• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Valium, Risperidone, Adderall, Coffee

Nathan33334

Greenlighter
Hey I'm on all of these things; all are prescriptions. I'm currently tapering off of Valium I'm at 6.25mg. It wasn't unbearable before but since going down from 7.5mg its been hell. It sounds stupid but I'm very physically dependant on coffee; I have been since highschool, I get headaches and just feel bored without it. Adderall helps me focus and fights the sedation aswell; it's a nice distraction from the bento withdrawal but it makes me more anxious at the same time. I don't take an anti depressant; but I take 5htp currently to help with depression. I'm on a second tranquilizer; a major one though an antipsychotic risperidone. I'm staying on it until I'm off the valium at least; then I'll talk to my psychiatrist. Her plan was to reduce the valium in half every second week until I'm off of it. When I reduced my dose to 5mg it was too severe so I changed it too 6.25 mg which is better but still crappy. It's a bit of a jigsaw to get off; I'm just wondering if anyone has any suggestions i can tell my holistic psychiatrist. I know I take too many stimulants already; I might have to part with taking adderall everyday at least. I'm also on a lot of vitamins.

I'v been through more minor valium withdrawals and Orlanzapine withdraw before so I'm used too feeling uncomfortable in your own skin. I'm just glad I can still feel pleasure in the midst of these withdrawals.

Hey, it's great that you're gradually tapering down and trying to come off, well done! What was the reason you were prescribed so many meds in the first place?

To be honest it sounds like the process you're on right now is the right one. I'd keep at it, and if you find it too hard, reduce the doses more slowly. I wouldn't recommend adding other drugs to counteract withdrawals unless strictly necessary, because you'll simply end up playing a game of cat and mouse, shifting from one drug to the next as you recover from the last one.

The one thing I absolutely would recommend if you don't do it already though: exercise. One of the best drugs around to help with withdrawals and depression :)

I'v had a moderate brain injury; it's a long story tbh but the amphetamines are for focus and I had a few psychotic episodes which often happen after brain injuries. My old psychiatrist diagnosed me bipolar, but my psychiatric history is perfect before my brain injury so I don't agree; either way though Im okay with wearing that label it doesn't really matter to me. I'v been on and off antipsychotics for the past 3 and a half years; I don't like the fact that they block my pleasure receptors, make me feel more bored and seem to zombify me, but the'v helped stabilize me for sure. As for exercise I do :) but I'v gotten away from it recently. I go to the gym or do a quick workout in the basement often. I haven't ran much since being sedated from the valium and risperidone; I'm also kinda scared of having a heart attack haha is this dangerous? I'm 5'10 about 200 pounds . I was very fit before being put on the risperidone and gaining weight, I'm still fit but not like how I was. I really should be in the 170-180 pound range.

Do you think its safe and wise to keep using the Aderall? I can go without it, unlike coffee but it helps with the boredom and functioning. Also the other factor having all of these together is it's causing me stomach problems.