Update on opiate journey..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
using TDS as your own personal blog space is cool though?

This isn't a blog, it is a thread where experienced individuals can give their suggestions and support.

Keep in mind that BLer's aren't the only ones who read these threads. A passerby with a similar struggle can peruse this thread and perhaps take action in their own lives and follow some of the very valid suggestions offered thus far.

From beginning to end, this thread does have value. It is real life documentation of a struggling addict and offers others experience on how they got through the pain

If this were a Blog, it wouldn't be as easily seen by BL members (and non-members) thus, someone in the same situation would be less likely to learn from someone else's hard lesson

Stop posting your business in a public forum and I'll definitely stay out. I'm not the only one telling you this jake.. look around. People are fed up with your empty promises.

Are you a mod ? You think im gonna stop posting because you tell me to ? Lol , its a PUBLIC forum , that means i can post if i want

I'm starting to agree with the guy who said you might be a troll... if you expect me to accept the legitimacy of your public posts then you obviously understand the legitimacy of my public replies...

Overdone you are right but I'm still not sure what the point is.
Jakes complaining and so are we, what exactly are we doing different?

Should I make my own thread to post about my "life experience" as a strugging addict?
Because that thread would definitely include Jake and other experiences I've been through.

Jake is not tapering anything he's still using dope, he using coke as well now, and this thread
might be a biography of a struggling addict but its more accurately the biography of a variety
of struggling addicts ENABLING another addict.
I am one of those addicts who refuses to enable, and I have the right to post my struggles just
like Jake. I think this thread is serving more a disservice to him than a service, and my ethics tell me he needs
more reality in his life. Which is all thats going on.

BOjangles 69 .........................I have been at 55 mg for a week or 2 , not months like yuo just said............I have to plan to go to Help me Please's because i dont know her at all, and i have to finish a week of finals, what is wrong with that bo ? And Bo yes you do have to talk to a counselor at the clinic before your dose is lowered and then a dr. has to sign off on it...........Have you been on a methadone clinic bo? No. So Please Stop saying all this stuff about me that is not true............No Phrostbyte i dont understand the legitamacy because putting me down and being a jerk is not legitamite...So thanks to OVer Done , the MODERATOR who will keep this thread open, and if you guys dont like it then why do you keep coming back on here ? Funny............you guys really seem to get off on it or something

Agreed.. I'm a struggling addict too.. the difference is I'm not going to chronicle how I constantly express a desire to get clean yet at the same time completely ignore or reject the advice of individual's who might have some insight. The best advice I ever got in regards to my addiction were "man up and take some responsibility for your fuck ups".

yea jake.. people that actually have truth in their words are somehow jerks... that makes sense.

It's obvious jake doesn't give a shhit about anyones opinion but his own, so just stop posting in his threads if he's not gonna at least try to change to get clean. Maybe then he'll actually do something about it since he's not getting all the attention he must be desiring by posting all the same shit all the time. Posting about getting clean isn't gonna get you clean, jake.

Alright Georgie you're right.. I won't post anymore unless jake actually makes an attempt to abide by what he says.

Jake is not tapering anything he's still using dope, he using coke as well now, and this thread

How do you know what im doing ? Are you sitting here with me ? Why are you SOOOOOOOOOOOO worried about what i am doing , why dont you worry abuot what you are doing ? You seem to have a lot of time to focus on someone else, is that how you forget about your own problems ? Were you not hooked on pods for a long time? Now I am any different than you ? Dude if you arent here to help , why are you here ? Because you get off on saying how you are better than me? Thats sad

First of all you guys dont know what is going on with me , you are just assuming that i am not taking anyones advice ......................The advice i got was stay on the methadone clinic and dont do other drugs , and that is what i am doing , so i am taking peoples advice .

So whatever , everyone is better than jake he is a terrible person , lets all trash him ...............

How do you know what im doing ? Are you sitting here with me ?

because you posted it?

First of all you guys dont know what is going on with me , you are just assuming that i am not taking anyones advice ......................The advice i got was stay on the methadone clinic and dont do other drugs , and that is what i am doing , so i am taking peoples advice .

we don't know whats going on with you? you have been blogging on here for 2 years now. we know you aren't taking anyones advice because we have watched you do nothing but more drugs for the past 2 years. you post the same threads over and over again

its just a attention whoring pity party with you

Bo and PhrostByte, I understand what you are saying completely. My point is that this is turning into a bashing session between TDSers and that isn't what we do here.

Anyone may start a thread to seek help. Sometimes we struggle with that help because of fear. This struggle often causes more consequences prompting an individual to ask for help again.

At some point jake will have no other choice but to follow some of the valid suggestions once he realizes that his way isn't working.

I'm no Oracle but once all other frantic grasps for an easier way out have been recognized as unrealistic, the only other options will be to risk the suggestions of his peers

The tone of this thread is spiraling downward quickly.

There's a difference between 'tough love' and being insulting and judgmental.

