD-25, but that was 20 years ago for me. Now it's all analogs and subs, though that shouldn't matter. So I also agree with @pupnik that it's about our physical health sometimes, too. Drinking tons of water and getting regular exercise has helped me enjoy visuals again. Seriously, getting lazy brought these kinds of trips onto me.

When I get these kinds of trips, it's all about physical discomfort; it won't go away for 6 hours or more. I agree with the notion that these are like feedback loops. You feel a strange sensation or nausea or hot or cold or wet, or whatever, then it's nearly impossible to stop focussing on that. The only thing that works for me is to GET OUTSIDE and go for a walk in the park, or nature. But sometimes, I only think to do that well after the peak, if I've been focussing on a bodyload.
I once had an entire trip in the bathtub, trying to warm up, then getting out and becoming cold, then jumping back into the tub. NO visuals at all, because I'm DISTRACTED by the body stuff.

I never got these bodyloads with LSD-25, but that was 20 years ago for me. Now it's all analogs and subs, though that shouldn't matter. So I also agree with @pupnik that it's about our physical health sometimes, too. Drinking tons of water and getting regular exercise has helped me enjoy visuals again. Seriously, getting lazy brought these kinds of trips onto me.
Heh I remember eating mushrooms the second, taking 1.5 grams or a bit more but not two grams, and last time and running around a dark field at night with a lavender glowstick and my soft drugs buddy. 2.0 grams of the same mushrooms made me have a very heavy body load. Especially during the comedown. Getting up to close the curtains took 15-30 minutes that felt like hours.

nick sands lsd is the purest standard ever after he stopped no LSD even needlepoint made today comes close to his standard of LSD. Owsley was the true genius who even Hoffman said was the only one who ever got the chemistry correct to make such pure LSD thus sands and scully where also the only ones who achieved the legendary holy grail pure standard of sacraments. I would of loved to try nick sands LSD. still to this day people who tried orange sunshine said it was the purest and strongest LSD they ever took.

i use to get some pretty darn good LSD til my main plug quit the game never any body load super fucking strong varying doses half the time i was always told they don't know what the dose is and get me to try the first tab of the sheets. Never found any stronger LSD or as pure as that small time batches.

Some of the tabs i tried where very extreme hot spots that sent me on some powerful journeys most of them above 200 ug for sure some of them so fucking strong i had some almost freak outs only for the purity of the LSD to still keep my control intact.

The more i tripped closer together on less pure LSD the more unconformable the body load would get as the nervous system gets overcharged by LSD each time and while our mental tolerance might be going down our physical nervous system still needs a longer break i reckon from consuming high dose LSD. I assume OP friend system got such a huge shock all those years ago on such a high dose that his body developed some extreme mental defenses against that happening again so his mind rejects the LSD while the body still has to process it.

Sands LSD was so pure it removed the possibility of psychotic freak outs even at high doses. Not a single person ended up in hopstial in vancover during his period of LSD there not a single fucking hospital visit the DEA told them and he said he made sent over 10 million LSD doses into just Vancouver alone which is a testament to the purity of LSD that it should not induce loops psychoses or bad trips

I totally don't believe in LSD directly physically harming the brain, permanently at the least.

To my mind, this is exactly the ares where LSD shines.

In big stark contrast to MDMA, LSD DOESN'T damage the brain physically.

I genuinely damaged/injured/assaulted my own brain with MDMA overboard, more times than I can recall.

I walked on with those scars. Over time they partly healed, partly became normal to me.

But I never rued in regret and overthinking about it.

My brain works very sharply in most ways. I would love to take MDMA again, not since 2005 now.

I have some, but fear a severe allergy to it.

But I would be dispirited if I took MDMA once and noticed a decline in my cognitive sharpness, which I appreciate and helps keep me sane and witful.

Like- would it really be worth it?

But I have been taking insane amounts of acid of late, my 25th year since LSD use began, fittingly.

I am still getting full effects. Visuals as much as I need. Deep, moving trips on all doses- 50 ug to 1800 odd.

My communication skills, short term memory, self confidence, ease of communication and ability to think and freely navigate my imagination, and general cognitive ability, really do not feel to be impacted at all.

I would suggest side effects from LSD are primarily immaterial and rooted in the consciousness.

I don't actually trip for visuals. I have on and off hppd since 1996, my visual field is a blaze when high on weed and kava, any dose of acid massively turns up the lights and colour.

I feel the acid physically in full always. Not bodyload, body sensation.

Everything always appears very different when and after I trip.

My inner reality is always changing as is my perception of the world around me.

But I genuinely don't feel at all that my brain has actually been physically harmed by possibly the heaviest acid use of any member here since latter 2019.

Especially recently.

@pupnik makes some interesting points about bodyload worth contemplating.

I think it makes perfect sense that Bodyload can come from a purely emotional origin, as can any physical bodily manifestation.

Emotional blockages and stuff. Actually just tripping more sometimes can help. It's like re-moulding essentially, tripping.

Like the sculptar. If he isn't happy with it at one point, he keeps working at it rather than leave it as an uncompleted work, failed in his mind.
Id say HPPD is evidence of long term neurological changes

Sands LSD was so pure it removed the possibility of psychotic freak outs even at high doses. Not a single person ended up in hopstial in vancover during his period of LSD there not a single fucking hospital visit the DEA told them and he said he made sent over 10 million LSD doses into just Vancouver alone which is a testament to the purity of LSD that it should not induce loops psychoses or bad trips
Absolute horse shit!

Absolute horse shit!
nope the police confirmed to sands over a period of a decade and all the lsd sands made not a single person who took sands LSD in canada had a hospital visit thats when the dectives realized they did a really bad thing arresting sands because everything that came after him sent people to hospital

He must have been doing some pretty profound witchcraft blessings on his crystal.

still to this day people who tried orange sunshine said it was the purest and strongest LSD they ever took.
It was precisely that LSD which sent Guitarist Peter Green Awol for, coincidentally- 25 years lol!

Before he suddenly kind of snapped back into himself.

I saw him interviewed many years ago. He mentioned the orange sunshine acid.

His eyes looked away as he did and he said "coor. That was really something..." gazing into neverland as he spoke.

It appeared that at one particular point he had one majorly deep trip on that stuff, which rearranged him.

But then what must have really messed him up was when Fleetwood Mac went to Germany and were kind of kidnap lured to a mansion by some black magic cult who desperately "wanted" Peter Green.

They had him in one room of this mansion performing various rituals.

It sounded like he was pretty helpless and lost in the moment.

His bandmates realised something was very wrong, and that they needed to all get out of there asap. It sounded like a hard task to escape, but they managed it.

I think they had captured Peter Green's mind and he was outside of himself, without the others he probably would have been lost to the cult.

It was an interesting documentary. But I particularly remember how he gazed into an abyss in his mind when discussing his trip on the Orange Sunshine acid, and the exact way he said....That was really something.

Almost uncanny how he was "gone" from his faculties for exactly 25 years. It's like a spell or something.

Scares me to think about it actually. I've never lost the boomerang, it's always come back, but I do feel crazy in my waking consciousness after my trips the following day when it's been heavy and often.

Like today, been awake one hour still in bed after a full on enough trip last night on just 150 ug. I can go so deep on that dose currently. It's that kind of panic attack, inconsolable, mania like feeling for about a day which I can't deal with, coming back into my body sort of.

But it was that acid trip in particular, it appeared, which sent him so deep down the rabbit hole.

nope the police confirmed to sands over a period of a decade and all the lsd sands made not a single person who took sands LSD in canada had a hospital visit thats when the dectives realized they did a really bad thing arresting sands because everything that came after him sent people to hospital
My older couzin Matthew, when I was a blank slated green banana, age 16, once said to us "bad trips didn't used to exist until the government invented them."

Makes sense as well. MK ultra and all that. Hypnotic subliminal programming via media and other avenues.

They might even have made batches with the "intent" to cause bad trips, it strikes me now as not being far fetched.

So Im not disputing what you say, but I consider possibly after that trial the government decided to initiate a psychological programme to influence the way people experienced LSD.

I don't wanna go crazy like the lucky famous (relatively) few, so I need to curb it just so I don't keep going through these intense returns to my physical body.

Last edited: