• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

vicodin and apap

Status
Not open for further replies.

collegeguy41

Greenlighter
Hey everybody. I am facing somewhat of a dilemma. I do not have a prescription for Vicodin, but I have been able to acquire it through family, friends, etc. Since I do not have direct access to it my usage is fairly inconsistent-pretty much like I won’t have any for months on end but then I’ll use it for 3 or 4 weeks straight. While I love Vicodin, everytime I take it my high is dampered by the fact that I am so freaked out by the APAP content (95% of the time I’m only able to get 5/500 pills). As of now I’ve never taken more than 1000mg of APAP at once and never more than I’d say 1500-1700mg in a 24 hr period. I know I am below the 4 g medical limit, but say, would taking 1000 or 1500mg of APAP everyday for 3 weeks hurt my liver or kidneys at all? I know a lot of people wouldn’t worry about this, but I pretty much am a full-blown hypochondriac so I freak out. I’ve thought about doing a Cold Water Extraction so I could get a higher dose but from other postings I’ve read online, CWE’s are only useful if you want an extreme amount of hydro and that it would be a waste of time for me bc at most I could only see myself taking 4 or 5 so only 2000mg-2500mg APAP.
So I have two main questions. Obviously I’ll never go above 4 g of APAP, but can daily use of low-moderate APAP (around 1000-2000mg) hurt your liver/kidneys as well? Also, can someone explain step by step and precisely how to do a CWE? From what I’ve surmised it goes like this: crush the pills into powder, pour into a cup of lukewarm water. Put in freezer for 20-30 min, stirring occasionally. Get a second cup and put a single coffee filter over it. Take the 1st cup out of the fridge and pour the contents through the filter, the APAP will be solid and will not be able to pass. If I do it correctly my concoction should taste like sh*t lol. To restate my questions:
-Can daily use of 1000mg to 2000mg of APAP affect your liver or kidneys if used for 3 weeks or so?
-At what point is it necessary to do a CWE? I am not a hardcore Vicodin user and could never see myself taking more than 4 or 5 pills at once, so I personally have concluded it is not necessary but I am not sure.
-Am I missing anything in my CWE process? What should I do more specifically? I know my filtering will not be perfect, so how much APAP should I expect to remain?
Thanks

I'm not sure about your "too much APAP" question. However, I would think that if you are planning on using for weeks at a time, a CWE might be the trick. Here is my no nonsense method.

1. Take a large shot glass (a double shot) with a heavy, thick bottom (this is very important to have the thick bottom for freezing purposes).

2. Dissolve finely crushed pills into HOT water in the shot glass. Carefully mix and completely dissolve the solution.

3. Put the shot glass in the refrigerator. All of the APAP will fall out of the solution onto the bottom of the glass.

4. Put the shot glass into the freezer for about 10 minutes. This part takes careful timing and is why you want a shot glass with a thick bottom. The apap will freeze to the bottom of the glass before the liquid on top freezes. The liquid can then be drank off the top while the frozen disk of APAP remains stuck to the bottom.

I find the coffee filter method to be very messy. The liquid tends to soak over the edge of the glass and get everywhere, thus wasting valuable psychotropics. The freezing method is clean and simple.

BTW, opiates are highly addictive and fairly dangerous in high doses. Use with caution.

Status
Not open for further replies.