• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Very bizarre trip. Looking for some insight.

theyoyoman

Greenlighter
I had a really bizarre trip recently and I'm struggling to make sense of it. And I was hoping some of you could help me. Why/how could this happen? I didn't even know this could happen at this low of a dose plus my set and setting were pretty good. Anyways it's a little long. I broke it into sections.
Thanks!

THE APARTMENT

So this was my girlfriend’s (let’s call her Hailey) second time doing LSD, and probably around my sixth time. So we each took 250ug (my usual dose) around noon at her apartment. We were watching Netflix as we waited for it to comeup. About 45 mins-an hour later we started to feel it. Hailey was a little overwhelmed at first, namely because of the visuals. I was more used to it so I expected to feel exactly how I was feeling. She got over it soon after.

At first we just sat and let the effects sink in more, then we decided to put on some music. We had a great time dancing, playing around, showering, and just enjoying the ride. Although throughout these last couple hours at some moments it was a little difficult for us to gather our thoughts and communicate to each other. So after a while I started cleaning and organizing the apartment a bit, while the music was still going. For some reason I thought to myself that if the place was less cluttered and organized so would our thoughts be.

This is when things start to get weird. It’s a little fuzzy in my memory and hard to remember why or how I got to this mindset. For reasons that I can’t explain or make clear to myself right now, I kept telling Hailey to relax, to stop thinking about what to do but just do, to let the music flow through her. It slowly magnified but after a few minutes all of a sudden I thought to myself that I was overheating or overdosing, and that I was stuck in some kind of LSD virtual world or something. I ran out of the room and down the stairs in a panic, practically falling down the stairs. I think I even ran back up and down again. I wasn’t sure what was most important but I kept shouting at Hailey and switching back and forth from “Make sure you’re not naked!” and “hide the money and drugs!”

THE PARKING LOT

I finally ran outside and around the parking lot in my underwear screaming for someone to give me water. Hailey kept coming after me and telling me to go back inside but I wouldn’t listen for whatever reason. I kept running back and forth, and one moment I’d stop and think I was ok, but all of a sudden I’d start panicking again and resumed running. And that happened about 3 or 4 times. At some point, which I barely remember, I even managed to get my bong from inside the apartment and throw it on the ground in the parking lot. I was throwing my clothes too, begging people for water. No one would give it to me. I also had a moment where I thought I had to throw myself on top of a car some some reason. I almost threw myself on top of several expensive cars. Thankfully I only actually did it on my girlfriend's car. Then a few assholes started filming me with their phones and asking me how much that water was worth. Thank god I didn’t have cash on me but I was prepared to pay $1,500 for some fucking cold water. They kept fuckin’ with me and kept asking me what I was prepared to give up. At this point I thought I was about to die if I didn’t get any water soon. I had nothing on me but my phone and I kept grasping it tight. And this is when shit started to get really strange…

My entire life and existence started coming into play at this moment. Also things started to get very spiritual. I used to be a lot more conservative and religious in the past, but am more agnostic now. And conviction started coming upon me about that too. I was sure I was either gonna die, or get arrested, lose my job (that I had just gotten), and go to prison for a really, really long time and get drug charges on my record and be fucked for the rest of my life. I had fucked up, I had failed everyone- God, my parents, my friends, my girlfriend.. everyone. I didn’t wanna give up my phone. I gave up my clothes, money (or thought I did), but my phone had everything in it. All of my personal information and pictures I didn’t want anyone ever to see. I felt I was a very selfish person and that material possessions was more important to me than my girlfriend or anything else.

Meanwhile I heard sirens coming from a distance. I thought firetrucks and the local news was on their way there to capture my downfall. I kept looking at Hailey and apologizing... I had to decide what was more important, myself, the love of my life, or God. Finally I threw my phone on the ground, and announced that Hailey was the most important to me. Then I would say God is... and kept going back and forth from Hailey to God. I wasn’t sure which one at first. In my head I had to pick one. In my heart I knew it was God but I couldn’t do it at first. After a few minutes I finally did it. I think I even screamed “JESUS IS THE ONE!” or some crazy shit like that.