We need to recognize that jake is going through a process, man. Its a slow process and filled with confusion and fear that no one knows better than him since he is living it (we are merely spectators that don't see the entire picture)

jake's story can be any one of our stories (either past, present or future), its real life shit that we can't control. Yes it can be frustrating at times to read but it is what it is. I don't see him whining or asking for pity and there is value to this thread if it releases some of the pain he is feeling and helps him get some perspective.

That perspective may not come when WE want it to come (which is what makes it frustrating) but decision time is fast approaching for jake. We can't rush the dude's process (however badly we want to)

Antagonistic, hateful posts are not welcome in this thread or anywhere else in TDS.

I am quoting this b/c it doesn't seem like people are paying attention!

Yes, each of you have a right to voice your opinions, as Bojangles pointed out, BUT you must do so within The Dark Side Guidelines!
We will not tolerate one more post that is abusive, rude, belittling or in any way against the BLUA or TDS Guidelines.

If you do not like the way this thread is going, hit the REPORT button, or PM a Moderator- Do not post in this thread tearing someone down.

If you feel you are being picked on, use the REPORT button or PM a Moderator. Do not post a response that may antagonize another member.

Now if we could please get back on topic!

I am merging the two current threads you have on the front page Jake...............

thank you so i guess i am sorry to everyone that im an addict who has not been able to get clean for 2 years...................and posts about it

^Read the bolded post above.
In the future , if you feel you are not being treated fairly, report it.

The rules explicitly state that "tough love" is appropriate at times considering the subjects
state of mind. Jakes state of mind is not suicidal and all I'm doing is showing him tough love.

Jake noone is "trashing" you. The same people you think are trashing you now are the same people who have ALWAYS been there to help you from the begining.

Now back on "topic" (whatever the hell that is).
Jake I will tell you one of my fears.
And that is the fear that one day I'm going to get a random phone call from your dad asking
who I am and if I'm aware that Jake overdosed/passed away. Thats why even if I'm being harsh now, and on the edge of being banned, I'd much rather prefer that then sit here and watch you kill yourself while people enable you by being "polite".

But its obvious this thread is triggering you to go defensive on us.
I know that you hate your life and get depressed w/out drugs, but people here are just
alluding to the fact that happiness is something you invest in. You don't really wanna get off drugs AS MUCH as you want to just be happy. Thats why you keep relapsing right?

I think you have got it through your head that theres no way you'll ever be happy on opiates, and if you need 56 threads to do that so be it. But you mentioned a detail that your dad is cutting you off in January, and if that HAPPENS while you are still using that is a situation that can turn ugly fast. You go out and rob someone, get shot, or just get yourself in trouble and go right back to prison for your 3rd time. Sometimes pressure needs to raised when stakes are high, sometimes calculated risks need to be taken.
I see you are at 55mg and I know you've been there since dec 1 or something. You say its gonna take time to sort out helpme/detox. You just need to understand how long this "process" has been going on and where this process is likely to end if you don't start focusing more on your behavoir and less on the irrelevant thoughts that go through your mind. You do a lot of worrying, but it almost seems like you choose to do that in compensating for a lack of behavoir. My entire point is if you focus more on your BEHAVOIR, the worrying will gradually begin to go away. Cause you surely bet I'd be worried too if I was in your position and not doing what I could to stop it. And your worrying often comes off as a sign that your still not making the right decisions, which you sometimes confess too (like doing dope/coke).
Please man, for the sake of your sanity and any future potential you may have in this world to be happy, just start making the right decisions now, and worry about those decisions later (which you won't if they were right is the point). If you relapse don't hide it, but don't expect us to casually ignore it either. The last thing I would do in my position is go out IVn coke. Maybe you broke down, maybe you thought it was some innocent bs but when I SEE YOU sticking needles in your arm, when you never have before, and mods are telling me to "deal with your process", I am bound to flip the script like some other members have. Stay away from coke, you WILL just add on another habit if you don't watch your behavoir like a hawk right now. I understand theres more of an association to dope, and you may relapse from time to time, but I also know your smart and above that bs. And when you use dope I think your secretly asking for a good hard kick in the ass from people who care.

Just continue to do your thing, and I'll try to not get banned so I can see you out of this shithole life a lot of us are going through. later man.

thank you so i guess i am sorry to everyone that im an addict who has not been able to get clean for 2 years...................and posts about it

Look man I'm not getting off topic again but I want to clear something up with you.
You're not just an "addict", you are a person who persistently claims you do not want to be an addict. So who has the right to say exactly what you are? Not even yourself.
My point is when I call myself an "addict" its usually followed by the thought "you can only assume that". I can also assume I'm not an addict, and get off drugs. A lot of the reason you go out relapsing, is because you can always fall back on the comfortable justification that "I'm an addict and a rightful fuckup and noone can tell me what to do". My only point in this post is
thats not true. You only are what you believe you are, believe your not an addict, and watch yourself stop acting like one.

Status
Not open for further replies.