View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Very Strange Trip

Earlsweatshirt

Greenlighter
On friday night swim and two of his friends dropped acid. Swim is fairly experienced with psychedelics. He had tripped 4 times, twice on two tabs and twice on four tabs. Swims first trip was not on lsd. The tabs were claimed to be lsa. The other three trips the blotters did not have taste and were claimed to be lsd. Swim is a fairly heavy weed smoker and has been on and off for over 3 years. The last few months swim has been the heaviest smoker he has ever been and has been using primarily dabs for the last few weeks. When with friends swim can easily go through a zip or a couple grams of wax in a night. Anyways, the night before swim dropped he and his two friends that would subsequently drop with him the next day were all hanging out with 3 other friends, two of whom were tripping on the same lsd as swim would the next day. One of the friends took 5 tabs and the other who had never tripped before took 2. Everybody was smoking aside from the two trippers and everything was going great. The trippers were having fun with their trips, wandering around looking at things, listening to music, sometimes talking. Then about 3 hours or so into the trip the guy on 5 tabs sucker punched one of the friends with swim and proceeded to be somewhat wild and very aggressive. He was talking and able to respond the whole time and he was coaxed into going home with the two he came with. He said that he got scared and had an adrenaline rush on acid and that is why he punched the friend. So the next day, being dumb and arrogant, my friend and Swim took 5 tabs while the other friend took 3. The trip started fine as any and they went to a forested park to hang out in nature. Swim was tripping hard and having an awesome time, time went by fast though and swims memory of the whole time is kind of blurred probably due to all of the excess stimulation to his brain. Anyways we left the park and went to one of the friends places for the night and things began to get weird. Suddenly swim began to believe the world around him was a product of his own consciousness. He thought nothing around him was real. He began tripping out in his own head very hard. This was torture for swim. He was very upset and deeply scared but he didnt say anything to anybody because he was too deep into his head trip. Swim was also very tired at this point late in the night. The trip became excessively strange and hazy after swim took a very large dab. One of the biggest swim had every taken. Swim threw up. Swim took this dab thinking it was not real. He urinated on the ground in the house. Swim would go long times saying nothing and going through hell in his head. He thought that his whole life had been fake and that he was only now realizing it. He began having similar bad trip thoughts he had had on shrooms months earlier only this time it was worse. For hours swim laid down seeking an end to his own thoughts. Things were very dark in his head amd some of his thoughts were hard to explain. It was horrible because swim was very tired and dabbed out but the sheer amount of lsd in his system refused to let him sleep and instead had him laying in deep dark fucked up acid thought for hours. He thought the universe was empty and he was just experiencing a blip. He thought his friends were figments of bis imagination. He was scared they would dissappear. Suddenly around 7 am swim realized as he was talking to his friend that everything was real. The things his friend was saying began making sense again. Swim had no recollection of a good chunk of the trip specifically how he had gotten to the house. Swim thinks the reason he may have had a bad trip is because he had no idea how he had gotten to his friends house and must have started to think he couldnt be there in real life and it was his own head. Nothing had been explained to him or at least nothing he remembered as he was tripping the hardest he had in his entire life. Swim still does not remember driving to the house or anything. Anyways when swim realized this he was relieved to an extent. Both of his friends found sleep and swim began dabbing since he was not tired. Swim must not have realized how much lsd was still in his system because he began to think again that maybe the world around him was really fake after all and swim was getting used to the madness again. The dabs made swim scared again and brought back the lonely trippiness. Swim was very anxious and on edge and having weird thoughts the whole next day. Life's monotony and meaninglessness really sunk in for him. He had many realizations that ruined how he lived his life. Swims friend who had taken 5 also confessed to having weird thoughts amd having a bad trip. He said th acid fucked him up. 48 hours after dropping swim continues to be anxious. He sees no purpose in life and lays around all day trying hopelessly to find some sort of entertainment. Swim is still tired and depressed 3 days later. Swim could not provide all of the details or how horrible the trip really was since he cannot put it into words. The bad pwrt of the trip as well as the entire next day was the one of the worst things swim has gone through.it was that intense. Swim slept about 30 hours after droppng the acid. Now swim feels lost. Any help would be appreciated, advice or even trip interpretation.

You're not alone, this type of experience is not unheard of - right now there's another thread here on PD of a guy experiencing the same.

The questioning that lies behind this - "how can I be sure that what I experience is not just an illusion, since I am limited to my own subjective experience?" - is very important IMO. I think you're gonna have to find an answer to this puzzle, learn how to deal with such possibility, but I'm afraid you'll have to do it on your own, since you're bound to be skeptic of anything others tell you.