And this is when it really gets fucked up. I was about to die because no one had given me that cold water. This is really crazy but I felt myself becoming skinnier and my veins popping out. I could feel my heart in my hand slowly beating and dying. Then I finally died. I even remember waiting and thinking to myself about when I was gonna see the light and leave the world. Then the cops showed up soon after and that’s when everything became a blur. They put me in handcuffs. I didn’t know they were cops. I thought that they were aliens coming to transfer my soul to another dimension. Apparently I wasn’t responding to them verbally, but I could have sworn that what they were saying sounded alien like. I think even the colors that I was seeing were different at this point. I was pretty much out of it the whole time they were questioning me. Apparently Hailey was in a similar state (not responding). I found out later I also got a bit hostile with the cops which I don’t remember.

THE AMBULANCE/HOSPITAL

Then they strapped me inside an ambulance and drove me to the hospital with Hailey inside. I don’t remember them putting me inside the ambulance but I do remember laying there, screaming. I was still under the impression they were transporting me to the afterlife. I had visions of my grave and my death. I once again felt myself becoming thinner and my veins popping out, feeling my heart in my hand slowly beating and dying. What’s insane to me is that Hailey told me that she saw this happen. She saw me becoming thinner in front of her eyes. She told me she was very scared and distressed. I don’t know how that would even be possible. It’s mind boggling.

After this the next thing I remember is waking up at the hospital a few minutes later and not remembering anything. The nurse was telling me to pee in a cup and asking for my name and who the girl that came with me was. What girl? I couldn’t remember anything. I kept asking him if I had died. Then I thought to myself that I probably had taken too many drugs and overdosed or something. But gradually over the next few minutes I started to remember everything and I felt normal again. The nurse told me they had given me some kind of sedative or something in the ambulance.

Hailey was in the room across from me. They didn’t let us see each other and that was distressing her a lot. Apparently she wasn’t responding to them and felt very anxious. They told me at that point I was responding more than her. After about 30 mins-an hour they let her see me. She was fine at that point and so was I. They released us shortly and we got a cab back to her apartment and that was it. And thank god we weren't charged with anything.

I know LSD shows you what you need to see and not what you want to see and I learned quite a bit from this experience. But how I can I be safe in the future? Obviously I can’t be running around in the street, getting arrested. It made my girlfriend and I more hesitant to do LSD in the future. What’s the best way to prevent something like this and enjoy taking LSD safety?

Thanks.

Do things as you must... Psychedelics are yourself, they'll allow you to see the past, the present, the furture, and all things combined. They'll let you see what you could've been and can be... Use this info as you must!

Have the proper precuatoniary meds on hand! Don't forgo until your ready again, to take the trip, be careful, and start slow!

Crazy story, good that no permanent damage came out of it. Personally I wouldn't take LSD again, if I had a reaction to it like that. LSD or even psychedelics in general just isn't for everyone......Sadly.

I don't believe that there's neccesarily some deeper meaning to what happened to you. I mean, if there was something in all that madness that you can use to evolve, then that's great. At least it doesn't make it all bad then.

Seems to be just an idiosyncratic reaction. Difficult to say how to avoid that. Honestly, with just 6 prior trips, I wouldn't say that you are very experienced. (unless you've taken other psy's before of cause)

If you do decide to take LSD again, start with a smaller dose. Know you drug, know you dose, know your source etc. My best advice though, would be to maybe look into trying some other psychededelic, like mescaline or 2C-B for insance, if you really have to trip.

Take care :)

Last edited:
Similar things have happened to friends of mine on similar doses. It's just an unfortunate, unlucky state that the brain can slip into on LSD. I wouldn't think too much of it, it's not your fault and it's not the acid's fault. Usually this reaction doesn't repeat it's self in my experience, I even heard of someone having a bad trip like yours and then proceeding to trip 3 days later and have a good trip. As long as people are around to keep you indoors it's not too much trouble, although I have been punched in the face and spat on because my friend couldn't tell where he was, or who I was.

I know this isn't answering your question but the folks above have probably covered it adequately. You said set and setting were pretty good and that you considered 250mics a fairly low dose.

Well FWIW, I think many experienced trippers would consider 250 mics a medium dose - and one at which the experience could go pretty weird if the triggers are there (personally I find any level of dose weird - that's what I love about acid). Given how vendors have a tendency to inflate the dose, what is often thought to be, say 250 mics, may well be significantly lower - if you then really get 250 mics then you get to appreciate just how awesome a substance LSD is. The setting sounds like it might have been pretty close to civilization - the parking lot seemed pretty close! Set, which is your psychological/emotional/ spiritual/etc. state prior to dosing is often thought of as being how you are at the moment - but it sounds like your past (religious and conservative) might of course have left a legacy which lurks somewhere in the background.

So as the posters above have said, maybe try a bit lower - especially if you are near to other humans and in a place where if you crack up someone is liable to call the medics or worse still the police.

