• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

using seroquel to sleep after ice (methamphetamine)

Tyrielle

Bluelighter
Hey guys just wondering is it safe to use seroquel after smoking just 1 point of ice? I had my last puff half an hour ago. I have 200mg tablets how many do u think ill need im not very tolerant to the seroquel only had em a few times

IR or XR?

maybe wait until you are coming down, then take 25-50mg IR or 50-75mg XR

iv used seros for sleep b4 but havent used it to comedown from meth, so maybe wait for someone else to chime in

Start with 25mg, it normally knocks me out for a solid 8 hours (although sometimes I wake up after as little as 4), even if I've just dosed... If it doesn't work, I'd suggest waiting a while as Mysterie said and trying 25-50mg again.

Ok ill wait a couple hours then take like a quarter of the 200mg XR tablet. Its just i remember someone saying it can fuck with your cardiovascular using shit to force sleep while on stimulants

I've been using benzos/antipsychotics to sleep after stimulants for ages (in fact, I make sure I have them on hand for the convenient sleep/appetite-inducing properties otherwise I go nuts and get angry while coming down). Pretty sure it wouldn't fuck with your cardiovascular system anymore than high doses of ice would

IMO there's nothing more effective than taking seroquel to sleep after methamphetamine. Seroquel would always knock me flat out after methamphetamine even when there'd been no chance of sleep otherwise. I believe it is because seroquel's dopamine antagonist action counters methamphetamine's effect. I think like Irvine said a low dose will be sufficient...even a quarter of a 200mg pill could be overkill for someone with no tolerance. Try an 8th so you're taking 25mg as Irvine said.

I don't believe there are any major contraindications between seroquel and meth, but it's hard to find much info on this subject. I too think you should wait longer before taking one though. I would always take seroquel well into the come down...never as soon as an hour after a puff. Whether it's based in any truth or not it always felt bad to me to take something to force myself down when still high on stimulants. Not to mention I wanted to experience the buzz as long as possible, and I always liked feeling scattered too.

The myth that mixing stimulants and depressants is dangerous to your cardiovascular system is, well, a myth. The heart isn't a piece of string which snaps if you try to pull it in opposite directions, instead it just adjusts it's rate depending on the messages it receives from your brain, which depends on the quantity of stimulants in your system v. the quantity of depressants in your system. More uppers, HR goes up, more downers, HR goes down. Generally speaking anyway, there are exceptions, namely alcohol, which is cardiotoxic (especially in combination with cocaine, as it causes the cocaine to metabolize into cocaethylene, which is more cardiotoxic than cocaine by itself) and increases your heart rate, instead of decreasing it like most GABAergic drugs. But generally speaking, the heart is not a tug-o-war rope, and if anything, taking downers would lower the cardiotoxicity by lowering the heart rate.

That said, it's not a great habit to get into, generally speaking, but that's because it can lead to becoming dependent on the downers, or mixing uppers & downers which can lead to ODing on one or the other (with benzos anyway, it's hard to imagine either being an issue with seroquel, but I've always found seroquel to be overrated as a sleep aid and generally nasty).

^ I agree generally speaking Seroquel is over rated as a sleep aid, because I never particularly feel well rested the day after taking it. It is great for knocking you out though, particularly when you are on stimulants like methamphetamine, back when I used to use the stuff more than a few times a year I would never buy any unless I had some seroquel on hand to sleep at some point.

As footscrazy pointed out, Seroquel is a dopamine antagonist, which makes it particularly useful for stopping the stimulant effect of meth, but at the same time, if you only took your last puff half an hour before you are looking to take Seroquel you are basically wasting your high.

I always tended to take 50mg or so to knock myself out after a good session on the glass pipe, usually with a couple of benzo's as well. From my obsevations though, most people tended to only need doses more in line with what was already recommended, around 25mg.

I've found seroquel superior to benzos when faced with a meth induced anxiety or panic attack. Of course if you want to feel 'good' during the comedian I think benzos are better and give a different dimension to the high but if sleep is what you want or benzos aren't available then go the seroquel. I loved using xanax/clonazepam when coming down but both have become too difficult to procure.

Rather then taking any psychotropics of any type such as seqroquel, it would be more advisable to aqquire yourself a benzodiazipine as mentioned above such as xanax (alprozolam) or valuim (diazepam). They are much more suited to situations revolving around post methamphetamine duration (will to want to sleep and relieve any anxiety and possible negative effects to your wellbeing over the course of recovering over the period chosen time to recover) to ensure you dont put yourself at risks that are associated with seroquel and the like such as the ones related to these links:

http://www.rxlist.com/seroquel-xr-drug/side-effects-interactions.htm

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=16165

I have found that mdma is more so a dangerous combination in synergy with seroquel for reasons stated such as above as possible.

Better yet face the negative effects of methamphetamine without administering anything like psychotropics or benzos to relieve anxiety's and the like. It's easy to do if your on your own because you don't have to put up with exchanged negative energy from crowds or groups of people you may not be sitting well with in an environment such as that. You know what its like you have 5 scattered people in a room day 3 of a session and everyone cant string 2 words together to save themselves then the supposed weakest guy in the group gets targetted by those who wish to apply systematics based around a pack mentality approach in ways that try to gaslight or discredit a victim with any type of negative behaviour possible just to make there comedown experience more managable because they are all really in the same boat as the target.

