• Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

News US Democratic senators propose bill to federally legalize marijuana

deficiT

Sr. Moderator: NSADD, DC, & TDS
Staff member
They're planning on getting a final draft of the bill together by September 1.

I automatically assume due to the extreme divisiveness and state of our politics the right will automatically block it. Not for political reasons, simply as a "fuck you we won't cooperate" to the left. Sigh. Nice to see, though.

My gut feeling is it will be at least another decade before we see federally legal cannabis.

I automatically assume due to the extreme divisiveness and state of our politics the right will automatically block it. Not for political reasons, simply as a "fuck you we won't cooperate" to the left. Sigh. Nice to see, though.

My gut feeling is it will be at least another decade before we see federally legal cannabis.
I'm not necessarily holding out too much hope that it will pass, but it's a good thing to see.

Idk man, I don't really think it'll be quite that long. Attitudes have changed on it drastically, and even some republicans are understanding that our prison population is out of control.

We'll give it ten years and see, if it's legal by then you owe me 20 bucks, and vice versa

Schumer stated he doesn't currently have enough votes, but that would seriously be amazing if they can get the 10 or so Republicans on board to pass this bill!

Politicians have all jumped on the bandwagon to not LEGALIZE weed for unknown reason. Probably because of the donations they receive from the Big pharmacuetical companies across the USA?