View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Vaporizing 25i-NBOMe

SONN

Bluelighter
yesterday me and a friend of mine decided to experiment with some 25i-NBOMe. We had read an experience report or two of people vaporizing it and I personally wanted to give it a try. We made a lightbulb vape. Because my friend doesn't have a microgram scale, we first tried to dissolve it into ethanol solution and vaporize that. It tasted like listerine and produced no immediate results.
So then we decided we would just put an extremely small amount, pretty much the smallest amount we could get, into the vape and try just vaping that. We used the tip of a pen cap to get a tiny amount in, but we probably could have used a better method and gotten significantly less in. I lit the bulb up until I saw vapor and started to draw in.
Before I even exhaled, I looked over at my friend A and said, ' i'm tripping.' Because a surge of CEV invaded my visual plane. I felt as though I was being swept off of my feet and I asked somebody to take the vaporizer before I drop it. I walked into another room and proceeded to tell everyone in there that I was tripping like way harder than an 8th of shrooms already and it's literally been like 40 seconds.
I decided to sit down and when I did a 3 dimensional grid formed across the room in the space in front of me distorting itself. My sense of space more or less disintegrated right then and there. The walls looked like endless space. I tell everyone that I have to lie down. This is still a little less than three minutes after the hit. My friend A directs me towards his bed. As I get up trails appear on EVERYTHING. They started out with pink wiry ones when I got up but when I laid down they became really fast and much fuller with shades of green and yellow and magenta and light blue. When these almost rainbow-like trails were surrounding my entire field of vision everything around me started to change textures and densities.
I looked at my hand and saw planes going through it exposing different layers and textures of skin cells and stuff. Eventually I was entirely overwhelmed because the incredible speed of all of this was unlike anything I'd even imagined visuals to be. I was struck with really bad ego-loss. I started to feel uncomfortable because I was afraid that I'd somehow inhaled fumes with the 25i. I warned A not to do the lightbulb vape. Then something strange happened and I was under the impression there was some sort of elaborate plot against me, kind of like the Truman Show (yes, the Jim Carrey movie).
In the midst of this I experienced a type of visual that I had only previously ever seen from Salvia Divinorum, where 3-d forms moving like gears inside clockwork are spinning around, but each of the rivets of the gears are seemingly situations or parallel universes. I was inside one of these spinning situational portal things peering out at other ones spinning past and something was tempting me to warn whomever was in those places not to hit the lightbulb vape hahaha. About 40 minutes after taking the hit I was able to sit up in bed and think a bit lucidly, although I still had crazy trails all over the place and uncanny visual distortions and patterns. My friend A about 20 minutes into me going crazy on his bed decides to snort roughly 500 micrograms of 25i put into ethanol solution. He gagged because it was like snorting listerine, but otherwise it wasn't too unpleasant. almost an hour and ten minutes in we decide to hit A's bong and head to a Jazz performance. Outside I experienced lots of residual visual effects but had a relatively lucid headspace most of the journey; it lasted almost 9 hours but there were only a few hours of real real intensity. A had an amazing trip.

I wouldn't recommend anyone vaporizing an unknown quantity like I did but I think if you could weigh out just like 200 mics, maybe less and vape that it would be really awesome and instantaneous.

Mod edit: seriously DO NOT DO THIS. The story may sound successful to you but never eyeball a potent psychedelic, especially not one of the most potent ones out there! It can be very dangerous!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the report (and sort of warning). Pushing NBOMes too far is such a sketchy feeling. Most unpleasant indeed. Glad you made it through. How much do you think you vape'd?

hmm, that was irresponsible but made me think about trying 25C vaporization (of a measured amount, of course). Nice description of the visual activity, thanks.

When you measured out the powder, how much you thought it was ? Less than 1mg ?

Thinking about it now I would say the amount of powder in it might have been ~1.5 mg but probably less. It was way higher of a dose than intended. I saw a tiny spec of powder fall into the bulb and then just told A to dump the rest of the pencap in it anyways. I wanted it to work better than the failed ethanol vaporizing that we tried 30 mins earlier.

I keep remembering bits and pieces from the first crazy 40 minutes. The ceiling in his room was that white popcorn style dorm ceiling. all of the little popcorn shadows on the ceiling grew outward and changed colors and started to spin in a circle just a little bit. My friend A was smiling at me and planes started going through his head in a similar fashion to what was happening on my hands, I saw like his skin disintegrate off of some parts of his face as a 2-d plane went through his head but then that 2-d plane had trails with like 5 other 2-d planes on it and they would change his face even more as each one passed through. When I stared upwards while laying on my back I would get the sensation of falling and the intensity of the trails would get a lot crazier and it would look like everything was really really far away in comparison to the ridiculous amounts of trails I was experiencing with more or less the entire spectrum of light contained within themselves. It was definitely the most instantaneously crazy psychedelic experience of my life thus far, although I've never tried DMT.

Hey all, I just used this same meathod of vaping with a lightbuleb. Definitly the best way to get the most out of this drug for sure I'd say.

However getting the dosage right is indeed very sketchy. I did the same thing just putting a very small amount of 25C-NBOME in the bulb and taking two very small tokes. The come up is almost instant. Seems like a very promising compound.

