• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Unusually High Opiate Tolerance

Greenmagic

Greenlighter
So about a week ago i bought 5 RP 30's and i started off taking just 1. It was alright/buzz. The next day i took 2 and was feeling pretty good. I bought 5 more last night And took 2. I'm realizing that 60 mg of Oxycodone is only giving me a slight high and i shouldn't have a tolerance as my opiate use is few and far between. Is this normal? I thought 60 would have a stronger sedating effect and or a little more euphoria. but $60 to achieve a good high is far fetched for me. Anyone been through this?

Oxy can be very stimulating to many, especially when you push the doses. And its effects are more subtle than bang in your face. This really doesnt surprise me at all.

I love Opioids and Oxycodone was never more than a stop-gap for me. I significantly preferred Morphine/Heroin. The norm seems to be a preference for Oxycodone though, with Heroin use being common mostly due to economical reasons than a matter of personal preference.

I'd probably Give up a leg in return to be able to get high on 60 mgs lol I need like 180 at once for what you're chasing cause I do blk tar h half gram a day and that'll be you if you don't stop at 60-90-120 mgs

I love Opioids and Oxycodone was never more than a stop-gap for me. I significantly preferred Morphine/Heroin. The norm seems to be a preference for Oxycodone though, with Heroin use being common mostly due to economical reasons than a matter of personal preference.

Man, oxy and heroin are the two opioids I have some of the most experience with, I'd NEVER prefer oxy over heroin with a choice personally. But then I don't like stimulating opioids.

150mg is a good dose (for me, i don't recommend jumping to that without gauging your own body).

Last edited:
Yeah but that's the point. At the height of my addiction a shot of heroin that's "meh" for me would be a lethal weapon to a normal person. Probably a few normal people.

Obviously you'd have to be an idiot to see someone online say such and such is a good dose then blindly try it, problem is the world is full of idiots, and alas it's the responsibility of grown ups to try and protect children and retard adults. So it might be prudent to exercise caution.

I'm just posting what it's like for me. I tried it because i worked my way up.

I just realized you’re OP. My mistake; I thought you were giving advice to OP.

You’re at extremely high doses for someone who uses opiates so sparingly. Be careful.

I’ve used opioids for years, and 150mg at a time is a dose I don’t even take all at once. Over the course of a day, maybe. But not all at once. You’re entering dangerous territory. I understand your tolerance is higher than you expected, which is why you started this thread. But don’t let that give you a false sense of security or invincibility. Those are high doses of powerful narcotics.

Good luck. Be careful.

Is it possible the pills are counterfeits? Seems like the most obvious explanation.

First thing i thought about obviously but they are definitely Oxycodone and they are imprinted perfectly straight from a dopemans bottle. RP 30's from Rhodes Pharmaceuticals

Counterfeits can look pretty convincing. I'm not sure that proves they're not.

I'd exercise caution with the next lot you get just in case these ones aren't what they say they are.

That's kinda weird OP. I was a longtime heroin addict with a massive tolerance (I shot dope for 21 years, and had a dealer's habit for a good portion of that since, well, I dealt a lot of heroin to be a white dude). I totally feel what JessFR says about my normal shots (or even shots that were "meh" to me, would likely kill several people that had a normal tolerance, especially since my favorite thing to do was take 20mg single doses of Xanax while shooting heroin and drinking liquor all day and most of the night. I did this daily for years and was fine. I could still conduct business, keep my money straight, keep my dope man's cash straight, etc....). My tolerance seems to be stuck near the level of my heroin days because I can take 150mg + of roxy (legit prescribed to me for chronic pain) and 10-20mg of Xanax (legit prescribed to me for panic disorder) washed down with liquor and Lokos, all in a single dose (though my RXd doses aren't 150mg of roxy and 20mg of Xanax per day, but I like to feel my stuff too sometimes just like everyone) and that's a decent buzz for me. I'm still perfectly functional and most people would have no clue I was on anything. Give those doses of those medications to someone who isn't used to dosages that high, and they would be a drooling, incoherent zombie or an OD statistic.

Your opioid use (which seems hardly any. You take it very seldom and, even then, in small doses) should give you way more than what you're feeling. Were you ever a heavy user of powerful opioids for a long time? If so, you may be like me, in that your tolerance levels seem to be "set" at the high tolerance level(even tho I haven't done heroin for years) Also, keep in mind that everyone's body chemistry is different, your own body chemistry can be different at different times, and everyone has different reactions to medications ( For example, I have never been impressed with Opana/oxymorphone, and I've had brand name, various generics, pretty much every strength they make of IR and ER formulations, etc.... I prefer my roxys and find them more effective and superior. Even though Opana is supposed to be stronger, roxys are better and stronger for me at equivalent doses). Even the same medications at the same dosages can vary between brands. I prefer Mallincrodt brand for my generic roxys, some people call them "mallincrap" and prefer another brand. Both pharmacies I use generally stock KVK Tech roxys as their generics. I find those are fine and pretty much on par with Mallincrodt, others find them to be inferior products. Whatever the cause, the effects of your sparse opioid use is weird. If you've never been a junkie, 60mg of roxy should get you high as gas if you take it 5 or 6 times a year. I can say that I was never impressed with Rhodes brand roxys. Are those what you normally get?

Last edited:
Yes. My dr gives me 90 norco a month and because I’ve been having surgery every two months for over a year he gives me two scripts for 40 dilaudid and two for oxy 10s in the same month
Each script is empty within a day and a half

I usually take 4-5 at a time every hour or so and luckily dr gave me anti nausea meds which help maybe Half the time. My body just wants rid of the pills so I usually puke towards the end of the night which is good my body realizes this many isn’t kosher and I need to get rid of

I was always someone who wanted to try drugs and loved them so much I didn’t care what I put in my body but never did heroin I knew my addictive personality and I’d like it to much

I do have question if anyone knows

I usually do a trade with a friend some of my norco for Medical marijuana anyway he has six OxyContin 10 mg I told him I’ll swap ten norco for his because his lack of tolerance they’ll just make him sick
Anyway considering the amount I take on the reg For example I take four norco 7.5 or Three 10 mg percs at a time. Would six OxyContin even have much of a noticeablely stronger effect? Last time I took OxyContin was over ten years ago and they were 40 mg each but I was also using fentyl and percs occasionally not to the current degree
Maybe I’m hoping for a similar level of effects as I experienced 15 years ago

Last edited:
One of the most dangerous factors with opioid abuse is from taking large doses of acetaminophen at once it kills ur liver