• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

vicodin and oxy withdrawl EMERGENCY

OpiateOC

Greenlighter
Ive had multiple surgeries. looks like my nerve now is severely damaged from being pinched for years. Doctor gave me 60 10 mg Vicodin. lasted 7 days. then refilled again but 120 of them which barely lasted 2 weeks. then i got into pain management they gave me 10 mg roxicodone 2 x daily
so ive taken like total of 180 pills in 34 days

im 30 hours into cold turkey and wanna stop for at least 2-3 days to withdraw. then just take the oxy here and there only when in severe pain and not taking it just for moderate pain

ive got xanax 2mg... i got clonodine. i got gabbapentin. nothing seems to help much. at times today it has helped but i cant sit still im going nuts...

should i just take 1 10 mg vicodin or 5 mg vicodin just 1 time to alleviate withdrawl? Im afraid after 30 hours of no opiates just taking 1 5mg or just 1 10 mg vicodine will ruin the detox or should i go ahead and just take that small amount once..? Then wait another 24 hours and do same dose again? I Just don;t wanna be physically addicted which i am for sure after a months use non stop. i can't sit still my legs keep like moving non stop

Can i please have advice? I'm not taking it for fun i take it for legit purpose but realized i rather just take it as little as possible so i don't get wickedly addicted physically?

Or should i wait 3 more hours and get mikes hard lemonade ( 8% alcohol and just drink a bit of that) will that help?

PLEASE SOMEONE ADVISE ME.. its weekend no doctors are open except ER which i refuse... there just gonna give me the drugs for helping withdrawal i which already have anyways so it's completely pointless and a waste of time and money. Oh i do have naltroxen that was prescribed a while back to help me with a eating disorder.. yes its used for that too.. not just opoid addicts.

I would highly advise you to taper. Don’t take your max dose, cut your dose down to a level where you’re not feelin hellish withdrawals but using the minimum you can possibly take to fend off the withdrawals. It’s not the most comfortable or fastest route but in my opinion it is the best way I’ve found to do this. Also I’d like to add for in the future to take about a week of drug vacations every 2-4 weeks to keep your body from addiction(switch it up say one month take a drug vacation on week two, next month week 4, next week 3 and so on). I truly hope this helps, stay strong!

[QUOTE="OpiateOC, post: 14581583, Oh i do have naltroxen that was prescribed a while back to help me with a eating disorder.. yes its used for that too.. not just opoid addicts.
[/QUOTE] Naltrexone belongs to the class of drugs that is an opiate antagonists and works in the brain to prevent opiate effects such as “feel good” as well as pain relief, I’m not sure if you should be takin it with your current situation but I’m no doctor or nurse or pharmacist so I would take this with a grain of salt and do some research on that

DO NOT TAKE NALTREXONE. If you haven’t yet I would not take any of your pills, your almost out of the woods. Taking one pill may alleviate your withdrawal symptoms but it will also prolong them. That’s just me though.