View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

visuals for different psychedelics

760rollz

Bluelighter
Is it just in my head or do different psychedelics give off subtle differences in visuals? For this post I will use LSD as the base psychedelic. As compared to LSD for example, mescaline seem to me to be more of a pastel color trip. Where as shrooms seem to be more cartoon like. The patterning seem to be alike for these psychedelics but to me they seem to also have subtle differences. Is it just me or do others find these differences too?

Rollz

For sure. DMT seems to induce more trailing and flanging of objects, which leads to the most incredible structures (often realtively mechanical) being formed behing closed eyes. DPT gets me seeing starbursts, little diamonds hanging in the air everywhere. LSD seems to elicit a more dirty visual, when it comes to real-life things morphing- the CEV's are sublime, very geometric and mathematical.

I wouldn't consider LSD visuals to be dirty, I think they're simply beautiful in a cosmic kinda way.

As for a dirty visual, the Dox have the most incredibly dirty looking visuals IMO.

LSA gave me light feedback all over my vision, improved eyesight, things looked sharper.

LSD gives me trails, everything breathes and morphs and walking seems weird; hard to explain, it's like as I walk toward something it seems to get further away. LSD I also sometimes see dark fuzz covering everything in the dark, or lights taking on different colors.

2C-E has the most intense visuals, everything moves and seems to be stretched out a bit, I also have large scale hallucinations on this substance, e.g. clouds seem to form large objects that hurtle towards me. The CEVs on this are amazing, more so then any other psychedelic I've used. I close my eyes and it's almost like I become slowly submerged in a cartoon like scene.

DOC has visuals like LSD for me, but less intense. I get CEVs similar to 2C-E but also not as intense, but CEVs never seem to be that great on acid for me. With DOC my perspective on things gets really fucked up as well; I'll be standing still and then it will seem like my whole house is shaking as though there is an earthquake. I also seem to get repeating patterns - one thing that happened during my trip a few days ago was that patterns I watched clouds formed would then appear on my bathroom floor.

One thing they all have in common is that when I lie on my back deck and look at the stars, it seems as though the stars are eyes of creatures moving around and looking at me. Weird.

LSD visuals for me are like everything is in motion.. but then it's not. Everything moves while staying still. Like there was some kind of extra dimension and you can somehow "see" the "movement" in this "dimension"...

I'm not making much sense. Oh, and spirals. Lots of spirals, they're trademark to LSD.

2Cx and other phenethylamine visuals are more like a sparkle in everything... sparkle and shimmer & shine.

Mushrooms are something in between...

LSD creates a kind of neon light over everything, and can get overwhelming at high dosages. Last time I did a large trip and my vision was so warped that I couldn't see someone 15 feet infront of me, and walked into wire fences on multiple occasions because the wire was to thin for me to see, when my freind (who was on a lower dose of acid) asked me what a tree infront of me looked like, it was bright purple and had bits of wire fence stuck all over it. Also on acid if I look at inanimate objects like grass, it will look like it is waving in the wind.

2Cx has cartoony visuals, everything looks colourful (almost too colourful at times) and makes people look like they have downsyndrom unlike acid which makes people just look mutated and disturbing.

killo said:
I wouldn't consider LSD visuals to be dirty, I think they're simply beautiful in a cosmic kinda way.

As for a dirty visual, the Dox have the most incredibly dirty looking visuals IMO.

Yeah, with acid I tend to get a more amphetamine-brainfuk hallucinations, shit just looks wrong, melting, bits getting stuck on other bits, etc. Pretty normal, but it has a chaotic element I've grown to dislike.

2C-I is a beautifully visual psychedelic I think; the visuals can be intense and very much dominant, but the mind seems intact enough to observe them. My best description of 2C-I visuals is as Persian carpet style interweavings, vine-like as with mescaline but with a "digital" feel.

5-MeO-DMT is one of the oddest visual drugs, if thats what you could say. It amost feels painful in the way the huge phosephene just envelopes your entire visual field...The 'light' sensation seems to burst over my eyes. and is bright!

This is a good thread; I'll keep adding drugs as I think of them.

DOC signature visuals for me are spirals, line DNA strands, waves of visible energy moving through the air, and endlessly repeating patterns of whatever you happen to be staring at. Oh yeah, how could I forget the neon-blue edged black hole looking portals in space (most often seen for just a second)...

LSD visuals... somebody called them "dirty"? Far from it, in my experience. LSD will turn lights into fractal rainbows. Everything will crawl itself into a moving, overlapping pattern. The trees glow with energy. Most objects have an aura, even things like a table or drawer.

Mushrooms... in medium doses the trees will squirm. That potted plant just turned into a lion for a minute! Faces flowing in wood grain. That chair just elevated off the ground and now its glowing! On higher doses, the whole world is like a Van Gogh painting, in full motion. CEVs are remarkably vivid and high in contrast, we're talking full motion 100's of tribal dudes dancing on a 3D rotating chess board while beams of electric energy connect you and everyone else who happens to be within a 5 mile radius together in an energy-grid.

San Pedro / Mescaline... Much flowing, especially in wood and natural objects. Kaleidescopic clouds. Once a neon female entity sat next to me for a moment. Staring at anything for a while will produce cob-web like, very intricate, growing designs.

4acoDMT... like DMT in slow motion. Or mushrooms with a cosmic, sparkly twist. Houses look like something out of a fairy tale.

2C-I ... swirling rotating patterning flowing everything. Porcelain is beautiful. Walking on grass, the blades step away from your feet. Long stop-motion tracers. Neon CEVs.

yeah I can only do so many of these at once.. cool thread though. Interesting how some people get almost opposite visuals from the same drug, but there are definitely certain trends.

LSD visuals... somebody called them "dirty"?

Damn, I really need to qualify that statement. :) An example of the dirtyness might be looking at a televsion set, and watching as it melts inwards and outwards, seeing the little red power button basically floating in space...okay pretty shit example, but I happen to have a dormant TV in front of me. LSD visuals can remind me of strong MDA experiences; shits just not right, and confusing at times.

I think LSD visuals of man-made things to be generally dirty; natures beauty is certainly enhanced. But then, I don't take LSD for visuals, I take it fr the head-trip...

I quite like the visual content of high doses of THC- basically anything you can think of will manifest behind the eyes, and the outer world takes on that surreal, misty sheen as if you've entered an odd fairy-land, close to this reality but just so vaguely seperate.

if any of this makes sense

DOC - very bright colors, spinning circular patterns, lots of primary colors, "chopped up" appearance

LSD - shimmering neon and pastel colors, rainbows, fractals, zooming "in and out"

DMT - inexplicable, infinite, intricate, fractal patterns

Mushrooms - more subdued, earthier, more "natural" colors, "flowing" type visuals, things morphing into other things

2C-X's - "warmer" colors, pulsating, simpler patterning

LSD- Neon colors, rainbows and strobe like effects OEV. Shifting shadows. Fractals CEV.

2C-X- Persian carpet. Colors brighter but not a lot of added colors. My OEV never have color, just the persian carpet design as a showdow if that makes sense.

Mushrooms- Usually warm colors like red, yellow, and orange, as well as some deep purple, CEV usually swirling and folding in on themselves, somewhat fractal and mezoamerican. OEV melting and swaying.

DMT- Sparkling, jeweled beauty. Every point of reflected light shines and shimmers OEV. Thats the only explanation I have.

Hi

I think that it doesnt only depend on the substance but on you taking it, for me for instance Salvia Mushrooms and Nightshade, all presented Fractal Imagery, because this "language" speaks to me the most. I asked the Plants why they where shwoing me Fractal Imagery and they said, it speaks to you, and as you do fractals yourself, you can feel them better.

bye Salviasca

LSD- sometimes things seem to morph into themselves like everything were made of layers of dimensions, beautiful colorful and mathmatical geometrics, fractals, sometimes I can "smell" or "hear" color, in which suddenly everything seems that color for a split second

Mushrooms- more cartoonish, things breath and sometimes bulge oddly... often I'll see faces in things that shouldn't have them

Mescaline- ancient, paisley, trees dial and sometimes things turn into ruins, intense trails and tracers on the comeup but after an hour or two things just dial and grow into each other... I really feel like this chemical doesn't like straight lines. colors are surreal, the most intense greens and blues and rainbow I've ever seen

I also find from talking to friends that the differences can vary a lot from person to person (IE mescaline will produce visuals for me like what LSD does for a friends while shrooms will produce visuals for him like LSD does for me)

weed- mainly CEV, they are very colourful and cartoon like= "mind movies"

Ket-mainly CEV (some warping OEV is about it) which are like more intense and immersive weed CEV's

LSD-low(ish) dose first time cuase some slight colour swirls, tracers and some bending and warpign of objects.. high dose causees a fish eye lens type effect with colourful visuals everywhere but cant really remmeber what is specific about them atm asi havnt taken it in a while.. sometimes the OEV get so intense i close my eyes and get taken away by CEV hehe

mushrooms-low dose (1 gram) cuased LED type lights 2 appear everywehre in a dark room (blue red and green) but thats about it

LSD - I was convinced everything was much larger then myself. Perception of depth was remarkably distorted. Trees grew and clouds swirled.

Mushrooms - Vibrant colors. fascinating textures. Static-like patterns on dark objects. Faces are tremendously exaggerated at times, which leads to an outburst of laughter. Pictures behind closed eyes.

5-MeO-DMT - Very intense visuals. When I move my eyes, everything has a trail and would blend together. Fractal patterning CEV.

Salvia - Cartoonish. Very strange 'mystical' presence? I can't figure this plant out.

Salvia:
roof.jpg

lol, shutup SKL. ;)<3

for me:
5-meo-dmt oral/snuffed seems to make colors much brighter and more interesting
n,n DMT smoked: can anyone really explain it?
lsd: good visuals, lots of tracers, trippy things look quite interesting
shrooms: (depends on batch)great cev, things look "goofy" to me and amazing, crazy tracers
2c-i/mescaline and analogues: my favorite! intense geometric patterns and colors, everything is fun to look at!