• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Unusual IV occurence with a veteran banger.

R117329

Greenlighter
I've played with IV off and on for many years. I usually hit veins around my forearm to wrist (sides and top, never bottom). Today I hit the vein on the right side of my left wrist, going into my hand. I had my forearm blocked off pretty tight. Got through to about a unit or 2, paused, and shot the remainder, and the skin/vein ballooned right up like it was going under the skin and not in the vein. I've missed before, and it burned like hell regardless of what was in the dart. This time, zero pain. I would not have known had I been looking. I pulled it out, cleaned the dart and recapped, and the bulge was gone.

Did I have my vein blocked to tightly and overfilled it? Or did I push the 2 units in too quick? I'm stumped here.

I've played with IV off and on for many years. I usually hit veins around my forearm to wrist (sides and top, never bottom). Today I hit the vein on the right side of my left wrist, going into my hand. I had my forearm blocked off pretty tight. Got through to about a unit or 2, paused, and shot the remainder, and the skin/vein ballooned right up like it was going under the skin and not in the vein. I've missed before, and it burned like hell regardless of what was in the dart. This time, zero pain. I would not have known had I been looking. I pulled it out, cleaned the dart and recapped, and the bulge was gone.

Did I have my vein blocked to tightly and overfilled it? Or did I push the 2 units in too quick? I'm stumped here.

You did rememeber to remove the tie after registering but before shooting didn't you?

Cos if you didn't then the pressure of the shot will likely blow the vein out.

Happened to me too, I don't know what you're using, but it happened to me shooting caths. I think it's because the blood isn't being "pulled" through, due to overflow in the main veins higher up in the arm just after removing the "garot" in french (belt?), and blood also coming in in front of the injection site. That causes a build up of stagnant blood aggravated by injection. Other option *also happened) is the needle causing a sudden clogging when going into the vein, most of the time due to it being already used, which subsides when injecting if not too bad and clogging it for a few hours/days if bad. I think it's due to the bodies natural reaction facing inflammation at tissue due to cutting/piercing.

No, I've never really done that, in fear the vein is released when the vein loses the volume. We're only talking 7 or 8 units, the veins are pretty large. It was just a really odd, tightly defined bubble that I wouldn't have thought twice was a miss if it had burned.