LoL - no wonder people think acid makes people crazy =D.

250 mcg of LSD is not a "low" dose by any means. LSD you've taken in the past might not have been as strong as you thought it was. Did you reagent test it? Was it 250 mcg on one blotter or was it multiple blotters? Had you taken LSD from this sheet/strip/batch before?

As has been mentioned, the way to avoid this is to lower your dose.

I've had a very similar experience to you on 300ug of LSD. I thought that reality was a joke played on me, and I was going to commit suicide in order to enact a whole mass genocide of all life.
It was by far a very scary experience, most of it I can't put into words, being aware of being in all these different realities.

I think what it came down to for me was being in a bad state of mind at the time, and also this was only my second time doing LSD.
I've had 20 trips since then and they have all been good, fun experiences. The best way I avoid a bad time, is by meditating and listening to music that is chill, nothing that gets too crazy (although I love listening to crazy music like Death Grips on LSD sometimes).
Also if you start practicing basic mindfulness meditation now then it will be easier to enter a zen state when feeling anxiety on a psychedelic. Let your thoughts pass like clouds. Nothing is real and nothing to get hung about...strawberry fields forever.

250 mcg of LSD is not a "low" dose by any means. LSD you've taken in the past might not have been as strong as you thought it was. Did you reagent test it? Was it 250 mcg on one blotter or was it multiple blotters? Had you taken LSD from this sheet/strip/batch before?

As has been mentioned, the way to avoid this is to lower your dose.
Yes I always reagent test it and all of my acid has come from the same source. Each blotter contains about 125ug.

Similar things have happened to friends of mine on similar doses. It's just an unfortunate, unlucky state that the brain can slip into on LSD. I wouldn't think too much of it, it's not your fault and it's not the acid's fault. Usually this reaction doesn't repeat it's self in my experience, I even heard of someone having a bad trip like yours and then proceeding to trip 3 days later and have a good trip. As long as people are around to keep you indoors it's not too much trouble, although I have been punched in the face and spat on because my friend couldn't tell where he was, or who I was.
Well I sure hope there's nothing more to it. Some people are telling me to stop taking acid and I really don't want to lol. I love acid. Hopefully this won't happen again. I'll try to be more careful next time.

I've had a very similar experience to you on 300ug of LSD. I thought that reality was a joke played on me, and I was going to commit suicide in order to enact a whole mass genocide of all life.
It was by far a very scary experience, most of it I can't put into words, being aware of being in all these different realities.

I think what it came down to for me was being in a bad state of mind at the time, and also this was only my second time doing LSD.
I've had 20 trips since then and they have all been good, fun experiences. The best way I avoid a bad time, is by meditating and listening to music that is chill, nothing that gets too crazy (although I love listening to crazy music like Death Grips on LSD sometimes).
Also if you start practicing basic mindfulness meditation now then it will be easier to enter a zen state when feeling anxiety on a psychedelic. Let your thoughts pass like clouds. Nothing is real and nothing to get hung about...strawberry fields forever.
Hmm that's interesting. Thanks for the advice. Hopefully that wont happen to me again.

Have you considered trying LSD with MDMA?
Over many years, I've found that MDMA really consistently keeps your acid trip on a positive level.
Mdma and LSD are like peanut butter & jam!!!

Have you considered trying LSD with MDMA?
Over many years, I've found that MDMA really consistently keeps your acid trip on a positive level.
Mdma and LSD are like peanut butter & jam!!!
Yes, I've been meaning to candyflip sometime. How much MDMA do you use?

I would recommend even just 100mg.
That's enough to keep the trip really positive, but I would dose the LSD first and the Mdma about an hour after.
Edit:
Also, the 2 are very synergistic so I would also consider taking less LSD.

I would recommend even just 100mg.
That's enough to keep the trip really positive, but I would dose the LSD first and the Mdma about an hour after.
Edit:
Also, the 2 are very synergistic so I would also consider taking less LSD.
ok cool.. because I've actually been trying to just roll recently with not much success. I've tried it twice now, second time doing 170mg and was very disappointed with the effects.

I don't do this but I ought to - what type of test kit is best for MDMA, or does it not matter much? I have only come across Mecke kit before but I can see that there are a whole bunch available
Ideally all three, Mecke, Marquis, and Mandelin are best to have but I believe any of the three will reliably test for MDMA.
After that, there are MDMA purity tests that'll tell you how cut your M is.
(If at all)