From another post on this forum

"Vapourised, as HCl salt (freebase sometimes shows signs of decomposition if vapourising):
threshold ~ 30ug, +2 @ 50ug, +3 @ 150ug. Reduced duration. Favourite method for author.

When smoked the duration is about 2 hours less IME, come up is very rapid, peaking within 5 minutes. Be very careful doing this. Don't even think about doing this without a microgram scale. It is however very awesome."

Interesting what you say about the Truman show. I recently tripped with someone I thought to be a close friend, only to end up sprinting across town at 2am, shedding almost all my clothes and fearing for my life. I sincerely believe the whole time I'd known my friend he had been plotting to murder me and then commit suicide. It was fucking intense to say the least.

I also experienced bizarre, amazing, wonderful, beautiful, mind-blowing visuals. I believed I had died and moved on to the after life the visuals were so intense. And I'm no psychedelic noob.

This stuff is one serious chemical, albeit a spiritual one.

this drug can saturate your visual receptors in a snap

I don't think vaporization is too smart because it's too hard too gauge if you have vaporized everything at a given point and upon reloading your vaporization apparatus you might imbibe a residual part of the dose from before.

yea I would recommend thoroughly cleaning your pipe often or if you use 'the machine' use new steel wool for each different drug you vaporize and clean it often

Christ Almighty on Crackers SONN, that must've been an interesting first 40 seconds. I can't say I'm surprised at your results. I don't think I'd fuck with it, though. I mean, even if you HAD a microgram scale, just that first few dozen seconds where you're coming up and you just know the uncertainty in dosage is like few others yet you've already vaped the shit so there ain't no going back -- not the best "set" to kick things off with (not least with a drug class that's produced restraint-and-arm-bone-breaking seizure reports lately, heh). I don't know if I'd trust any experience that followed that as being what it might've been with a drug where I had more certainty going in if you know what I mean ... seems like the antechamber to Paranoia Manor. Maybe that's part of what colored your experience. Also, I would definitely NOT use "The Machine" for it. Trying to melt (or otherwise spread in solvent) such a small amount over steel wool and be sure it all got where you wanted without dripping to the glass cuff and depositing extra for next time would be an act of faith (yeah, there are "ways" to be a lot more sure, there's no doubt, but it'd always sort of be lurking in the background for me I'd think).

Last edited:
I made the warning more explicit, nobody should attempt to use this compound unless blotters containing it can be titrated or a proper method of applying it to a carrier can be used, always employing a scale.
Vaporizing does not seem safe to me, but increasing dosage accuracy may be done the same way JWH compounds are used i.e. crumbling herbs to a fine carrier and letting a volumetrically measured solution of the drug dry on to it. Mix and stir while this is done and assume the bottom of your container will get a film of the drug that should be cleaned immediately and without risk of ingestion.
Using a carrier seems to be better than randomly eyeballing but I remain very concerned about the abuse of this drug by people without proper equipment or understanding of techniques.

Invest in a scale! Invest time in understanding how to use something like this safely. The risks are not well known but you should assume that a mistake has a significant probability of harming you physically or psychologically.

Also I added interpunction to the OP, please start using it yourself from now on SONN otherwise your posts are unreadable.

I now have a scale, I made this thread back when I first joined bl. Not a micro gram one but I don't have any more 25i to freebase anyways. I still think that this method is good for those trying to get the most visual mileage for their dollar tho

because a lot of people that I know that trip recreationally often feel ripped off because they never get that many visuals from the doses they get, but this method can literally saturate your visual receptor in minutes.

I saw what you might be able to call 'gnomes' at the ends of some of the trails dancing in an indian type manner with balls of light within the geometric patterns at some points.

some of it was a little too ridiculous and overstimulating though I will admit that's why throughout that entire report I say you should try and get a tiny dose

I admit this was very foolish of me that's why I immediately took it upon myself to write a trip report and make sure any crazy asshole who decides to do this knows what they could be in for. In the name of hr!

Last edited:
People should be less focussed on their visuals per dollar ratio and more on their safety index.

Just like snorting 2C-E and 2C-P to me is really either stupid and irresponsible or cheap and greedy. If you don't have that much money, just trip less often for gods sake. It's not worth risking your health over.

Your intentions may be in order SONN, but this report can be taken the wrong way - you wouldn't believe how negative the descriptions, stories and reports can be and still serve as an example for others. I had a housemate who read a Bromo-dragonfly train wreck and thought it would be an interesting experience to get 'wrecked' so to speak.
Either that kind of people are nihilists or they are not mature enough to handle these kinds of chemicals. In any case something like that is asking for a tragedy.

Please don't post something if you have 3 more postful of things to say, I'm not going to keep mopping up after you. :p :)

Please nobody ever do this. Please.

Smoke DMT instead.

I can't believe I ever even tried to make this sound okay :| I hardly remember making any of the later posts on this due to the immense brainfog that came from this experience. The only reason I was happy with this experience whatsoever is the stimulating afterglow I got from walking around new york city with my friends who were trying to make me feel better after the crazy shit I had just gone through. I also remember for a few weeks or months afterwards I thought that somehow 25i had been "using" my body to channel some sort of information out of the collective subconscious or something, which is definitely pretty delusional sounding.

also, excuse me soli for being such a sloppy poster at the time, wow I was dumb.

People should be less focussed on their visuals per dollar ratio and more on their safety index.

Can't stress this enough.

Last edited: