• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

video game: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (PC/PS3/Xbox 360)

rate this game!

• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/1star.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/2stars.gif[/img]

• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

• Total voters

StarOceanHouse

Bluelight Crew
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Anyone play this game?
I have it for xbox 360.The graphics are amazing and the game is just way too addicting. It's an extremely fun free roam style RPG just like its predecessor (Morrowind).

There's also 2 expansion packs for the game: Shivering Isles and Knights of the Nine. I believe they are only downloadable via xbox live on the 360. I haven't played them yet though.

Yeah it's incredible - by far the most immersive game I have played. The sort of thing that takes your life away for a few weeks while you *have* to complete just another quest :D

Its an incredible game, but I find it a tid bit more forceably linear than Elder Scrolls 3. I only got about 1/2 into it before getting distracted by real life and quitting, but for now I can say I liked Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind better. Graphics engine on Oblivion is phenominal tho.

Yeah Morrowind completely sucked my soul away. The sheer scale of the game was massive and the different landscapes were great. Oblivion was also good with a much needed update to the graphics but the quick travel option made it too easy to get to places. Every city had the same format aswell, unlike Morrowind where you had mushroom citys n shit.

Nothing beats getting to a high level then going on a huge killing spree :D

This is hands down the most beautiful Amrrican-made RPG. My computer is a bit old and only allows me to play it at the lowest graphics configuration possible, and it's STILL breathtaking. Great soundtrack too, and unbelievably beautiful details all over.

Yeah the cities in Oblivion did seem to have some kind of similarities. The expansion Shivering Isles has a different atmosphere than Oblivion.

1169135791.jpg

1170804773.jpg

1170804774.jpg

Bought it on pre-release. Was thouroughly entertained for 60 hours of my life with it. After you get all powerful I got board with it (even though the monsters scale to your level). Didn't really do the main questline, but had a blast just doing side quests and killing stuff.

Definitely a nice game with great graphics. Kind of wish I still had it, but I sold it to a friend. There weren't any real mods out when I played it, so I cannot comment on that.

I started to play it, but told myself to stop and wait till I upgrade my PC.
I don't want to play through and miss the eye candy.

I played this game on my old laptop before it crapped out. It was a lot of fun but as other people mentioned I think Morrowind overall was a better game. I never finished the main quest in Oblivion, I got stuck in one of the planes of Oblivion and never went back to the game. Now that I am using a mac restricts my options to repurchasing the game for PS3. Anyone know how it plays on the console?

Excellent game, however, I found it tedious in the long run. Morrowind had a wealth of things you could do, get into, but Oblivion just got so damn repetitive.

However, being an Assassin in Oblivion was incredible.

Absolutely love it, definitely a game I'll never sell on. There's an update on the 360 version which apparently improves loading times and how the outside world looks but I haven't tried it yet. Have to take breaks from the game cos I do get fed up with the world but when I'm into it I'm really into it.

Im just curious my 360 operates pretty well no problems really there is the odd lockup with it but for some reason whenever I play Oblivion it will freeze eventually and it is very frustrating.

I have played it on the PC and I will agree one of the best games, and even for the 360 its probably the best game avalible for it at this point.

cool on the PC (turned into a cool vampire thing) but Neverwinter Nights beats it hands down...
<----- Uber g33k (it goes up to 11) d20 yo!

i loved oblivion. i really dig the american style RPGs of the recent years such as fable, jade empire, knights of the old republic, and the elder scrolls games. i didn't get to play as much as i would like becuase i don't own the 360, but whenever i go to my parents' house for a day i get in an hour or two on my brother's system with my own character. the most fun parts have been the guild missions, especially the assassins.

I played this on PC pretty hardcore. Many hours spent jumping around stoned out of my mind, unable to go looting caves, because killing seemed like not a nice thing to do. And other times, going around killing everything that moved.

Now I am playing stalker, and loving the openess and GUNS! Swords and stuff are cool, but I want to be able to blast away with a sniper rifle or bust heads with a fat handgun.

And thus I await Fallout 3. zOMG!

oblivion

hey guys n gals is oblivion a good game that wont get boring in like a couple days im thinking about buying it it looks very fun your opinion would be very appericated