Theres a likley situation set in scene for you to hopefully help those of you who suffer unfairness in circles of stimulant users where disagreements are highly unfortunantly sought after.

Have fun most importantly and moderation is key especially when methamphetamine and benzos/psychotropics are in question.

Peace

quick question; long story short, was comin down off the gear this morning n had a bit over 50mg of seroqel to knock me out at 3-4am... would having a small shot of meth do anything 12 hours after that or will I have to wait longer? just dont wanna waste the gear as its good stuff...

fuck, just read my BP and it was 165/94 with a pulse of 125 (the first reading was slightly higher)

my last dose of meth was at 11pm last night, took the 50mg or seriquel at 3.20am and had 4mg of clonazapam when I woke up.. mabey I should wait till my BP goes down

thanks in advance

Yeah I'd wait if you just got that reading, that's pretty high for over 12 hours after your last shot. That's the other problem with seroquel, it doesn't bring down your HR and BP, just knocks you out. Of course clonazepam doesn't bring them down much either except in a secondary sense (ie. it calms you down mentally, which brings them down a bit), compared to the heavier benzos like xanax.

thanks for the quick response...

I actually smoked it last night.. went through a point (shared about a third of it) over a period of three hours.. ill just keep checkin my BP n once I feel its safe, Ill IV half a point.. had another kpin to try n get my heart rate down

but back to the real question; do you think Ill feel anything due to the seroquil still being in my system? to my understanding, by now I should have 12.5 - 25mg in my system

Semi related:

https://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/health/health_article1.pdf
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methamphetamine
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quetiapine
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypertension

Hypertension (High BP) seems to be a common adverse effect of Quetiapine itself, i could only imagine the synergy with methamphetamine to make it far worse

Seroquel has a half life of 7 hours (parent compound); 9-12 hours (active metabolite, norquetiapine) and Methamphetamine has a half life of 9 - 12 hours with 72 hours to leave your system. I'm not sure about Psychotropics such as Seroquel as meds like these are a funny one on how long they take to breakdown and leave the system especially if you are dependent on them or required to take a dose on a daily basis. I find risperidone (paliperidone) to be a much more stable anti psychotic for use with stimulants. Xanax far better option then anti psychotics imo.

awsome post man, very informative.. cheers

I suffer from hypertension to begin with although latly it has been really good without my meds, reading 132/75 un-medicated where as it usually reads 145/150/80+ most the time...

well I just shot a quarter of a point to play it safe.. blood pressure didnt really change but my heart rate went up 20 BPM... got a lil taste and I think its done something lol hard to tell with such a small dose ontop of the fact I used last night... this stuff is off chain but, saw half an ounce of it last night (I picked up a half weight) and you wouldnt wanna shoot more than half a point off the bat; as I said, I just got a taste from .025 :\

wish I didnt touch it last night or eat that seriquel.. would have loved to have a decent shot today without this hassle :!

might wait a few hours before I re-dose; any recommendations as to when would be a good time? (ie. when the seriquel has fucked off outta my system)

EDIT: I only take serri's once in a blue moon when Im coming down hard.. say once a month at the most and I always dose 50mg

oh and I fucking wish I had xannax.. thats my first resort but ran out of bars a couple of weeks ago so had to resort to kpins :(

Last edited:
I will never touch seroquil for a meth come down again.

Last time I ended up with psychosis after I took the seroquil had a racing heart rate and I was still suffering from the psychosis on Monday night after I took it on the Sunday night.

Was not nice at all. .

if you dont mind me asking, could you elaborate on the phychosis you experianced? and what dose did you take? (any underlying mental conditions?) my heart races like fuck the day after using high quality meth no matter what, whether I take seriquel or not.. xannax

I've taken the combo (seri on the comedown) n have never had a negative experience doses ranging from 25-100mg

From memory it was 50mg, this was a couple of years ago, so I may not be spot on with the details. But I'd say my resting heart rate on meth is usually around about 120 bpm. After taking the seroquel it jumped to around 180 resting. Also had extreme paranoia, hearing voices/seeing shadow people.

Only underlying conditions are mild depression and ADD. (Possible BPD, but that's more behavioral)

No worries, i try to be informative as possible and try to help as much as i can, trying to remember my old habbits from bl years ago lol.

Seroquel should be avoided with Meth and MDMA, ive had a bad experience once where my heart was racing then i felt like an electrical impulse and my whole body jolted. Try to source some xanax as i find it really good for anxiety which ofcourse its what xanax is designed for. Dont use if combined with opiates or using gbl/ghb/14-b. I'm on 50mg of risperidone via IM although i have misdiagnoed schizophrenia due to peoples misunderstandings of my mind and niave ways of approaching people like me only leads to misunderstanding the person with supposed schizophrenia i hear voices which are not from my mind they are to do with technology and i dont hallucinate so yeah but all that aside i 2.5 points of methamphetamine every fortnight via smoked admin method and i find respiridone to be one of the more stable anti psychotics around far outwheighing the side effects of serquel and stimulants combined. They can give me a racing heart when either combined with pot and meth or meth and risperidone on its own but not as much as the seroquel and meth.

Ask you psychiatrist to try risperidone or better yet nobody needs any of that shit but yeah if your bound and you think the benefits of psychotics are worthwhile to your well being and progression over the turn of your life then do so at your own will.

Xanax ftw imo :)