• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

visuals for different psychedelics

swilow said:
LSD seems to elicit a more dirty visual, when it comes to real-life things morphing- the CEV's are sublime, very geometric and mathematical.

I agree 100%, I see the most fascinating geometric multi-layered constructs, razor sharp line geometries, and such. Where as mushrooms gives me a very organic seeming, flowing, intricate artworks, almost Mayan in feel. Both great things to enjoy, but really quite different.

DMT-IV- explosion of liquid colors, flowerer blooming out of each other is an intense build up of activity.

-Smoked-(somewhere in between) I do find IVed DMT to produce different visuals enough to separate it.

DMT-oral/IM- geometric fractals and tracers and all the normal psychedelic just a step above the rest.

LSD-Swirls, curly ques, fractals.

phenethlamines- breathing, sprakles, waves.

ketamine-butterfly effect.

so on and so forth. I find it hard to explain something which cant be put into words.

LSD - Everything is vibrating/moving,very bright colors.
Mushrooms - Very smooth and natural visuals.My colors for shrooms are brown & green.Items like ashtray and cigarets apears 2D.
Dob - Extremly powerfull visuals very mechanical,astral,un-organic.Insane tracers,every light seems to have diferent color every 4 seconds.Dob is only hallucinogen that gave me spiral visuals,its like little blackholes.Everything is soo bright that night looks like early morning and day looks like cartoon.CEVs are strong too but you must close your eyes for 60-90 seconds to really travel somewhere.Dob have most interesting visuals from all hallucinogens i tried.If you stare at something for longer that 5 seconds it gets really intense.I love dob and all those people saying things like: Dob have dirty visuals,dob have bad bodyload,oh no!! this blotters have dob in them!!! makes my angry becose dob is great,just little bit diferent from lsd.My colors for dob are violet,green,black.blue.

Has anyone else seen weird writing on LSD, in paper or wood or fabric? If I look at a blank sheet of paper while tripping, I see this writing that depicts single words at a time, such as "THE" or "FEW". It's in that classic bubbly 'psychedelic' font, too! :D

I also usually see animals in paper... horses, giraffes, elephants...

Last edited:
TheAppleCore said:
Has anyone else seen weird writing on LSD, in paper or wood or fabric? If I look at a blank sheet of paper while tripping, I see this writing that depicts single words at a time, such as "THE" or "FEW". It's in that classic bubbly 'psychedelic' font, too! :D

The second time I took acid I got CEV's of long evolving strands of letters, shapes, and numbers all flowing into eachother. Definitely remember making out a few words short words in there though.

2C-B and MDA give me hierogliph/mezo-american style patterns on surfaces.

TheAppleCore said:

I got that on 4-HO-MET most prominently.

LSD makes me see hieroglyphs and cosmic spiralling patterns.

TheAppleCore said:

i get that when looking at grass or wood on acid. i once saw "ACID TRYP" written in the bark of a tree =D and many other words like "DREAMY" in the grass nearby. interestingly they were all in english, which isn't my native language...

2C-E - At large doses its like swimming under water. Incomprehensible that compound is. On higher doses I won't be able to read most of the time on 2C-E because all the letters individually on a page will blow up, sink in, blur, sharpen, or change colors; sometimes all of those effects simultaneously and usually each matching letter will do the same thing. Its strange because also at first glance everything is somewhat normal and then 5 seconds later the paragraphs/signs/documents ect. will go completely bananas. Eventually it looks like the alphabet dancing. Too many compounds to speak of :p, I just felt that was a very interesting phenomena since it only happens to me with 2C-E.

Black said:
i get that when looking at grass or wood on acid. i once saw "ACID TRYP" written in the bark of a tree =D and many other words like "DREAMY" in the grass nearby. interestingly they were all in english, which isn't my native language...

I see writing sometimes on LSD particularly in CEVs, in the 60s style bubble writig too but I can never make out what is written.

Also, this is totally corny, but I tend to see Grateful Dead imagery particularly with close eyed visuals. On one bluelighters tapestry I saw stealies, bears, roses AND skeletons 8o 8o 8o ... LOLOLOL. Totally superficial but always puts a smile on my face.

TheAppleCore said:
The whole of my visual field being woven from words is something I've experienced every time I've taken 2C-E or psilocybin mushrooms, but not with salvia divinorum or DiPT (which had visual effects at high doses, but not word-based visual effects). I've experienced it most strongly on psilocybin mushrooms (such that it was literally everywhere; everything had words woven into it), whereas with 2C-E it has been more only when looking at something otherwise lacking in visual structure.

I'm not sure that it's a dosage issue, in my case, although it may be. But I've had 2C-E trips I consider to be as intense (and as visually affected) as any mushroom trip I've had; and I don't think the word-based visuals were ever as strong.

I don't recall experiencing this on LSD, but the only times I took LSD were a low dose and a long time ago, so that doesn't say much.

Incidentally, all my words begin with 'S'. There's quite a variety ('strawberry' 'sandwich' 'safe' 'salad' 'stroke' etc), but all starting with 'S', every time. :)

On mushrooms i tend to get Mezo-American/Aztec type patterns with a heavy cartoon feel.

LSD gives me visuals that remind me of hindu/buddhist art. I also see the form of many hindu deities.

2C-I and 2C-B made everything very sparkly, and there were a lot of spiraling fractal patterns.

DOB for me was incredibly intense i don't even know how to describe it. It was as if an extra dimension of color, that i've yet to experience again,was superimposed on the normal world. The colors were the exact colors on the Camel No. 9 menthol box. I could also see through my eyelids. The fractals were the most intricate and visually exciting that i've ever experienced.

Last edited:
Mescaline cactus gave me aztec symbols, like the ones in aztec calendar. They were the most beautiful visuals I've ever seen.

2C-E made everything colored, I took a shower and rainbows were everywhere. I could shoot them from my fingers :)

1mg Bromo-Dragonfly gave me most intense visuals(not counting DMT). It didn't matter if my eyes were closed or open, I always went ito a different world. Space disco. When I could see the real world it didn't have any details. Can't really explain that one, everything was fucked up would be the most accurate term.

more info on high dose ayahuasca cev's,

like the documented ten gram mimosa, lying in dark, overcome by intensity and fractals, rotating like inner clockwork, primal, od feeling but knowing substance is safe

How do you people dig up 9 tear old threads and respond to them without noticing ?

Aztec type patterns with a blue and yellow as dominant colours with 4-HO-MET.

Neon pink & green lines with Nbomes

Luminosity with mushrooms like bursts of light flashing.

Tessellation, like lego blocks dropping with DMT

In my experience all the psychedelics have many similar traits like breathing walls but the above seem to be more noticeable.
Glad the thread was resurrected, I wasn't here 9 years ago, sure how do you know the poster didn't know its age and didn't care?

I think it is a good thread to resurrect, and the contributions are pretty good, it gets me thinking.
48 years ago on some of my first acid trips I found that the open-eye effect was like looking through photographic slides.
My parents had lots of slides from their trip to mexico which was magic to me anyway, but I would look at these little plastic squares with colored film pictures by holding them up to the light, and sometimes I would look through more than one slide to see the glory of one warm beautiful scene blended with another.
This was epiphanic to me.
looking through layers at clear celluloid images was very much like what I was seeing.
with acid it was usually beautiful but occasionally terrifying.
then during the come down, I would see writing on the ceiling intermixed with cartoony hieroglyphics in which Goofy was a very dominant character along with duck billed persons.

cannibis was always very rich, almost particulate rather than layered, or layered in smaller frames with a much more intense body feeling.

shrooms were very much like acid but the blending of layers was more smooth, just as gorgeous and dark but the combination of images - more melted.

salvia also produced a layered visual field, but seems to keep the layers very solid, so the mix is chaotic, and a sense of dimensional disruption ensues to accommodate the non-blendable layers of things that are happening - easy to feel like you are in a strange machine - very often the salvia mind produces multiples of the same thing to fill the odd multi-dimensional expanse.

Maybe DMT (I did not yet try it) is like that, though I think it's similarity to mushroom smooths the edges and blends the layers and dimensions to a more pleasant finish than salvia's more raw multi-dimensional layering.

in all of them there is definitely persistence and impingement of visual and mental frames upon subsequent ones, and a wonderful willingness to appreciate the abundance of life.