• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

US - CO - It is legal to smoke marijuana on your front porch in Denver

MagickalKat777

Bluelight Crew
The Denver City Council overwhelmingly voted to allow adults to smoke marijuana on their front porches and private property -- even if the pot smoking is in clear public view.

In a resounding 10-3 final vote Monday evening, City Council finally approved the measure eliminating a controversial front-yard pot smoking ban introduced in November, which previously appeared poised to pass with a 7-5 vote.

"Fortunately, common sense ultimately prevailed," said Mason Tvert, communications director of Marijuana Policy Project and key backer of Colorado's marijuana legalizing Amendment 64, to The Huffington Post. "If adults are able to consume alcohol -- and even smoke cigarettes -- outside on their private property, there's no logical reason why they should be prohibited from using a less harmful substance."

Full article: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/10/smoking-pot-denver_n_4419335.html

I honestly didn't think that I would see this. They were trying to make it illegal to be able to be seen or smell in relation to smoking pot, I'm glad to see that this failed.

I'll be going to the dispensary on the 1st to get my first bag of retail weed ;)

I wonder if the first week of January is going to be the week of random UAs for employers. Should be interesting.

Glad that they stopped that nonsense. Just old brainwashing making its' way loose and out of here, nothing to be alarmed at, folks.

It is legal to smoke marijuana on your front porch in Denver

Damn! I don't have a front porch in Denver!!

(Wish I did, though...)

Its going to be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Those regulations apply to Denver only, other cities are making their own rules...

I think its going to be rather complicated and lead to the state having to pass basic guidelines.

There are even counties that have opted out of the law entirely.