• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Using Naltrexone to speed up Suboxone induction?

Deathly

Greenlighter
Hey so basically I am wondering if I can use a small amount of Naltrexone (I am thinking 1-5mg) or enough to induce a precipitated withdrawal and then take the Suboxone shortly after? The idea is to shorten the induction time and prevent the Bupe from causing a precipitated withdrawal. I really don't see why this wouldn't work as long as the Suboxone is able to "out compete" the Naltrexone. I am fairly certain it will because Bupe seems to be able to out compete almost all opiates. I plan on potentially trying this about 14-16 hours after my last dose of Heroin.

What do you think of this plan? If this works it could be very helpful to many people. Please let me know your thoughts or any potential problems.

Why? 24 hrs without your dope of choice isnt that hard, unless of cojrse your dope is fentnyl. Most people can take bupe sooner. I wait 12 hours usually. No PWD. YMMV

For me 24hrs isn't enough with H. I find I have to wait at least 36-40 Hours for the Bupe to give me relief. 48 hours seems to be optimal for me. Anyways, where I live you have to go to the pharmacy every day to get your dose until you earn carries. If you miss 3 doses in a row you are off the program and it can take some time to get back on. I missed 2 days and ended up using H to stop the WDs, I had to go to the pharmacy on the 3rd day to get my Subs or else I would be kicked off the program and have to start from scratch at a later date.

Regardless of the reason, I am wondering if there is any reason this wouldn't work? If this did work it would cut the wait time of induction down to only an hour or two and could be a great way for people on Methadone to get on Subs or for people that are too scared of WDs or can't wait long enough to even try Bupe properly . The basic rule of thumb is, the worse you feel the more effective Bupe is, and unfortunately waiting while you are sick to get even sicker before induction is tough for many people.

Its not because you still have H in your system, its because your tolerance is too high for the bupe to be felt and provide any relief.
i dont think the naltrexone will help you at all.. u will still need to wait for your tolerance to begin to drop so u can feel the bupe