Something which I believe could help you a lot in dealing with this feeling - I know it certainly helped me a lot - is connecting deeply with someone else. You know, having one of those interactions where you simply feel understood, comprehended by the other, beyond words or any doubts. If I were you I would try as hard as I could to talk to people about it - expose your doubts and fears, this way you'll connect and the feeling of loneliness might subside.

And don't stress about feeling terrible right now. Bad trips do that, it takes time to heal. It doesn't have to be the end of the world, and if you overcome this, I believe you'll come out with a new perspective on everything - this'll probably teach you a lot.

Lastly, we don't use SWIM here, for the record.

Thanks for everything you are saying. I deeply appreciate it. Right now I'm just super anxious. I keep feeling lime I might still see some weird acid things like letters are still kind of wavy and shit. I'm scared to try to sleep or get deep into thought. Work is tomorrow morning and I am scared to try to sleep. I think it is because the last two days trying to sleep has been kind of traumatic

In a sense, everything actually is your own creation. We manifest our own realities, whether you believe it in a true cosmic sense, or simply that our own personal perspectives lead to us experiencing life in a totally different way than someone experiencing the same outer stimuli might. That being said, the "bad trip" you experienced of your friends being your own creation, is in a sense real. Except that it's not because they are their own beings. That's the paradox of it.

In regards to feeling like acid has fucked you up and you can no longer live your life as you have, we've all been through that as well. You have - as Huxley termed - opened the doors of perception, and once opened they can never be closed again. The key now is to integrate your experience and find those new ways in which you will find peace and happiness. Without knowing you or your life it's hard to give any more insight into how that may look, but if you'd be open to sharing more about the aspects of your life that you've become disillusioned with, some of the realizations that have "fucked you up", etc. I'd be willing to try and share any of my own insights that may be of service to you.

Thanks a lot psy997! After that bad trip I stopped smoking weed, partially due to my own intuition and partially due to dodging some upcoming drug tests. I did come out of that trip with a fresh perspective after enough recovery time. I completely understand what you're saying, also. The biggest thing I think that I learned is that the whole world really is in a sense a product of your mind and consciousness. This helped me to realize the insignificance of many things that stress us out. It helped me to realize a lot of ideas I had had before but in a much more real sense. Such as that to be internally happy we cannot rely on external circumstance because that happiness is superficial. It must really come from within. It is something I still am learning to fully appreciate. I am taking care of myself through diet and exercise, and preparing for school which starts in a few days. I look forward to observing people and their behaviors and attempting to learn from them. I fully realize how our thoughts and intuitions are really completely based on our own subjective experiences and have kind of realized that almost everything we think isn't truly correct but we make it true to ourselves and that is kind of the essence of the human mind. The thing I have struggled with lately is getting over the monotony of life. Even though I have lots of things going on in my life right now they all just seem to be distractions until death. I've also given death a lot more thought lately and the uncertainty of it is pretty unsettling. So about 3 weeks after my last trip my friends and I actually tripped at my house. It was a great trip! I did 3 and a half tabs, but it felt like some of the cleanest purest lsd I had taken. The visuals were very intense, it was a rainy night and my friend and I took a walk to the lake by my house and it was one of the most incredible and visual things I have ever experienced. Anyway the trip was going great, I had a great time with my friends but about 4 hours after my drop I lost my sense of reality again. I have no idea how this happened. I theorize that we were all so tired by about 4 or 5 am we stopped talking to each other and with such a tired body but overstinulayed mind you lay down and your thoughts go in circles and I again thought everything around me was fake and a product of the mind. I thought that somehow my mind had slipped the cycle and became self aware of the fake memories planted into my head. I accepted it though and experienced a sort of ego death I believe. I'm not quite sure though. It wasn't bad at all compared to my last trip. In fact it wasn't even really a bad trip, I just lost sense of reality. I was able to sleep and recovered quickly from it. The day after I kind of in my head swore off psychedelics and drug use for "a long time" but now a week after the trip I am craving a trip more than I can remember ever doing so in the past. I am worried that I am risking such things as hppd and other adverse effects. I really don't know what I should do as far as this goes. Half of me wants to wait a couple months and half of me wants to trip as soon as it logistically makes sense. Anyway any input on anything I said above, any personal stories, philosophies, advice, or anything else are welcomed! Please reply

Hi Earlsweatshirt

I had the same experience a few times; it didn't scared me enough to try to put it off, so I researched it instead, and one of the things that helped me a lot to integrate it was to read the following note and its comments. Please, let me know if there anything you find hard to understand or you disagree with anything, good luck:
https://www.facebook.com/notes/henry-chinaski/gnostic-light/316311165085712