• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Victorian psychoactive mushrooms other than Subaeruginosa.

yagecero

Bluelighter
The shroomery lists the following mushrooms as growing in Victoria: Gymnopilus sp., Gymnopilus purpuratus, Panaeolus cinctulus, Psilocybe semilanceata, Psilocybe subaeruginosa.

I know that the active dose in Gymnopilus sp. is so low to render it a waste of time, and have read that G.purpuratus are active in W.A but not in Victoria - can anyone verify this?

Has anyone picked Panaeolus cintulus[ater] (perhaps not worth it?) or Psilocybe semilanceata [liberty caps] in Victoria?

Liberty caps like cool temperatures (night temperatures <10°C, day temperatures <15°C) and a lot of moisture (rain). The mushrooms fruit in the fall - from when the fall rains begin until the first freezes

Liberty caps would definitely be cool to look for in the wild.

What about other species? Does anyone know of other mushrooms growing in the wild here? I find it unusual that both Psilocybe cubensis and Copelandia[Panaeolus] cyanescens have supposedly been picked in Tasmania, but not in Victoria.

In the case of cubensis, does anyone think that with the la niña weather pattern and the higher level of rain/humidity that it brings, cubensis could be found in Victoria in the coming years (or perhaps they've already been found?)?

And on the topic of Amanita Muscaria, is there anyone here with experience in those that grow around Victoria near the start of subaeruginosa season?

I realise that subs are more potent than the species containing psilocybin/psilocin listed above (and so maybe you guys think it's not worth hunting the others), but I really enjoy looking for fungi of all different types - there's just something so cool about being out in nature looking for mushrooms :)

I am fairly sure you are right that those Gymnopilus are a waste of time, so weak you have to consume shitloads for any effect. Can't comment on the difference between WA ans VIC strains though.

I had read Psilocybe Semilanceata could be found in TAS, not sure if thats 100% but I do believe it should be possible assuming spores got introduced there. You might luck out in Southern VIC but I wouldn't count on it and when subs are easier to find and more potent why bother really? I have to admit though that for whatever reason 'Liberty caps' have always appealed to me a bit more than other mushrooms, no logical reason for it they just have.

I would be surprised if cubes found their way down to Victoria, if they did it would be kinda interesting as it would mean we could get shrooms virtually year round. Personally though I think I would prefer to poke around public woochipped gardens than cowshit laden private property.

I have never been game to fuck around with A. Muscaria, I am sure a few people on here have though. Psilosubnaut would probably be a good bet as someone who would have some knowledge on them.

Ordinarily I would merge this into the new mushroom thread, but seeing as how that thread is currently relevant to North Australia and you are talking about the south, and also the fact you are enquiring about some less common mushrooms I am going to let this stand on its own, unless anyone else has an objection. :)

I had read Psilocybe Semilanceata could be found in TAS, not sure if thats 100% but I do believe it should be possible assuming spores got introduced there. You might luck out in Southern VIC but I wouldn't count on it and when subs are easier to find and more potent why bother really? I have to admit though that for whatever reason 'Liberty caps' have always appealed to me a bit more than other mushrooms, no logical reason for it they just have.

There is something cool about them, and even though subs are more potent, liberty caps are apparently quite good in dose to weight ratio. Other than the shroomery I've also read about them growing in Vic in "Magic Mushrooms of Australia & New Zealand", by John W.Allen on erowid:

Documented Locations: Australia; Mt. Field National Park, Tasmania. This mushroom was first reported from Australia in 1892. It was next reported from New South Wales in 1895. In l974, it was documented from Victoria, and that same year, specimens were collected in Tasmania. Although this species is very common, well known, and much prized by recreational mushroom enthusiast throughout Europe, Scandinavia, Great Britain, Canada; the Pacific Northwest region of the United States and South America, no reports of its suspected use as a recreational drug in Australia existed until only recently. It is very probable though that this species is known and used by members of the drug subculture in Australia, however, no published reports exist which indicate that this species has ever been confiscated by narcotic officers on the continent or its suspected use been brought to their attention.

I was thinking given the temperature range for the mushroom, perhaps it would have been found at higher altitudes.

I would be surprised if cubes found their way down to Victoria, if they did it would be kinda interesting as it would mean we could get shrooms virtually year round.

It would be interesting, wouldn't it? ;)

I have never been game to fuck around with A. Muscaria, I am sure a few people on here have though. Psilosubnaut would probably be a good bet as someone who would have some knowledge on them.

Ordinarily I would merge this into the new mushroom thread, but seeing as how that thread is currently relevant to North Australia and you are talking about the south, and also the fact you are enquiring about some less common mushrooms I am going to let this stand on its own, unless anyone else has an objection. :)

Thanks man. I do find it to be an interesting topic and hopefully we get some more opinions about the psilocybin mushrooms mentioned and any reports of experience with Victorian Amanita muscaria.

i think one of the interesting things about psilocybe mushrooms is the variation in the concentration of actives, thus different effects from each species.
on top of the incredibly subjective nature of all psychedelic experience, i agree that the variation in shrooms is a lot of fun to explore. i just wish there were some that grew in my local area.
alas, i shall have to follow the fungi someday.

^man, that sucks. Having mushrooms grow wild in my area is a prerequisite for me - I'd hate to live without the whole process. From finding new patches to getting out for walks in new areas (while doing so) is one of the pleasures of life!

It's definitely not just the pharmacological effects that interest me. In order to find mushrooms, I feel that you have to in a way "make friends" with them - from a mycological perspective, you have to "get to know" their characteristics, but with each passing year I find that I have a stronger connection to the experience of finding mushrooms and to their "spirit" for lack of a better word.

To me it is something magical, but I don't consume them often these days - just a few times a year. I trip and meditate in silence, and with some experiences, the effects have rivalled ayahuasca. I don't find it to be at all recreational these days, much to the chagrin of many friends who are just out for a laugh.

I know Psilosubnaut is not around here often at the moment, but I'm hoping he (or anyone else) will chime in about Psilocybe semilanceata in Victoria, or experiences with Amanita.