• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Unsure where to post this... Pain Management after dental surgery

Inc3pti0n

Bluelighter
Ok i take 8 codeine 30mg tablets and between 2-4 tramadol capsules. This just about hits the point of pain releif but nothing immense.

Anyway ive just today, couple of hours ago had to have 6 bottom back row teeth out, its very sore at the moment. Im a very thin person, i dont eat like i should but i get even more hungry when i cannaot have food such as in a situation like this. I dont have many teeth left, just my front teeth basically. I have lots of open wounds from where the 6 total teeth was removed. I cant eat anything that i normally would.

How can i keep a decent diet in this situation ? Its hard enough taking my oral form of medication.

You should make protein shakes and blended vegetable and fruit smoothies then drink them through a straw. Put a straw to the back of your throat and suck it through like that, just be sure not to choke.

This should help you keep up on your nutritional needs until you can chew again. You should look up protein and vegetable shake recipes on the internet, i don't know any offhand. Good luck

No definitely do not use a straw. Using a straw, smoking, spitting or anything that causes suction is a nono. If you do any of those you are at risk to pulling out the blood clot(s) which will give you dry socket which from what I've heard is extremely painful. I'm sure your dentist probably explained this to you or at least I hope he did. When you lose the blood clot your jaw bone becomes exposed and when air hits it it eventually drys out. I believe to fix it they have to insert some sort of cloth with medication to fix it.

As far as diet i don't know what to do. I'm skinny as well and has the same issue a few weeks ago when I got 1 pulled. The best thing to do is eat nothing but soft foods like Apple sauce, ice cream maybe some toast/bread if you chew with your front teeth. Also stay away from hot food, especially not liquids they can melt the clot.

My dentist said nothing that can cause suction or hot/hard foods for 3 to 5 days. I did 5 just to be safe. In your case I would do at least a week minimum since you got 6 pulled.

Definitely be careful. I'm sure they also told you about gently doing salt water rinses. I'd do them after you eat to get any food that may have gotten in the hole. But don't spit out the water, just let it fall out of your mouth.

Do you mind if I ask why you had 6 pulled at once. Obviously I'm sure they were hurting you due to them being damaged in some way.

Good luck

I used to work with disabled people who had swallowing issues. What I would do is use chicken or beef stock and blend up steamed veggies, carbs, and whatever protein I cooked for the others. Works like a charm. You?ll want it to have the consistentcey of mashed potatoes. I hope this helps!

In the states we have a supplemental nutrition/ weight gaining drink known as Ensure that was developed by abbot pharma. It's 20g protein/ 350 cal/ 2 dozen vits & minerals per 8 oz (227g).

Do you have something like that in the UK? It would seem nearly ideal, at least mixed in with some real food like DM's ^ blend. Eggs & milk can help with short term protein issue as well.

Thankyou for the information here guys, glad to know the community cares so much for members.

I used to work with disabled people who had swallowing issues. What I would do is use chicken or beef stock and blend up steamed veggies, carbs, and whatever protein I cooked for the others. Works like a charm. You?ll want it to have the consistentcey of mashed potatoes. I hope this helps!

Yea mash potatoe sounds good and soft so i dont see a problem there, thank you brother. Will try it out

In the states we have a supplemental nutrition/ weight gaining drink known as Ensure that was developed by abbot pharma. It's 20g protein/ 350 cal/ 2 dozen vits & minerals per 8 oz (227g).

Do you have something like that in the UK? It would seem nearly ideal, at least mixed in with some real food like DM's ^ blend. Eggs & milk can help with short term protein issue as well.

Yes in the UK we have a tin you buy from local shops called Nurishment which is full of vitamins protein etc etc and ive bought 10 of those to keep me going for a couple of days and will try to eat potatoes, things soft.