• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

video game: Grand Theft Auto IV- The Lost & Damned (Xbox360)

rate it

• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/2stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Nice!

One of my gripes with GTA4 was that they didn't do much with the bicker character. I was expecting a little more involvement a la Vice City, but I guess they were saving it for the expansion. Better late than never.

^my thoughts also. i felt the whole gang was wasted. i was hoping to do the wasting.

lol so much for 360 only, the DLC content is already on the pc disk. Well some of it, i.e:icons for new weapons, vehicles (which are DRIVEABLE using mod tools, and mighty fun too), also fingerless gloves, woot!

Still seems shadyish on R*'s behalf though, not really downloadable content when you've already paid for bits of it is it?

i'm paying for extra missions alone. they aren't on the pc version are they?

when does this release¿

scratch that. feb 17.

Last edited:
Been playing multiplayer again recently. Still haven't finished the campaign missions.

so... the DLC isn't out for the xbox until february now? shit. :\

in other news, i've just ordered a 40" sony LCD TV. i cannot fucking wait to play GTA4 on it. :D

pretty fucking amazing with an HDMI cable. :D

tomorrow, tomorrow, i'll love you, tomorrow, it's only... a DAY away!!! <3

GET IN!

check out this one opening paragraph from the uk ign lost and the damned review (no spoilers)

Some 30 whole minutes in, The Lost and Damned dishes out its first achievement – 'One Percenter', an acknowledgement that a single percent of the game has been completed. Claims of Rockstar's DLC offering a 12 hour campaign really aren't far off the mark – this is a substantial expansion that pushes the boundaries of what's been achieved with downloadable content on Xbox Live to date. Think of this not as a mere mission pack; The Lost and Damned states a compelling case for being considered a standalone game.

holy shit :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

fanny-tastic! =D

did you know that 1 percenter also refers to this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorcycle_club#One_Percenters

?

one_percenter_big-1.gif

Last edited:
got my MS points ready to go, 6 and a half hours to wait :D

MS points?

explain with a quickness please. 8o

should i have them, whatever they are???

credits to purchase premium dload. it can be billed to the card linked to your live mbshp.

stupidheads! it's the 17th here already. been that way for more than 13 hours and yet the dload still says to wait another 10 hours. grrrrr. i went home at lunch to get the dload starting but then couldn't! :X

got it last night and played the first stage. nice introductory stage. incredible animation and acting on the cut scenes. the bikes feel great. shooting feels smooth, or perhaps it was the sweet sawn off shotties =D

i don't think the reviewer was correct. by the end of the first stage two point something percent is done. perhaps the reviewer didn't know of the one percenters as per your link felix. i think the accomplishment is just about performing your first crime as a bikey.

the noise filter they've added to the visuals makes it grittier, but i prefer more focus. you can turn it off.

I eventually (and begrudgingly) finished off the main GTA-IV story and downloaded this add-on. The add on appeared to overwrite my completed gamesave, but I can't say I'm too broken up about that.

I gotta admit that I've only played the first five missions or so, but it appears to be a huge improvement over the original Nico storyline. The characters are more interesting, the mistrust elements are brewing in the background and the whole game just feels lighter. That lightness might be influenced by the fact that Rockstar seem to have relented and given us bikes that are actually good in the bends and provide a better experience than other vehicles. Can you imagine a biker story with the bike controls of the original GTA-IV?

It's also nice to see them moving back towards some of the more creative thinking behind San Andreas. The use of a different weapons class is a pleasant surprise, and the use of groups (with posse health meters) and back up gives me some hope that the series can be brought back on track.

Overall, I'm more inclined to sit down and play this. Pretty impressive stuff.

Now we just need some planes and parachutes.

A few more comments...

The characters have much more distinct personalities than the Nico storyline. I honestly couldn't recall who was Pegorino and who was Boccino , who was Rascalov and who was Faustin. They all just blended into a non-descript mass of grey characters. LATD has far more colourful characters and seems to have cranked up the contrast control slightly. Perhaps not to the heights of Vice City, but enough to regain some of the fun factor that was missing in the earlier storyline.

The 'formation riding' feature is a neat addition too. I like the way it replenishes your armour and health. Of course, it's not very realistic (where's the logic in foramation riding boosting your body armou???), but it is more fun and less of a pain in the arse than having to hunt down armour and save the game before your next mission. The spawning bike (post mission briefing screen) is another saviour. I think these little tweaks might signal a shift away from the aderence to reality that the original storyline had and instead towards convenience and fun. And why not? GTA was never about being realistic and reflecting the real world, it's major successes were always rooted in being outrageously fun and absurd in it's satire.

I think the story and characters were far superior in GTA4 compared to lost and damned, I found it hard to empathise and sometimes even distinguish between the bikers. It's the bikes, the music and that sawn off shotgun that make this worth buying %). The auto-pistol and auto-shotty are also incredibly fun, the new online modes are also certainly a good addition.

there is enough new content to warrant a new thread.

also in fond memory of b&f <3