• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

using heroin/opiates whilst on atenolol (or other beta blockers)

pisspotnrock

Bluelighter
just realized this might be better suited for the smacky thread, please move so if need be..

was just wondering how dangerous it actually is using heroin/opiates whilst on 50mg of atenonlol? Im picking up some smack for the first time since I've been prescribed beta-blockers and Im not too sure how cautious I should be.. my only worry is my heart rate dropping too much.. I took the atenolol at ~ 9 this morning and will be using ~50-75mg IV of higher quality heroin in an hour or two, should I be worried? checked my BP/HR before, 134/74 and 64bp/m

should also mention I take tramadol, 100 - 150mg ever second day with the atenolol but obviously thats like ginger beer to a shot of heroin

I've read conflicting opinions on other forums so would like to hear what you guys think :?

cheers

what the fuck?

un-medicated, my BP was 145/80 and 5 minutes after shooting a point of heroin, it was 185/89 and my HR was over 100 BPM?

I though opiates are supposed to lower your heart rate and blood pressure?

can someone please explain to me what the fuck is goin on there? thats what my BP/HR reads are shooting fuckin meth :?

Could be the rush of injection, or some kind of adrenaline response to the process of IV administration?

thats what I thought at first but as I said, I took the reading 5 minutes post shot - long after that whole IV related adrenalin boost.. Ill take another reading 45 minutes after the shot next time I indulge (most likely tomorro lol)

I think I might have also done a reading another time an hour after 75mg IV which read the same but I cant remember lol

Could be a cut in the gear? I've heard of smack being cut with caffeine, I don't know if it's one of those myths or not, but it does make a bit of sense given it increases the effects of smoking it.

Also adrenaline hangs around for ages so it could perhaps still be affecting you 5mins after your shot I reckon. You'd know best though.

I don't know how beta blockers and smack interact but I would wager it'd be a risky combo just because both (are meant to) reduce blood pressure.

How's the medical issue with your blood pressure going? Maybe that has something to do with it?